PDA

View Full Version : Costume Inquiry...

Umah Bloodomen
5th Oct 2002, 03:29
Okay, so I posted this over on the Community Chat as well and thought I'd share it with everyone here to. (Seeing this is more up your league anyway) ;)

Here's the thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6493

Feel free to post your replies here or on the Community Chat. I'll be able to check them out in either place.

Thanks a lot!

Lozza Mate
5th Oct 2002, 03:39
hmm, methinks it wouldn't take much fabric to make the umah constume... http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/browsmiley.gif

Azrael
5th Oct 2002, 03:50
Hmm, i know, i starve for a month and then i jump into a can full of blue ink and put a drape around me!!!

Now serioully, i think its a good idea, now the big question is "what im going to wear?" or "Where can i find some cool LoK looking like clothes/drapes/rags/lol?"

Preacher
5th Oct 2002, 11:32
Hell, I'd do it. But I lack the skill or materials to make a LoK costume. I am however, looking into making a life-size Soul Reaver.

Lady Kreliana
6th Oct 2002, 06:22
I know this sounds lame, but I actually went as prefallen Raziel for Halloween a few years ago. My friends told me I wouldn't do it, so I did it just to prove them wrong.

Adrian Tepes
6th Oct 2002, 09:06
That sounds like a good idea. I will get to work on a Kain costume immediately.

KoolKat_EF
9th Oct 2002, 20:21
I'd be more than happy to take part only there aren't many females in LoK. :(
Oh well...
I'll bleach my hair, put on some face paint, ruin a good dress and become Ariel. :D j/k I'm not allowed to bleach my hair under order of my mum. :rolleyes:

Seriousy, though, I only really know about the first Soul Reaver and there aren't many females in that at all.

Azrael
9th Oct 2002, 20:55
Originally posted by KoolKat
I'd be more than happy to take part only there aren't many females in LoK. :(
Oh well...
I'll bleach my hair, put on some face paint, ruin a good dress and become Ariel. :D j/k I'm not allowed to bleach my hair under order of my mum. :rolleyes:

Seriousy, though, I only really know about the first Soul Reaver and there aren't many females in that at all.

Well you can be one of those ladies at the human citadel ;) , or the "cutted" vampire "Betty" from sr2.

KoolKat_EF
9th Oct 2002, 21:40
The human women are weak, however, I guess I could look like the ones in the red dresses and dark hair.

Who is Betty? What do you mean by 'cutted'?

Thanx for the suggestion, I will deeply condsider being a human.

Jeffers
9th Oct 2002, 21:45
"Betty" is a vampire woman who was cut from soul reaver 2 and was shoved behind a rock so she was burried in it.

Blincoln might have a picture of it on his site.

Jeffers

KoolKat_EF
9th Oct 2002, 21:48
Thanx

What is Blincoln's site called? Do you have a link?

Uggabugg
9th Oct 2002, 21:59
i think i will go as Rahab :D arr maytey :p

Azrael
9th Oct 2002, 22:02
Here's his site:
--> http://www.peak.sfu.ca/~blincoln/lok/

And here's a pic of Betty:
--> http://www.peak.sfu.ca/~blincoln/lok/Images/SR2-Betty4.JPG

=)

KoolKat_EF
9th Oct 2002, 22:12
Thanx Azrael.

Btw, I love your sig. It's cute. :)
Is the cute Soul Reaver you?
:p

blincoln
9th Oct 2002, 22:55
If you look in the SR2 section on my site, there's a bit of a biography about her, and a sample of her voice =).

KoolKat_EF
10th Oct 2002, 18:10
Cool! She even has long hair like me.

Brilliant site, Blincoln. It'd be cool if you could get the actual cutscene somehow.
If you find out how to trigger it, please put it up, cos I'm getting SR2 soon.

Raz
10th Oct 2002, 19:34
I'm up for the whole look-a-like thingy! :D

It's funny you mention this as a long while ago I went to college with someone who, after being introduced to LoK by Yours Truly, fell in love with LoK. Anyway, they were gonna make a Lieutenant Raziel costume and they did ask me to be their model!

[Raz blushes!]

Y'see, I've been told a couple o' times that I bear a resemblance to Raz by a couple of friends. They did try to get me to dye my hair at one point but at the time I was too attached to it being the way it was (way too long!).

Anyway, unfortunately the project just kinda fell into nothingness and was forgotten about. It turned out to be a lil' too expensive for our puny student budget! However, since I've started my new course I've been introduced to new workshops and the idea has been floating around again... ;)

By the way, does anyone know what material could be used to create the Lieutenant's shoulder drapes? It's some kind of tight woven material that looks kinda coarse... :)

Anubis_Orr
10th Oct 2002, 19:38
Well hopefully you look like pre-fallen Raziel or else I don't think anybody would want to see a pic :p:D

Raz
10th Oct 2002, 19:41
Lol @ Anubis_Orr! :p

Lady Kreliana
11th Oct 2002, 03:13
I know when I made my costume, I used a simple red cotton cloth for the drape, with clan symbols cut out of white material. The symbols were glued on (although I'd recommend sewing them on since the glue left 'wet spots.')

(Again, yes I know how lame I am for cross dressing as Raziel for Halloween. :P)

Darakari
12th Oct 2002, 23:43
Lady Krelian,

I don't think you're silly at all for dressing as Raziel for Halloween. That's what Holloween is for!

Dye your hair black, paint your body blue, get some leg and arm adornments like Raziel has, and drape Raziel's clan scarf around your shoulders.

I'd love to see a female "Raziel" dressed like this.

Lady Kreliana
13th Oct 2002, 03:35
Maybe I should post a pic sometime of my costume. It might help spark some ideas.

(BTW, I was pre-abyss Raziel. ;))

Sarah
16th Oct 2002, 05:40
Raz-about the fabric; either linen or wool would work quite well-linen is way scratchy though, but drapes nicely and wrinkles like crazy-wool can be scratchy(maybe a rayon/wool blend would be nice, as it would be drapey), but hangs beautifully and flatters most people when they wear it.
Um-not that I know anything about fabric, or anything....

Umah Bloodomen
16th Oct 2002, 07:54
Good news. I have managed to score most of what I will need/use for the Umah costurme. I can't guarantee a Halloween debut, but I can guarantee one soon. (I will aim for the 31st though).

Wasn't as hard as I thought. Most of the armor I am scoring off ebay. I may not be exact, but I will come super close. :p ;)

Uggabugg
16th Oct 2002, 11:02
cant wait ot see it :) what are you gonna make the umm clothes of? i cant qite picture purple leather.

Umah Bloodomen
16th Oct 2002, 15:15
Purple leather is so hard to come by. I really wanted to do it out of liquid latex myself. :p

So I opted for the more "realistic" choice and picked spandex. :p

Uggabugg
16th Oct 2002, 16:42
cool i gotta see that :D

Lady Kreliana
18th Oct 2002, 00:46
I'm sure your costume will end up looking great. :)

Darakari
6th Nov 2002, 23:23
Liquid lates and spandex . . . . . mmmmhhh.

Post some pics, please.:D