PDA

View Full Version : TR question

Polar_Andromeda
5th Oct 2002, 08:13
How do you think playing TR has made you better, i.e., has it made you a little smarter or taught you about some weapons? ...things like that.

DaveJ
5th Oct 2002, 08:58
It improved my appreciation of other games.

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 09:28
ouch!
that was a pointed remark if ever I heard one.

DaveJ
5th Oct 2002, 10:23
Its true though.

The TR games were the first (after Blade Runner) that I played on a PC.

Whilst waiting for Chronicles, after finishing all the first four, I scoured around and tried other games.
There were so many new elements being incorporated into them that I realised there was a lot more out there, and that the TR games had indeed become kinda repetitive.

Its always nice to have the bar raised.
;)

the_internet_king
5th Oct 2002, 11:52
it made my fingers hurt lol;)

Jade
5th Oct 2002, 11:59
i now know some very nice ways to kill a badguy:D

DarkangelKS
5th Oct 2002, 13:49
sometimes i'll be watching an action movie and i know exactly what weapons they're using and since i'm a girl my friends think its kinda weird

Godfather
5th Oct 2002, 14:54
It made me realize that you don't actually need a real girlfriend to be happy ... :D

Solaris
5th Oct 2002, 18:56
Originally posted by Godfather
It made me realize that you don't actually need a real girlfriend to be happy ... :D

:rolleyes:

Its made me realize that woman kick a lot of arse and that men (at times) have abosoltuly no pontential of beating a woman:D

Cyber_Punk_303
5th Oct 2002, 22:35
Playing TR taught me alot, it taught me that i'm not the only freak in the world that loves going places i'm not supposed to.

After playing the TR games i've been really REALLY into going adventuring, hehehe, i've really screwed with the system a few times.

TR also taught me to make grunts when i climb things. Hehehehe. "Huh!", "Ugh!", "Ah!", "Grr", "Huh-Ooh!". LOL.

It also enabled me to meet the REAL Lara Croft. This chick in my school that's accompanied on a wicked underground mission.

Yap, Lara's mah gal!

EddyBones
6th Oct 2002, 01:18
Tomb Raider doesn't teach me, it distracts me from being taught;)

Godfather
6th Oct 2002, 08:27
Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray
Tomb Raider doesn't teach me, it distracts me from being taught;)

You really start to sound like Gandalf the Gray, d'you know that?! :D

Polar_Andromeda
6th Oct 2002, 14:20
Originally posted by Godfather

You really start to sound like Gandalf the Gray, d'you know that?! :D

More like Zeddicus Z'ul Zorander to me. ;)

Godfather
6th Oct 2002, 15:30
Originally posted by Polar_Andromeda

More like Zeddicus Z'ul Zorander to me. ;)

Is that Latin for "Bert and Ernie"? :D

Polar_Andromeda
7th Oct 2002, 04:48
:p You wish. No, it's just this other wizard from this popular fantasy series called The Sword of Truth. I would say Gandalf the Gray sounds exactly like Zedd would in real life.;)

Prelude
7th Oct 2002, 17:21
I would never have dreamed of wearing a light green top before

THE True Lara
7th Oct 2002, 17:58
... let alone a rubber one! ;)

EddyBones
8th Oct 2002, 01:42
Originally posted by Polar_Andromeda
:p You wish. No, it's just this other wizard from this popular fantasy series called The Sword of Truth. I would say Gandalf the Gray sounds exactly like Zedd would in real life.;)
Those books rock!!! I never thought I would find somebody else that reads them. Infact, my user name at another forum is Zeddicus Zorander:)

Polar_Andromeda
8th Oct 2002, 08:31
I know!!! They are the bomb!!! I read all 7 books in two weeks, nonstop. That's how good I thought they were!

thanhkim
8th Oct 2002, 23:44
I have learnt to get prepared when playing tr. Get comfortable cause the whole body goes stiff from not moving. Have plenty of toliet stops cause I'm always busting from holding on too long and have regular food and drink breaks. It also has taugh me how important and valuable ones sleep is, cause when one plays tr you don't get much. zzzzzz