PDA

View Full Version : Need Help..NEED A NEW MAP!!!

Lord_Knyghthawk
1st Oct 2002, 06:54
Greetings All!
I was wondering if I can get anyone to make and send me a color photocopy of the map that comes in the BO1 game. My youngest got hold of it and chewed some holes in it.:mad: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me via my email address. Fae Victus!!!!
Lord_Knyghthawk

Anubis_Orr
1st Oct 2002, 07:00
This the one you mean?

http://nosgoth.net/Blood_Omen/showmap.htm

And btw, it's "Vae Victus" :p

Umah Bloodomen
1st Oct 2002, 07:10
No, I think Lord_Knyghthawk means this map that actually came with the PC version.

http://www.legacyofkain.de/bo1/karte.htm

Blinc showed the forum this awhile back. I happened to find it on Sekhemt's site.

Anubis_Orr
1st Oct 2002, 07:59
Wow, that one's much better :D

Too bad you can't get a blown picture of it... that only gives you pieces would be great if somebody pieced it together with paintshop or something.

[Edit]Man, that's awesome, some very good illustrations of events and characters on that.... that's a nice knife Ariel has in here back :D

Anubis_Orr
1st Oct 2002, 08:42
Well I was bored so I decided to piece it together myself :D

LoK Map (http://anubisorr.members.easyspace.com/LoK Map.jpg)

Note: I've read the Forums' Rules and I don't believe this falls under copyright restriction, however if it does I will instantly remove the offending material.

Umah Bloodomen
1st Oct 2002, 09:21
It doesn't "technically" but I would give credits to the person whose site it appeared on and perhaps see if it's alright to share. Just out of common courtesy anyway.

Good job on piecing it together, Anubis. (As a graphic designer/editor myself, I can still see your seams. :p ;) ).

Anubis_Orr
1st Oct 2002, 10:01
Nitpicker :p I doubt it's the seams of my piecing together that you see, whoever owns the map folded it :eek: !

I would give credit to the person for posting it but unfortunately I don't read german :(

[Edit] Gotta love the internet, I've used a translator to translate the page for me and have sent an e-mail to it's owner, so until I've received a response I will be removing the image, sry Lord Knyghthawk

Umah Bloodomen
1st Oct 2002, 15:39
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Blinc showed the forum this awhile back. I happened to find it on Sekhemt's site.

I can understand a little German here and there...but I already mentioned whose site it came from. :p

Anubis_Orr
1st Oct 2002, 15:58
Yep, I've contacted Sekhmet and he has kindly said that I could use the picture freely :D

So now it is back up at the link I've already posted above.

[Edit]BTW just for reference I have translated the scroll on the top right side of the map, it says "All secrets are shown"

Umah Bloodomen
1st Oct 2002, 19:11
That's cool. Sekhemt seems like a very cool and friendly individual. Although he/she doesn't post here very often and should. ;)

I find Sekhmet's site very informative and filled with a lot of great content. It's nice to see LOK reaching a lot of foreign audiences. Besides, I am a bit partial to German-related things. :p

Just for reference, two of my favorite bands are Rammstein and KMFDM

Reaper007
1st Oct 2002, 19:49
wow never seen that till today

just wondering could any1 that has the real poster turn it into 8x11 inch segments and post them? or is any1 is will ing to part with theres, i would buy it from u(only if its in good/mint condition).

Reaper007

Umah Bloodomen
1st Oct 2002, 20:08
We are aware making a profit off of a copyrighted work is illegal, right? :rolleyes:

There would have to be permission received directly from Eidos/CD/Silicon Knights for such a thing. And something tells me that is unlikely to happen.

Anubis_Orr
1st Oct 2002, 20:34
Well originally the map was in several pieces so all you'd have to do is open one and print it as best fit to page and do the same with others.

Lord_Knyghthawk
2nd Oct 2002, 02:23
I'd like to thank everyone for helping me find this!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Lord_Knyghthawk:D

Reaper007
2nd Oct 2002, 03:00
profit from copyright? its called resale, its how business works:rolleyes:. u could sell it to me over ebay, i bought games off there, plus u can buy sr2 and bo2 off ebay as well, i doubt CD has any probs with that.:cool:

Reaper007

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Oct 2002, 08:23
I meant deliberately reproducing a copyrighted work for the intent of resale. :rolleyes:

And business works by distributors paying the copyright owner for licensing of the copyrighted work in order to resell it. (Hence how major companies make a lot of their money).

Selling a burned copy of SR or BO is highly illegal and I would think that CD would indeed have a problem with it. I can resell you my copy of BO or SR, but I cannot burn you a copy off of my originals.

Very much like burning a copy of the SR1/2 promotional soundtrack. I would be infringing upon that copyright if I were to sell numerous copies of the thing for my own personal gain.

I didn't pay for the licensing do do such, therefore I can't do it. The same would apply to the map. It is a printed (and copyrighted) work and covered by the same laws.

If we could just reproduce anything and sell it off to all of our "friends" then companies would be a little ticked off and would perhaps eventually succumb to financial ruin.

Reaper007
2nd Oct 2002, 17:48
"I meant deliberately reproducing a copyrighted work for the intent of resale."

NEVER did i say anything about that! i bought all my games, got bo1 from a firend, only got a cd, thats y i never seen the map before, doesnt surprise me y he didnt sell it to me, its a really cool looking map. and on ebay they dont sell "burned cds". if u read the aggrement on ebay when u sell something(i did cause i have sold stuff on ebay) u cant sell reproductions of games, ie burned cds, so the the games r real not copies.

i still would buy a map from some1 willing to sell(condition must be good/mint, must see screenshots).

and plz can we drop this argument, im not in the mood for a debate.

Reaper007

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Oct 2002, 04:32
Not in the mood for a debate yet you strike up discussion in a public forum. Sure, makes sense. :rolleyes:

DrunKiam
9th Oct 2002, 05:34
Umah, you're missing the point. He never said anything about buying a reproduction of the map. He wants to buy the ORIGINAL. Obviously copyright protection is some kind of pet project of yours, but you should wait until someone actually asks to buy a bootleg copy to start spewing your retoric.

No wonder Kain killed ya. He didn't need no woman nagging him while he was building an empire. ;)

Anubis_Orr
9th Oct 2002, 07:34
DrunKiam don't use big words if you can't spell 'em..... "rhetoric" :p

And no he never said that he wanted to buy a reproduction of the map but he did say

profit from copyright? its called resale, its how business works. u could sell it to me over ebay, i bought games off there, plus u can buy sr2 and bo2 off ebay as well, i doubt CD has any probs with that.

And since this topic IS about a reproduction of the original map that came with BO then it would infringe on copyright laws.

Lord_Knyghthawk
11th Oct 2002, 05:13
Good Evening all!
I'd like to take a second to thank all of you for responding to my post and also sorry about not clarifying on getting a reproduction(if legal) of the map.(And Chris@crystal if you're paying attention,I've already sent a request in to buy a new one:D )

Now,on to my new problem in the game. I need to find the mace. Does anyone know where i can find it? Without it I haven't been able to gain access to Coorhagen.

Thank You in advance!
Lord_Knyghthawk

Anubis_Orr
11th Oct 2002, 05:22
There are links to thorough walkthroughs in the Sticky topic above

[Edit] Oops I lied....:p anyway the Spiked Mace is located in Nuprator's retreat

Lord_Knyghthawk
12th Oct 2002, 21:47
Ok...Thanks! Now I've tried going in through the entrances by the waterfall with no finding the mace. Is there an entrance on top of the retreat?

Lord_Knyghthawk

Ardeth Silvereni
12th Oct 2002, 23:40
Entrances by the waterfall?

If I'm thinking correctly, there are two caves to the west of Vasserb√ľnde. One contains a save point with a mural of Nupraptor's Head on the ground. You need to follow this network of caves into Nupraptor's Retreat.

You will finally face Nupraptor in battle. You can collect the mace straight after you kill him.