PDA

View Full Version : A small inquiry about Kain

Morte
4th Oct 2002, 16:32
Greetings all, this is my first post on these forums and I have a little question.

I was wondering of Kain's life when he was still alive, the period of time before and at the beginning of BO1. What I do know is that he was a noble, travelling the land in search of adventures(or so it seems).
The rest of his pre-death life is rather vague, that is to say we know nothing of it. I have some theories of course, why he was away from home, what was his relationship with his family, etc.
But what I would like to know is, if anyone here knows anything more of his life, in case I am missing something from the game, and am also interested in hearing your theories on this matter.
The reason I am asking this is because I intend to write a fanfiction story about him as a human, to explore the life and personality of the man, before he became the legend.
I thought it would be interesting to know a little more of Kain's background.

I do not know if this has been debated before, perhaps it was, but like I said, I am new to these boards so I wouldn't know.

Sarah
4th Oct 2002, 17:06
He was 30 when he died(SR2-Kain-at-the-pillars, 1st time), he lived in Nosgoth at the "feudal" period in it's history(BO2 conversation, about a time in Nosgoth's past when it was controlled by the influential families in different towns).
That he was travelling, and had apparently done a LOT of travels(he had heard about Janos on his travels-from BO1), but had not gone to college("while I would not weep for lost poems..." BO1), yet he had a full purse when he died, and was of noble blood, though he did not control the court at home. Many interesting things are implied about Kain's life, but they have never been explicitly revealed.
Edit: This was talked about on the old board, but I don't think it's been mentioned here.