PDA

View Full Version : Question about the size and importance of Nosgoth

FierceClaw
4th Oct 2002, 08:40
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I was just wondering how big Nosgoth is: Is it a county, a state, a country, a region, a continent, a planet, or the name of the entire dimension in which the LoK stories take place?

If it's not a whole planet or dimension, do the events that have happened there have any effect on other areas? Is it the only place with any significant number of vampires? Do other areas have large numbers of other supernatural beings (such as werewolves)? Do people in other areas even know about the pillars, the guardians, the ancients, the Hylden, Kain, etc.?

If it is a planet, dimension, or other large area, I wonder if the games will ever show other areas of it with different cultures...

Now that I think about it, there probably are other areas of the LoK game world since the characters don't all have the same accent...

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts/answers on this subject?

Umah Bloodomen
4th Oct 2002, 09:02
I figured it to be a continent myself. Only because there seems to be islands around it. Remember the Hylden city was off the mainland, and the Hylden were witnessed shuttling over on boats and whatnot during BO2.

Power reaver
4th Oct 2002, 13:28
Well , I think Nosgoth is a planet , while the area we have been playing in is a universal continent (kind of like how the earths continents were 1 major land mass a long time ago) . Imagine Nosgoth as a sphere like earth . Now the place where we have been playing in is the giant landmass which occupies almost 1 hemisphere (I would say east or west) and the other hemisphere on the opposite side would be a ocean with a few islands here and there .

EDIT - Gave a better esplanation on what I meant . :rolleyes:

Anubis_Orr
4th Oct 2002, 15:27
I'm inclined to agree that it's a continent, although to it's inhabitants it may be the world. They have much in common with medieval superstitions (that if you sailed to far you'd fall off the edge of the planet) and with there actually being such demons and vampires in Nosgoth so it seems their fears are well-based :D

Also the fact that the Hylden were shuttling to an island doesn't really mean much. For instance on the BO1 map (that comes with game) there is an island in the middle of the Lake of the Dead. Also on the same map it depicts Nosgoth as been surrounded on all sides by mountains with little river access, so if it is a world then Nosgoth itself is isolated by its geography