PDA

View Full Version : Screens up high! "The Insurrection"

SlyFoxx
2nd Oct 2002, 15:00
I've taken quite a few screens from The Insurrection. I've put a few from (I think ) beta #2. It's me at the top of the roof. Took a minute to balance up there but the view was worth it.:) Not sure if you can get up there w/ the final release. There's also a shot from inside with me up to naughty behavior. :D

Enjoy! Look on pages 4 and 5

www.angelfire.com/falcon/slyfoxx

SlyFoxx

Huntress
3rd Oct 2002, 01:07
LOL Sly...even though I had read on the other forum you said you had done this, when I saw it just now, I still had to burst out laughing...that was pretty funny alright! Ta and Good Hunting!

Peter_Smith
4th Oct 2002, 03:49
Nice pictures, SlyFoxx. Thanks.:)

Unfortunately your angelfire web host started throwing all kinds of persistent spam at me about my computer broadcasting an IP address, how I was vulnerable to attack, and how I need some software to protect me. Took a long time to close it down. The funny thing is, my computer does not broadcast an IP addddress. I am protected by an address-translating router from incoming probes and by a firewall from unwanted outgoing trasmissions (trojans, spyware). So the ads are fake.:)

SlyFoxx
4th Oct 2002, 04:12
:o Peter: If it makes you feel any better I got the same deal too. :D

theBlackman
4th Oct 2002, 06:16
Originally posted by Peter Smith ...spam at me about my computer broadcasting an IP address,...

The funny thing is, my computer does not broadcast an IP address. I am protected by an address-translating router...

which actually does broadcast a addy even if it's fake

... from incoming probes and by a firewall from unwanted outgoing trasmissions (trojans, spyware). So the ads are fake.:)

All web devices such as your computer or the server or the translator Broadcast an addy otherwise no device could talk to any other device, including your LAN or Web server.

But, of course you knew that.

The ironic thing is that these ads have the "Backbutton" disabled and become spam themselves. As you said "... Took a long time to turn it off..."

Peter_Smith
4th Oct 2002, 13:51
Addy?:) Yes, I did, but in this case the addy is the router's addy and is impenetrable, I think. My computer itself was not broadcasting the addy, and that is what the message said.:)

theBlackman
4th Oct 2002, 16:02
OK Peter,

Ya got me. *address-address-address*. Satisfied? :D :D