PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood Demo out tommorrow?

Longshot
2nd Oct 2002, 19:22
Hey, guy I emailed wanadoo the other day asking about the demo for Robin Hood and I the following reply today:

Hi,

It will be on the oficial website on october, 3rd.

Cheers,

Tiphaine Locqueneux
Communication Manager
Wanadoo Edition

Maybe that's why I can't access the official site right now.

1shot1kill
2nd Oct 2002, 21:03
Site down today because they are going to host a demo tomorrow?

Longshot
2nd Oct 2002, 21:47
I never said it was down, I said I couldn't access the site.

Currently to access the site you need a User Name and Password.

ragsy
3rd Oct 2002, 01:01
whats the link again?

Longshot
3rd Oct 2002, 02:38
The link to the official site is http://www.robinhood-game.com/

Thorup
3rd Oct 2002, 06:48
So is the demo out now??

ragsy
3rd Oct 2002, 07:16
Doesn't really matter if it is, cuz we aint got da password

Longshot
3rd Oct 2002, 07:19
Hopefully it will be available sometime today.

ragsy
4th Oct 2002, 01:24
the ftp site is open

but its not there yet

Thorup
4th Oct 2002, 07:55
damn, hey longshot when is it out?

Xcom
4th Oct 2002, 18:13
Originally posted by Longshot
Hey, guy I emailed wanadoo

Maybe I am missing something but WTF has Wanadoo to do with Robin Hood?

Longshot
4th Oct 2002, 19:32
Originally posted by Xcom

Maybe I am missing something but WTF has Wanadoo to do with Robin Hood?

Wanadoo and Strategy First are distributing the game.

I've emailed Tiphaine Locqueneux earlier today again to see what happened. But my guess is the next time the official site can be accessed by the fans the demo will be on there.

Xcom
4th Oct 2002, 23:48
I see. Heh, I thought that wonadoo was an ISP.. LOL

1shot1kill
5th Oct 2002, 00:54
they are here in Holland...

Mike_B
7th Oct 2002, 19:13
You can download it here (http://www.robinhood-game.com/web/en/robinhood.php?m0=_download&menu=2&id=1). The demo is 80 MB.

Longshot
7th Oct 2002, 20:49
Good call. I just got home from work and got around to checking my emails and found this in here.

HI,

We did have a technical problem on thursday and we couln't upload the demo.
However, it will online be today at 4 pm french time.

Best regards,
Tiphaine Locqueneux
Communication Manager
Wanadoo Edition

Anyways I'm downloading it now and I'll probably write something breif about it on my site as soon as I complete the mission. :)

ragsy
8th Oct 2002, 00:14
arrrrgh!

my download just dropped out and I don't have a download manager...... 66.5Mb aaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

only getting sustained 28.5 KB/sec

Pity its not on a better server!

Damn I hate waiting!!!!!!!

Xcom
8th Oct 2002, 02:05
What can I say? Not bad but it's totally Desperados in a new jacket.
It has the same enigine, same graphics, characters have the same abilities, even some cursors are the same.
Demo mission is okay and reminded me of Colditz.

Mack the Knife
8th Oct 2002, 02:20
Desperados in a new jacket
correction, in tights...

Longshot
8th Oct 2002, 04:21
What can I say? Not bad but it's totally Desperados in a new jacket.
It has the same enigine, same graphics, characters have the same abilities, even some cursors are the same.
Demo mission is okay and reminded me of Colditz.

First thing I'll say is that I'm only half way through the mission...I basically just got inside the castle and killed everyone around the main gate area.

So far the gameplay is a little different than desperados. It mostly close combat, with the exception of a few arrows.

It looks like deserados however...well at least the map in general.

Anyone figure out how to get rid of the map once you bring it up?

Oh well I guess I should finish the mission before I say anything else. ;)

ragsy
8th Oct 2002, 07:05
I haven't actually played desparodoes so it won't look anything like that to me :D :D :D

Longshot
8th Oct 2002, 07:21
Originally posted by ragsy
arrrrgh!

my download just dropped out and I don't have a download manager...... 66.5Mb aaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

only getting sustained 28.5 KB/sec

Pity its not on a better server!

Damn I hate waiting!!!!!!!

You should try a download manager. I use GetRight and it allows you to resume download if you decide to pause it or if you lose connection to the net or something like that...it can be a great time saver. ;)

Xcom
8th Oct 2002, 09:22
Anyone figure out how to get rid of the map once you bring it up?

Right click on it or somewhere else. Worked for me.

Other negative observations:

Appparently, killing is not desirable. RH has a reputation to keep and killing people (even bad guys) doesn't do it good. I read that in one of the info scrolls but I dunno if it really has any effect on the gameplay.

I was chased by a whole horde (at least 12) of bad guys and got cornered. Surprisingly, they got all mixed up in a small tower and wacked each other while trying to hit me..:eek: (not kidding). Bad bug.

My pc meets exactly the recommended system requirements and yet, the performance is choppy, especially when the view cone is enabled.

Charachter's AI could have been more sofisticated if you ask me. They watch me (Robin) fighting several bad guys and not even trying to help (until I specifically click on them and attack).

All in all, like I said, it's very much Desperados look-alike. Not a bad thing but, personally, I like to see some ..eeh..evolution in games, not only different environment of the same game. I guess I'll think twice b4 buying this one.

1shot1kill
8th Oct 2002, 11:21

You should try a download manager. I use GetRight and it allows you to resume download if you decide to pause it or if you lose connection to the net or something like that...it can be a great time saver. ;)

I suggest download accelerator plus, it searches for as many possible locations to download the file from and might give you a higher download speed than normal. www.downloadaccelerator.com

Longshot
8th Oct 2002, 17:39

Right click on it or somewhere else. Worked for me..

Yeah I figured that out the last time I played it. :)

Appparently, killing is not desirable. RH has a reputation to keep and killing people (even bad guys) doesn't do it good. I read that in one of the info scrolls but I dunno if it really has any effect on the gameplay.

Keeping people alive (even enemies) apparently gets you more merry men to help you out during the next mission.

I'm on my 2nd time through the demo and this time I devoted to useing 100% stealth (well almost ;) ) I gave some of the loot to that begger and got RH into the castle without any hand to hand combat and only killing 3 people (the 3 guys around the begger). So, so far it seems like it can be done.[/B][/QUOTE]

I was chased by a whole horde (at least 12) of bad guys and got cornered. Surprisingly, they got all mixed up in a small tower and wacked each other while trying to hit me..:eek: (not kidding). Bad bug.

Haven't noticed that...:confused:

My pc meets exactly the recommended system requirements and yet, the performance is choppy, especially when the view cone is enabled.

Does you pc meet the min. requirement or the reccommended? I've had no problems with the demo but my pc is a lot faster than a P3 500 mhz.

Charachter's AI could have been more sofisticated if you ask me. They watch me (Robin) fighting several bad guys and not even trying to help (until I specifically click on them and attack).

I did notice this too. Sometimes you got 3 or 4 enemies fighting against 1 of your characters and all the rest of them are just standing around. :( ...Guess you have to make them fight.

EDIT: My 1st time through I thought it was a bit boring having to watch those long fights, and if you do the entire missio this way it can be. But this time (like I said b4 I'm trying to use 100% stealth) and I'm having a blast doing so. :)

Xcom
8th Oct 2002, 23:51
Does you pc meet the min. requirement or the reccommended?

Recommended (like I said). Well, almost. P3 450 mhz but it should be okay since it's asking for p233 as minimum. It's not that it runs very slow but I do see noticable slowdown when I activate view cone. (and I am playing in 640x480 res.)

Longshot
9th Oct 2002, 00:58
I find that usually the min. and recommended requirements are usually way off. Usually if you want decent gameplay you need the recommended rwquirements and still have to turn the graphics down. :(

You could always turn down the graphics in the game if you have't done so already. Hit Esc, go to options and then graphics.

ragsy
9th Oct 2002, 04:47

:)
I used to use Get Right but more often GoZilla but I got sick of these programs loading spyware. :mad:

It is rare that I have dropouts anyway, I'm on a 10Mb :eek: connection so most things come down very quickly, so download mangers aren't that neccessary most of the time. I suspect the RobinHood servers were under a fair load the other day (which explains my rant above):mad:

The crazy thing is that now that I've got it, I haven't even installed it!!! :rolleyes:

ragsy
9th Oct 2002, 05:07
since typing that message i tried to install it and found that it was corupted :mad:

So i went to download it and noticed it was on some good mirrors close to me so I just downloaded it again, and this time it took the sum total of 3.47 minutes and i got the full 80 odd Mb

much better :D

1shot1kill
9th Oct 2002, 07:20
Jeez, isn't it time that you upgrade your comp xcom? ;)

Xcom
9th Oct 2002, 13:39
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Jeez, isn't it time that you upgrade your comp xcom? ;)

Maybe. However, I am not totally comfortable with the thought that I'll be upgrading only to play games. Because I use my PC for work too and for that it is quite alright.

ragsy
9th Oct 2002, 23:17

Maybe. However, I am not totally comfortable with the thought that I'll be upgrading only to play games. Because I use my PC for work too and for that it is quite alright.

I know what you mean, although some here feel that a fast computer is replacement for another part of their inadequate anatomy :D

I still use a celery 566 on my games machine

1shot1kill
10th Oct 2002, 00:38
You guys don't know what you're mising. :D

iakovos
10th Oct 2002, 22:01
Can anyone tell me anything about the other game developed by the same company? The vampire game... like an official site or something.

Thanks,
Iakovos :)

Longshot
11th Oct 2002, 01:09
Vampire Hunter is still in development, so not too much is known about it yet. There's no official site and only a cople screenshots have been posted.

All I know right now about the game is it's due out next year.

Xcom
11th Oct 2002, 09:19
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
You guys don't know what you're mising. :D

You made me feel bad... :mad:
I'll be upgrading (hopefully this or next week) to:

pIV 2.4 Ghz (screw athlons)
GF4 Ti4200 128 Mb
512 Mb DDR Ram
SB Audigy Platinum
80 Gb Maxtor
DVD-Drive (my old one is kaput)
WinXP Home Oem
+ assembly and other stuff (mobo,cables, case, floppy drive)
______

+-1300 $/euros

Hate you, 1shot :D

1shot1kill
12th Oct 2002, 05:30
lol sorry

(but you will love me as soon as you got it. :p)

Mike_B
12th Oct 2002, 08:22

pIV 2.4 Ghz (screw athlons)
GF4 Ti4200 128 Mb
512 Mb DDR Ram
SB Audigy Platinum
80 Gb Maxtor
DVD-Drive (my old one is kaput)
WinXP Home Oem
+ assembly and other stuff (mobo,cables, case, floppy drive)
______

+-1300 $/euros

Nice machine :), now be a good boy and give me that GF4 :D ;)

[spelling edit]

Xcom
12th Oct 2002, 11:21
Originally posted by @m
now be a good buy and give me that GF4 :D ;)

I can give you VooDoo2 add-on card if ya want. :p

Mike_B
12th Oct 2002, 11:46

I can give you VooDoo2 add-on card if ya want. :p

Err, no I think I'll stick with my GF2 'till the nv30 comes out.

1shot1kill
12th Oct 2002, 13:04
I also got a voodoo 2 and a gf2 for sale, anyone interested? :p