PDA

View Full Version : Who is does Aerith love? Zack or Cloud?

Zerith
3rd Jan 2013, 22:53
Hi my name is Zerith :D
I love to play Final Fantasy VII and Crisis Core when i finish playing i was very confuse who Aerith love can anyone help me there are many of debate of so many people who play that are ZackxAreith or CloudxAerith so I just want to bring it up on this fourm so i want to hear from you guys want you guys think or we can just ask Square Enix screenwriter the real answer so everyone should stop debating on it :D because half of my friend who play FF7 and Crisis Core right now is taking side XD 3 to 3 lol, and im the odd one out so i want to hear you guys opinion before i make mine :P Thanks!

Jojo649
4th Jan 2013, 01:15
In my opinion she loves Cloud, the fact that he begins to change from a disinterested and cocky guy to a more caring person after he meets her it's pretty lovely, and more when he say's he'll be there for her while Aeirth searches deeper for him, and even if the marriage that Caith Sith foresee failed, he still loves her, after all he can't remember her, because he can't forget her in the first place, that's incredibly sweet, but the ultimate fact that made me love them as a couple is the hand reaching scene at the end and the confession he made to Tifa, about meeting her again in The promised land, a place of infinite happiness, that promise about eternal love even after death is bittersweet, that's why I would like to have the greatest Star crossed lovers story made finally canon, :D.

Grimoire
4th Jan 2013, 02:35
According to the novel The Maiden's Journey to the Planet, she loved Cloud much more than she had ever loved her first love. However, with the release of Crisis Core (not to mention Advent Children), I would say that the old FINAL FANTASY VII "triangle drama" is somewhat outdated. After all, Zack was originally only introduced towards the very end of the development of the game. To each their own.

Kuja9001
4th Jan 2013, 07:10
According to the novel The Maiden's Journey to the Planet, she loved Cloud much more than she had ever loved her first love. However, with the release of Crisis Core (not to mention Advent Children), I would say that the old FINAL FANTASY VII "triangle drama" is somewhat outdated. After all, Zack was originally only introduced towards the very end of the development of the game. To each their own.

That book isn't canon, it contradicts things.

Grimoire
4th Jan 2013, 07:50
Nowadays: Yes.

However, pretty much every part of the Compilation contradicts the rest of it. Like one of the Turks having a showdown with Sephiroth in the Nibelheim Mako Reactor, Before Crisis, and how Evan spends several days walking from Sector 08 to 06, whereas the Turks can walk from Midgar to Kalm in one morning, Turks: The Kids are Alright versus On the Way to a Smile.

Zerith
4th Jan 2013, 20:21
I thought maiden was not official even SE say so?

but doesn't crisis prove that Areith love Zack more that cloud I'm now a ZackXAreith fan now.

Grimoire
5th Jan 2013, 03:12
The Maiden is still "official". However, it was not written by Kazushige Nojima, but by Benny Matsuyama.

Zerith
5th Jan 2013, 12:33
I thought it not offcial since SE did not aprove Maiden and it was not the SE member who wrote it?

And also wasn't Maiden wrote before CC come out? So it not really offical?

Grimoire
5th Jan 2013, 12:51
The Maiden was approved by SQUARE ENIX, yes. It was published by SQUARE ENIX and edited by Studio BentStuff in the FINAL FANTASY VII Ultimania Omega 2005, two years before CRISIS CORE. Hmh? ADVENT CHILDREN, On the Way to a Smile, BEFORE CRISIS, LAST ORDER and DIRGE of CERBERUS were all released before CRISIS CORE, but that does not make them any less official.

Zerith
5th Jan 2013, 18:14
Then it just a matter of opionion.

because it like jumping back land forth... It up to you to decide then. But maybe it would be clear if SE remake. but I'm a a Zerith Fan all the way :)

Grimoire
6th Jan 2013, 21:29
Why, of course. Zack & Aerith and Cloud & Tifa. It's as simple as that.

Zerith
6th Jan 2013, 22:17
Why, of course. Zack & Aerith and Cloud & Tifa. It's as simple as that.

That what i'm talking about. :D

Grimoire
7th Jan 2013, 05:39
I am well aware of that. ^_-

But even so, I had to add that Hoshi wo Meguru Otome still is offical material.

Zerith
7th Jan 2013, 14:08
What that? Maiden?

Grimoire
7th Jan 2013, 14:14
Ah, it's the official title. After all, Aerith's story has never been (officially) translated into English, so I prefer to use the Japanese title.

DerekMaverick
7th Jan 2013, 14:33
Ever since I was a kid I always thought Aeris loved Cloud more than anything or anyone... So I'm for Aeris & Cloud as a couple.

Grimoire
7th Jan 2013, 15:03
Of course, that is the original thought/idea. To each their own, as I said.

DerekMaverick
7th Jan 2013, 15:57
Yup! And Zerith I think you should make up your mind yourself. Don't let others sway you. If Zack and Aeris is what you think than that's fine!

new_tradition
7th Jan 2013, 17:23
It's been a while since I played/read/watched any FFVII title, so I'm just gonna go with my opinion and fragments I've remembered from the the titles and interviews I've read.

In my opinion, I think Aerith is the kind of person that loves everyone and from what I remember, everyone came to love her in some way too. But if we're talking romantic love, I do believe she felt that for Zack more than Cloud. She probably could've come to love Cloud as she does for Zack, but, well, you know what happened >_>

But back on Zack/Aerith, I admit most of my info comes from Crisis Core. It could be argued that it was just puppy love due to both characters just being young, but at the very least, seeing how much Zack loved Aerith, and that this is a video game romance to boot, I don't think the developers would think to have Aerith NOT love Zack in return.

(Though the *****ed up thing with the game canon is that it's all over the place-in FFVII she comes off as thinking Zack just left her and took off to the great unknown, but Crisis Core implied that she felt his death, so who really knows?)

I will admit I'm not entirely without bias-I'm a very big fan of Cloud/Tifa since the original PS1 game, and I remember reading enough interviews and seeing enough in the games and other media to confirm to me that they are a canon couple, and it just made sense to me for Zack and Aerith to finally be together in death and act as guardians to Cloud in his time of need.

Zerith
8th Jan 2013, 16:20
Yup! And Zerith I think you should make up your mind yourself. Don't let others sway you. If Zack and Aeris is what you think than that's fine!

Yeah Thanks I make up my mind im Zack X Aerith

DerekMaverick
9th Jan 2013, 15:24
Good! Now maybe others can use this to try and decide. Just a thought.

Zerith
11th Jan 2013, 21:37
Lol

Zerith
11th Jan 2013, 21:39
It's been a while since I played/read/watched any FFVII title, so I'm just gonna go with my opinion and fragments I've remembered from the the titles and interviews I've read.

In my opinion, I think Aerith is the kind of person that loves everyone and from what I remember, everyone came to love her in some way too. But if we're talking romantic love, I do believe she felt that for Zack more than Cloud. She probably could've come to love Cloud as she does for Zack, but, well, you know what happened >_>

But back on Zack/Aerith, I admit most of my info comes from Crisis Core. It could be argued that it was just puppy love due to both characters just being young, but at the very least, seeing how much Zack loved Aerith, and that this is a video game romance to boot, I don't think the developers would think to have Aerith NOT love Zack in return.

(Though the *****ed up thing with the game canon is that it's all over the place-in FFVII she comes off as thinking Zack just left her and took off to the great unknown, but Crisis Core implied that she felt his death, so who really knows?)

I will admit I'm not entirely without bias-I'm a very big fan of Cloud/Tifa since the original PS1 game, and I remember reading enough interviews and seeing enough in the games and other media to confirm to me that they are a canon couple, and it just made sense to me for Zack and Aerith to finally be together in death and act as guardians to Cloud in his time of need.

Same here im also Cloud Tifa fan.

member_10438909
11th Jan 2013, 23:48
All in all, it's up to you to decide who you think loved who and such like others have said. Your choice. And canon or not, people will like what they like. If you like a certain pairing, then by all means have at it and enjoy yourself.

Zerith
12th Jan 2013, 18:53
All in all, it's up to you to decide who you think loved who and such like others have said. Your choice. And canon or not, people will like what they like. If you like a certain pairing, then by all means have at it and enjoy yourself.

True but SE also put a lot of hint out there too.

zethofhyrule
29th Jan 2013, 15:40
Aerith Loves Zack the puppy of corse! Zack and aerith are meant to be. The only reason aerith would love cloud is because she sees traces of Zack in Cloud since cloud is zacks living legacy its only natural that aerith could love cloud too but zack and aerith are meant to be.

FantasyFinale12
29th Jan 2013, 17:01
Hmm... well, I only played part of Crisis Core, but personally I think its Zack. Usually if I think Cloud, he'd be paired with Tifa.

OCDFIGHTER
12th Feb 2013, 14:58
As a guy, I can't believe that I'm getting involved in this kind of discussion, but social mores be darned, here's my two cents: Why can't she have loved both? Aris/Arith certainly had a genuine connection with Zack, and weather she "felt his death" or not, she knew he was not coming back. Let me ask you ladies, If this were grounded in any kind of reality, wouldn't you try to move on in her position? It just makes sense that after such a long time, she might try to give someone else a chance. True love isn't like those fairy tales disney likes to re-write, you may love someone, lose them, and grow to love another.

OCDFIGHTER
12th Feb 2013, 15:01
It's just my way of interpreting all the material so that there's no contradiction.

member_10438909
12th Feb 2013, 17:14
^I agree with you not that I really care that much about contradiction when it come to pairings unlike most people I talk to about the subject.

And and after all Aerith hadn't seen Zack in what...4-5 years about with no replies from him whatso ever? A girl would most likely move on after that long. Doesn't mean she doesn't still have a part of her that won't forget Zack and will still love him, but she can love someone else.

OCDFIGHTER
12th Feb 2013, 21:31
Right, half a decade... and I forget how many unanswered letters (it was some crazy amount). Also, if we're assuming each game in the series is showing us just a glimpse of an ongoing world, then its easy to understand that not EVERY detail is "on camera" (like the fact that Cloud somehow lost his father is just an understanding we have as an audience) so I personally concluded that one of the Turks may have mentioned Zack's fate to Aris (perhaps returning her mail with a marking "SOLDIER K.I.A.") but I'm just a tad bit obsessive about thinking things through.

Midoriiro
22nd Feb 2013, 15:02
The way I see it she always loved Zack more, but missed him. So In a way she was trying to love Cloud as much so he would fill the gap that Zack left behind. Seeing that Cloud has already practically stole the entire identity and albeit a bit of the personality of Zack, I think it's safe to say that had an impact on her.

Whether or not that would have worked in the long run is up to you to judge. But keep in mind the game did have a subtle hint at this type of complex affection. I remember reading on one of the date mechanics FAQs for the game and I found this excerpt quite interesting...

EVENTS BASED ON AFFECTION
-------------------------
A few events in the game besides the Date check the various Affection values.
These have the following effects.

</pre>

Gongaga
-------
If you react to Aeris talking about Zack with jealousy, Aeris will say
"I was hoping maybe you were..." if she has more than 120 Affection.
However, it is impossible to get her Affection value this high throughout the
normal course of the game, so you will never see this without cheating</pre>

Perhaps she was maybe hoping Cloud really was Zack.
Perhaps she didnt know what she wanted out of it.

She may have been an ancient, but she was definitely human :)

(Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/2385 )

cerberus666
6th Mar 2013, 18:06
obviously she loved them both but Zack is gone. the same way Cloud can't forget her she can't forget Zack. dilly dally shilly shally

bigprophecy
6th Mar 2013, 18:22
Zack died before Aerith met Cloud. So Cloud wins by default? Can't love a dead dude....or can u....?

Grimoire
7th Mar 2013, 02:19
Of course you can.

Invasian
13th Mar 2013, 09:42
Obviously she loves Zack. Cloud just reminds her of Zack because of what he does and the way he acts and the sword. =]

But clouds a Lady's man <3_<3

Grimoire
13th Mar 2013, 10:59
Don't you mean Zack? Fooling around with the receptionists in the lobby and everything... ^_-

DerekMaverick
13th Mar 2013, 19:18
I disagree Grim. Did you see how Tifa, Yuffie, and Barrett were all lining up to go on that Ferris wheel with him? They wanted Cloud so hardcore.

Grimoire
13th Mar 2013, 22:39
Wish I could've brought Marlene here.

She'd love the fireworks.

Why the hell do I gotta be here with a foo like you... ****... the more I think 'bout it the madder I get!

Damn fireworks anyways.

BAM!

Shut up!!

^_^

destruction7
21st Mar 2013, 22:55
UP to the player decisions on Original FF7 Made Cloud get love from Tifa Or Aeris.

Like Gold Saucer night event.

saki.a.watari
24th Mar 2013, 01:59
My personal opinion here: I think Aerith really is/was/always will be in love with Zack, but that due to lonliness and their apparent similarities, she eventually developed a crush on Cloud. Though since joining the lifestream it would seem that Aerith has her true "Puppy" love back now.

Grimoire
24th Mar 2013, 03:47
As seen in Advent Children. ^_-

destruction7
7th Apr 2013, 08:33
In Advance children he never forget her!

Eklypse
22nd Apr 2013, 16:44
This is the first forum that I have found that actually seems nice to people who like zerith. Most forums I see always hate on people who like Zerith over Clerith.

I'm happy about that :D.

Personally I'm a fan of Zack x Aerith and Cloud x Tifa.

alanman178
22nd Apr 2013, 19:44
I remember the commercials for FF7 way back in 1997. "A love that could never be." I wanted Cloud to hook up with Tifa anyway. lol

Zerith
28th May 2013, 19:36
hey I'm back yeah I play CC first because I was too young to play the original.

Eklypse
31st May 2013, 13:36
hey I'm back yeah I play CC first because I was too young to play the original.

Same here, I've played half of FF7(only because the other half won't work Dx) but I played CC first and I have always loved CC more than FF7. Also, in my opinion Zack x Aerith and Cloud x Tifa are the should be couples. They work better together anways.

joskarort
15th Jun 2013, 13:04
Aerith always loved zack. He was her first boyfriend, they were in love with each other. She wears pink dresses since Zack told her. She's always been wearing the ribbon Zack gave her. She was facinated by Zack's eyes. She sent him 90 letters in 5 years without having no news from him. She felt Zack's death when she was at the church. Zack died when trying to get to Aerith yet knowing he was gonna die trying to get there. Aerith just had a like for cloud cause he reminded her of Zack. In advent children you can see how she takes care of Cloud in a motherly way while she is with Zack who is also trying to help Cloud to be forgiven and live with no burden. At the end, Aertih says godbye to Cloud while Zack is waiting Aertih to dissapear together on the livestream. Finally they are both together.... and my thoughts are...square enix could release a novel from this love story and show us more about what Aerith and Zack felt when they saw each other again. In advent children you can tell the live in armony, together and finally having the opportunity to be together for good as it was Aerith'wish. She just wanted to be with Zack as much as possible and finally they have each other to live what they couldn't in life.

Best couple ever! Zack and Aerith

And thanks to square enix for this love story.

Jose Manuel

OCDFIGHTER
8th Dec 2013, 02:09
"...square enix could release a novel from this love story..."

Poor Tiffa! lol

alanman178
8th Dec 2013, 02:53
I've always looked at this as an "option" for the 'Player'. There are many times throughout the game when you can choose a "positive" or a "negative" response to a character's question or comment. Things like, calling Aerith a "Slum Drunk", or giving a flower to Marlene instead of Tifa. I feel it's those kinds of things that make the difference between "Friend" and "Lover". Also, Zack had already passed away before the story of FF7 started. So, Cloud had his 'options'. lol

FantasyDreamKey
8th Dec 2013, 12:55
My favorite pairing are ZackxAerith and CloudxTifa. They are very cute couples.

Gaiaphron
27th May 2014, 18:51
My favorite pairing are ZackxAerith and CloudxTifa. They are very cute couples.

I agree with FantasyDreamKey plus the interaction between Cloud & Tifa in 7 decided it for me