PDA

View Full Version : "I'm my own worst enemy, it's bad when you annoy yourself"

LeeO
4th Oct 2002, 19:31
Do any of you ever annoy yourself and get frustrated with things about yourself? I do all the time. There are loadsa things I dislike about me, like (to name but a few) my appearance, my "popularity", the fact that I dislike things about myself, I talk too much and it's always about the same things. Does anyone else have any pet-hates about themselves?

THE True Lara
4th Oct 2002, 19:47
Not so much annoyed as permanently depressed. And then the things about myself that annoy me make me depressed, and the the fact that I've depressed my self annoys me and that depresses me and oh god it's so depressing, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to pick up a piece of paper........

LARAMANIAC
4th Oct 2002, 20:12
I am always saying, "Gawd I get on my own nerves sometimes!!!"

Now at school I did very well, learning came very easy to me and I didn't have to try too hard to get good grades!!! I went on to technical college and did well there too - passed with honours - top of my class!!!

Where's the problem then - well when it comes to being quick on the uptake - I'M NOT!!!! Make some sort of ironic remark and I'm about six months behind you, I get sayings mixed up - you know the ones - water off a duck's back and stuff like that - I would probably say water off a chicken's back!!!! I mean please, I'm not stupid but sometimes I must seem so dim!!! I really, really, hate that about myself!!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

LeeO
4th Oct 2002, 20:39
Originally posted by THE True Lara
Not so much annoyed as permanently depressed. And then the things about myself that annoy me make me depressed, and the the fact that I've depressed my self annoys me and that depresses me and oh god it's so depressing, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to pick up a piece of paper........

I'm like that too. I get depressed all of the time.

THE True Lara
4th Oct 2002, 22:05
Ahh, but do you read Douglas Adams?

DarkangelKS
4th Oct 2002, 23:52
i hate it when i say something stupid to the person i like i'd absolutely love to beat the crap outta myself everytime i do something like that!!!!! and sometimes i just say such stupid things and every1 looks at me like i'm crazy or something. Sometimes i'll make a joke and nobody gets it and eveyone just kind of looks at me and then theres one of those stupid awkward pauses!!!!!!!!!!!!! k sorry i just had to complain about myself.....i'm done now:-)

Lil Lara
5th Oct 2002, 00:58
I get annoyed with myself when I get depressed over stupid/silly things...such as boys.

Boys are stupid...and yet I still want them to like me. :(

TombRaiderChik
5th Oct 2002, 03:24
Originally posted by LeeO
Do any of you ever annoy yourself and get frustrated with things about yourself?

all the time

MountainDewNut
5th Oct 2002, 04:22
I can't think of much that I hate about myself. All except that I can't make friends to easily. It's not that they wouldn't like me, it's just that I don't think they will.

LeeO
5th Oct 2002, 14:43
Originally posted by MountainDewNut
I can't think of much that I hate about myself. All except that I can't make friends to easily. It's not that they wouldn't like me, it's just that I don't think they will.

I don't have too many friends... thats coz I KNOW the peeps that I'd like to hang out with wouldn't like me.

cowboy from hell
5th Oct 2002, 15:54
I used to feel this way all the time and I used to get depressed easily as well. I believe this will change for most of you as you get older. I started to get out of these moods when I reached my mid-twenties. I think the main reason is because most ppl are a little self-conscious when they get older. You guys keep your heads up and be proud of who you are and you will be just fine. It may take a while but show the world that it will never beat you down.

I am willing to bet that if we all had the time to meet that I would like you guys just fine and I think other ppl would feel just the same way as I do.:)

Don't be down, find some way to express yourselves in a positive manner. I only know many of you from your posts but I do know you are some very talented and passionate folks.

I have to trust your intellect, you play Tomb Raider! "Nuff said?

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 16:50
Yeesh, I wish I hadn't mentioned the depression now, I'd forgotten how many younger peeps are here.
Doh!

DaveJ
5th Oct 2002, 17:25
People are never happy with themselves (except the truly vain, and they are secretly in denial).

Its what keeps us striving each day to better ourselves and the conditions around us.

But whatever we have, we will be unhappy with.
Blondes want to be brunette, brunettes want to be blonde....people with straight hair want curly wavy hair, and vise versa.

I think the best thing I can suggest is to turn 30 years of age.

I calmed waaaaaaaaaaaaay down as soon as I did that.... and became the loving, cheery but chilled individual you "see" before you today.

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 17:32
It was the turning-30 'Logans' Run' crisis that did it wasn't it ;)

Goose Master
5th Oct 2002, 18:32
The thing that anoy's me most about me is when i see somthing wrong with me and i cant stop being aware of it when im in public. and when i try to correct it, it just seems to get worse. And when i look at people i always feal that im missing out because they have somthing that i dont have.

MountainDewNut
5th Oct 2002, 18:43
I KNOW the peeps that I'd like to hang out with wouldn't like me.

Sometimes you have to lower your expectations for friends. Then, possibly, you could work your way up to the ones that you want to know.

BTW I figured how I annoy myself. I always assume things without hearing the full story.

Kurtis Trent
5th Oct 2002, 22:43

But we all like you.:D :D

Otherwise, about my self, well does getting embarassed really easy count? :D

Aquarius
6th Oct 2002, 02:44
It's more annoyed at myself for doing dumb things.......like running into a door, or a wall, or tripping on absolutely nothing........ Don't ask how I managed, I just do! lol

Or making really dumb mistakes on a test, or at an audition (don't even get me started about my audition yesterday, I'm ready to scream!!!) I think that's more though because I tend to be a perfectionist at times, so if it's not perfect, then it's crap to me.

the last frustration
6th Oct 2002, 02:54
*looks in mirror*

Damn, I'm hot.

Sorry, what was the question? :p

THE True Lara
6th Oct 2002, 08:31
Do you also happen to go by the name of The High Comander or Professor D. Solomon, perchance?

LeeO
6th Oct 2002, 13:33
Originally posted by the last frustration
*looks in mirror*

Damn, I'm hot.

Sorry, what was the question? :p

LOL We aren't allowed mirrors in my house... I smashed em all ;) j/k

thanhkim
7th Oct 2002, 15:24
Everyday ! I'd rather be perfect like Lara Croft than me anyday.

Prelude
7th Oct 2002, 17:00
Man, this is a depressing thread. I think cowboy from hell and DaveJ said it perfectly. When you get older you realise the person you are gonna spend the most time with....... in fact all your time with is you, so it's probably best if you try and get on with yourself.

THE True Lara
7th Oct 2002, 22:39
To quote Judy Garland:

"Always be a first rate version of yourself, and not a second rate version of someone else".

try and remember you're all individuals,
...just like everyone else ;)

Godfather
11th Oct 2002, 15:25
Originally posted by thanhkim
Everyday ! I'd rather be perfect like Lara Croft than me anyday.

I agree to that. :D

j/k

thanhkim
12th Oct 2002, 17:46
Originally posted by Godfather

I agree to that. :D

j/k I'd sell my soul to the devil. Please make me be Lara please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has everything!!!!!!!!!

LeeO
12th Oct 2002, 18:18
She's also not real... :rolleyes:

Godfather
14th Oct 2002, 07:51
She's also not real... :rolleyes:

Sssshhhtt! Are you crazy! Are you totally balluba-bobble-oemb├ębiba-outta ya mind??!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can't say that out loud! You're hurtin' people, man!! :D

I mean: I'm one of those who's really convinced that she's alive!! I actually married her ... virtually speaking! :D

Too bad I'm not the only guy who's so dedicated ... Lara Croft is really doing it with everybody ... virtually speaking! :D

LeeO
14th Oct 2002, 17:45
Erm... OK... (Lee sidesteps away slowly... then extremely quickly)

Godfather
17th Oct 2002, 12:27
:D

*Godfather sees that LeeO has ran away and starts to chase him yelling*

"But there is soo much more I need to tell you!! Come back!! LeeeeeeeOOOOOO!!" :p

LeeO
17th Oct 2002, 18:29
*LeeO barracades himself in his bedroom and plays Don't Let Me Get Me really loud*

Jade
19th Oct 2002, 21:48

BTW I figured how I annoy myself. I always assume things without hearing the full story. you'll annoy others too, trust me, my mom does exactly the same!!!

Wee Bald Man
27th Oct 2002, 19:20
Originally posted by Lil Lara
Boys are stupid...and yet I still want them to like me. :(

Remarkable - in no less than 12 words you have managed to sum up the dreadful dilemma of most women on this planet. :D

THE True Lara
27th Oct 2002, 20:03
Wee Bald man, is that thin ice I see you're walking on...?