PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Aromas

Aquarius
30th Sep 2002, 22:55
I'm just curious again, about people here. lol So, what are your favorite aromas? Was going to go with smells, but aroma sounds much more pleasant. :)

My mom just bought this new candle, and the smell is driving me crazy! It smells so good! So it's my new favorite aroma. If you don't have one, go out and buy a Sandalwood candle. It's heavan! :)

So my favorite aromas ;) are:
Sandalwood
Vanilla
Christmas Dinner being made (has the best smell at my house! now that's something that should be made into a candle!)
Pine/Spruce smells so good
Fresh Cedar!!! So good!! :)

And we have this other candle, that smells fantastic! It's like a combination of apples, cinnamon, and honey. I could eat the candle it smells so good! :D

I seriously could spend an entire day in a candle shop, just going around and smelling every single candle. And probably just buying them too. :)

Anyone else like the aroma (LMAO!) of a candle so much, they could just eat it? :p ;)

Prelude
30th Sep 2002, 23:10
Strawberries and men’s aftershave, they both have the same effect on me!!!!! ;)

Aquarius
30th Sep 2002, 23:28
Originally posted by Prelude
Strawberries and men’s aftershave, they both have the same effect on me!!!!! ;)

Well then, I think you'd absolutely love my aftershave by Armani. :p Remind me to keep it away from you. ;) :p

Tombraidachick
1st Oct 2002, 01:22
i like vanilla

Dad
1st Oct 2002, 02:28
Steak and onions!

John Carter
1st Oct 2002, 03:50
Burnt cordite.

(not really ;))

BeKs
1st Oct 2002, 07:00
The intoxicating smell of a bike engine ... petrol ... oil ... YUMMY Also the smell of leather, horses, soap, fresh washed hair, babies. All smell nice to me :)

( not that i would consider slapping on a bit of Eau du Horse though)

:p

DaveJ
1st Oct 2002, 07:59
Napalm in the morning....

(I said it first in 1972 in 'Nam....Tottenham...)

THE True Lara
1st Oct 2002, 08:18
the smell of hot apples and cinamon,

that and the smell of a civil war re-enactment. Seriously! When you walk into a field and you get that scent of fired gunpowder hit you it's just fantastic, I really feel like I'm back there, well, I would if it weren't for the squashed Cornetto under my right foot, and that guardsman on his mobile phone.....

Godfather
1st Oct 2002, 08:31
I love the smell of my dearest Lara Croft each time I play Tomb Raider! :D (here i go again!) :rolleyes:

THE True Lara
1st Oct 2002, 08:56
you smell Lara? eh? I don;t want to know how that works..... :eek:

Godfather
1st Oct 2002, 09:14
Originally posted by THE True Lara
you smell Lara? eh? I don;t want to know how that works..... :eek:

It's just another way of expressing my forever- LOVE (read: obsession) to Lara Croft! I guess I'm too much of a devoted fan, aren't I? Or am I going crazy ... CRRRRAAAAZZZZZYYYYY!!! AAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAHAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, i just lost it!) :)

THE True Lara
1st Oct 2002, 12:43
I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it.....

infinite_sadness
2nd Oct 2002, 15:35
coffee beans!! yum yum

Aquarius
2nd Oct 2002, 19:22
Originally posted by infinite_sadness
coffee beans!! yum yum

That reminds me!!

Cappuccino!!! Any kind! And mint frappes!! The best smells in the world! I could never leave a coffee if I worked there. lol I almost got a job at one about a month ago. I would have lived there because it smelled so good!!! :)

Kat
2nd Oct 2002, 19:32
Yes! coffee beans definately, or just the smell of coffee brewing in general.

Plus, the smell of my husband cooking garlic and chicken! umm ummm ummm :D

I also like anything fruity, nothing flowery

and my ulitmate aroma, which I actually use to make potpourri wax with is Ralph Lauren's perfume "Ralph". I get the sample vials, dump it in the wax, melt it together then crack it into pieces and burn it in a burner. smells heavenly!

Solaris
2nd Oct 2002, 19:44
Aromas, my mom's cooking, cocunot perfume, the Herbal essences body wash, my cat (:p ), candles that smell like apple, vanilla, roses

:D :D

TombRaiderChik
3rd Oct 2002, 01:49
my fav. aromas are:
vanilla, vanilla, vanilla and vanilla!! :p

and candies for men...mmm mmmmmm :D

Polar_Andromeda
3rd Oct 2002, 03:15
Lavender!

TJ7220
4th Oct 2002, 18:00
Call me romantic but the aroma of the first rain, the aroma of the autumn months and a candle lit dinner.

Prelude
7th Oct 2002, 17:30
Originally posted by TJ7220
Call me romantic but the aroma of the first rain, the aroma of the autumn months and a candle lit dinner.

Well romantic, I think that's sweet, what kind of aftershave do you wear??!!! ;)

Deekman
7th Oct 2002, 19:30
Food aromas:
Pumpkin pie
BBQ
lime

Non food aromas:
Dragon's Blood (look it up)
The paddock on any given race weekend.
Campfires and fireplaces

Cyber_Punk_303
10th Oct 2002, 23:28
I like the smell of Lara's butt...

THE True Lara
11th Oct 2002, 09:24
Oh dear!

Sneily
11th Oct 2002, 14:18
The best would be the smell of my boyfriend after shower :p :D

Godfather
11th Oct 2002, 15:30
Originally posted by Sneily
The best would be the smell of my boyfriend after shower :p :D

And before? :D

Sneily
11th Oct 2002, 15:32
Originally posted by Godfather

And before? :D

I'm not telling you! You should guess :D :P

Godfather
11th Oct 2002, 15:35

I'm not telling you! You should guess :D :P

Nah! If I miss my guess, you'll be comin' after me and I don't feel like running! :D

Sneily
11th Oct 2002, 15:38

Nah! If I miss my guess, you'll be comin' after me and I don't feel like running! :D

Well, that's bad cuz I would've liked running!

Godfather
11th Oct 2002, 15:52

Well, that's bad cuz I would've liked running!

Ok, especially for you then! :D

"The worst of all would be the smell of my boyfriend before shower." *runs away in full panic with his arms waving like a real madman* :D;) :p

Sneily
11th Oct 2002, 15:57

Ok, especially for you then! :D

"The worst of all would be the smell of my boyfriend before shower." *runs away in full panic with his arms waving like a real madman* :D;) :p

Actually, even that smell isn't that bad... :p My little sister's the worst! You want her? *runs after Godfather tryin' not to laugh*

Godfather
11th Oct 2002, 16:27

Actually, even that smell isn't that bad... :p My little sister's the worst!

Maybe she thinks the same about you. *Godfather runs even harder now after the second insult!* :D

Sneily
11th Oct 2002, 16:39

Maybe she thinks the same about you. *Godfather runs even harder now after the second insult!* :D

I know she does! She told me so! But she's a big fat liar. *takes a horse and rides after Godfather* My legs started to hurt :p

Godfather
11th Oct 2002, 19:08

She's a big fat liar. *takes a horse and rides after Godfather* My legs started to hurt :p

Is that what she said about you? *being it already the third insult, Godfather decides to shoot the horse and ride on an ostrich which was parked away on a tree* :D

Sneily
12th Oct 2002, 14:54

Is that what she said about you? *being it already the third insult, Godfather decides to shoot the horse and ride on an ostrich which was parked away on a tree* :D

No, it was actually about you. *takes a combat aircraft and goes after Godfather*

thanhkim
12th Oct 2002, 17:24
Dude if you like smells go into a place that makes natural soaps just wonderful you spend all day there too. Favourite smells is honey, strawberry and lavendar to say just a few

Godfather
12th Oct 2002, 17:51
Who says she smells at all? She's the perfect woman! :D

KoolKat_EF
12th Oct 2002, 18:04
My favourite aromas are:

Foods
Apple juice
Strawberries
Coca Cola
Cooking mince
Tuna
Bacon
Vegetable broth
Curry

Non-Foods
Pine
Autumn
Winter
White Spirit (a form of turps)
Nail Varnish
Soaps from the Body Shop
Hair Dye
New clothes
Books
Offices
Computers
My Mum and Dad
My cat's fur
Men's Aftershave
Men in general (clean ones)
Any Deoderant
Dettol
Showergel
Pantene Shampoo
Candles
Matches
Chemistry lab
Coal Fires
Richard (boy in my class I'm crazy over)
New Magazines
Vegetable section of supermarkets
Fresh Laundry
Money
Fabric conditioner
Cities
Horses
Pet shops
Hamsters......

I could go on forever, but I'll stop now. :p:D

thanhkim
14th Oct 2002, 10:04
I love the smell of my dearest Lara Croft each time I play Tomb Raider! :D (here i go again!) :rolleyes: What a smell dead bugs, mud dry and wet, sweat, dirty hair, body odour, foot odour, smell of grass stains dirty water fresh water and last but not least smelly clothes = beautiful mate!

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 10:51
you know she probably wouldn't smell like that at the beginning of the game... ;)
or in the shower scene, -which I know Godfather pays particular attention to.......
...and you know, most mud doesn't really smell....

Godfather
14th Oct 2002, 14:06
So what if she smells? I like things kept naturally. That way I also don't have to mind about my own smell. :D

THE True Lara
14th Oct 2002, 14:18
hummmm........ in that case I don't think I'll visit Antwerp in the near future..... ;)

---

actually Godfather, I was just down at the pack monday fair and thought of you when I saw a giant Lara Croft beach towel -at least if you had one of those you could be assured of having Lara drapped over you whenever you wanted.. ;)

thanhkim
14th Oct 2002, 23:28
Don't worry folks Lara may be stinky but we all still love her!

LaraLookAlike1
15th Oct 2002, 00:51
Red Door and Wind Song perfumes.

Aquarius
15th Oct 2002, 02:34
While I'm thinking of this now......

The smell of my brother's truck when he's just waxed it
New leather shoes - like the one's I got today! Smells good! :p
That new car smell - seriously! Soooo good! :D
Grilled vegetables - Yum!

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 08:16
New shoes are great full stop ;)
and I'm not saying that because I'm a girl, I've only a few pairs, honest, but the Clarks adverts are so right! -actually, everyone I know, tends to stand around staring at their feet for a while saying "oooowwwwwuuuuuuuh new shoes!" when they've just bought a new pair. There's just something about them.

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 10:31
Originally posted by THE True Lara
hummmm........ in that case I don't think I'll visit Antwerp in the near future..... ;)

:D

You know: I got it originally from Lara Croft ... and she's British! :D

I saw a giant Lara Croft beach towel -at least if you had one of those you could be assured of having Lara drapped over you whenever you wanted.. ;)

Well, I am assured of having Lara drapped around me ... but it ain't a beach towel that's doing the job ... it's my swimming trunks. (sorry, you asked for it) :D

j/k

THE True Lara
15th Oct 2002, 10:35
:eek:

Oh the nightmares, the terrible nightmares....!

Godfather
15th Oct 2002, 13:17
:D