PDA

View Full Version : What is the most shocking game ever?

Goose Master
30th Sep 2002, 16:20
What do you think is the most shocking game ever (not including those anime ones). In my view i think either SOF2 of King pin: a life of crime. Also back in the nineties when all thos duke nukem clones were about there were some violent ones like shadow warrior and Blood what do you people think?

DaveJ
30th Sep 2002, 16:52
SOF 2 and Kingpin weren't really 'shocking'...they were just sensationalist and morally dubious. Buckets of blood and coarse language is a bit passe'.
;)

The most morally deplorable game I have ever seen is GTA3.

The game that managed to shock (ie. make me jump) the most was probably "System Shock 2".

Goose Master
30th Sep 2002, 17:23
I never really got into system shock 2 probably because i joined the navy rather than the marines. The original Resident Evil was full of frghts i found but i tried the others and they were draging them out for money i think. I beleive that Mafia is better then grand theft auto III but everyone has there opinions. The A.I. of the pedestrians ruined it and also the 'man of few words act' really gets anoying. I mean they think making not speak will make you feel like you are playing rather then playing through a character but it still makes no difference because i look nothing like the guy. Mafia didnt follow this method and had whole scenes from gangsta movies and to be able to take part in things like that is what games were made for.

DaveJ
30th Sep 2002, 17:27
Of all the RE games I think it was one scene in RE3 that really made me jump.... but I love 'em all.

THE True Lara
30th Sep 2002, 18:26
Originally posted by DaveJ
The game that managed to shock (ie. make me jump) the most was probably "System Shock 2".

God yes! -Especially when you're playing it alone in the house late at night, you're already on edge then all of a sudden some pipe weilding zombie/mutant thing comes out of no where and scares the living cr*p out of you!
...all of a sudden you're dead?

Godfather
1st Oct 2002, 09:35
"What is the most shocking game ever?" you ask? How 'bout the one that doesn't work after having purchased it? :D

Lord Croft
1st Oct 2002, 14:11
Originally posted by Goose Master
What do you think is the most shocking game ever (not including those anime ones).

Have you ever tried to catch fish with a method called "throw the wire over the powerline"? Some time back (I wasn't even born) a guy did this and "forgot" he was standing in the water.

Now that's the most shocking non-anime game I know of.

UNREAL|dave
2nd Oct 2002, 21:11
Of all the RE games I think it was one scene in RE3 that really made me jump....

which particular scene are you on about DaveJ?

I love the Resi games, it was sorta creepy playin it in the middle of the night on your own, the background sounds were really eerie.

Lil Lara
3rd Oct 2002, 01:16
Silent Hill2 scared the beejeesus out of me.

:eek: :eek: man, was that game creeepy!

DaveJ
3rd Oct 2002, 07:40
Originally posted by ÐåVë

which particular scene are you on about DaveJ?

It might have been RE2 in retrospect....you are in an "L" shaped corridor, and its the first time the Lickers burst in through a window or ceiling....kakked myself, I did.

cowboy from hell
5th Oct 2002, 16:07
Originally posted by Lil Lara

I am with you all the way on the Silent Hill thing. In some ways though I think SH 1 was scarier because in some way the poor graphics (although OK for 32-bits) added to the "sick and twisted" atmosphere.

Goose Master
5th Oct 2002, 16:15
yeah silent Hill was scary especially with the little babies and the school.

Acid Burn
5th Oct 2002, 16:48
All of my answers are taken already exept one. To this day i'll never forget the first time i played "DOOM". In a dark room late at night you really become that outnumbered marine low on amo and health with no clue of how to find that stupid key. Demons and Imps start to bear down on you and a chill runs up your spine a mile wide. They just dont make em like that anymore.

Goose Master
5th Oct 2002, 18:37
Originally posted by Acid Burn
All of my answers are taken already exept one. To this day i'll never forget the first time i played "DOOM". In a dark room late at night you really become that outnumbered marine low on amo and health with no clue of how to find that stupid key. Demons and Imps start to bear down on you and a chill runs up your spine a mile wide. They just dont make em like that anymore.

Thats exactly how i felt but no one else did that game was so good. I wouldnt stop playing untill i had completed the episode. I used to concentrate so hard nothing could distract me.:eek:

Has anyone ever played Blood or Shadow Warrior here blood had a good atmosphere to.

purple rain
6th Oct 2002, 12:26
Originally posted by Lil Lara

yeah
the most surprising/shocking thing about sh2 is the blatant sexual innuendo. maria's a skanky little thing :P "i cant do a thing behind these bars" hahah

i dont think the first sh was as shocking. i remember yelling in sh2 "ohmygod was pyramid head sexually assaulting that monster!??????"

the last frustration
6th Oct 2002, 13:26
Chess. All the different strategies... wow, it's like, so thrilling. :rolleyes:

Henry
8th Oct 2002, 17:57
I loved Blood and Shadow warrior before i get TR games.I When I played first Blood I was shocked by its violence,heads are blowing off, etc.And I played Blood demo three times through.

Deekman
10th Oct 2002, 17:40
Operation.

Goose Master
10th Oct 2002, 18:16
I had the Blood demo to and you could only play the first episode.

What is Operation about then?

THE True Lara
10th Oct 2002, 18:26
queue music;
"'operation'... you're the doctor it's so much fun to play!"

Goose Master
10th Oct 2002, 20:33
Oh thanks i see now. You mean the board game that little children play where you pull out the insides of the little man. I remember having that and no matter what i did the buzzer would sound.

Goose Master
10th Oct 2002, 20:35
Oh thanks i see now. You mean the board game that little children play where you pull out the insides of the little man. I remember having that and no matter what i did the buzzer would sound. I think the pancreas was the first peice i lost.

DanO-mulder
11th Oct 2002, 02:07
Silent Hill 2

Absolutly, positively Chilli :D

Pyramid head was one seriously messed up dude.....

Marcus T
26th Oct 2002, 00:26
Well, among the games I've played, I'd have to say System Shock 2. A very scary game indeed.

War_Horus
26th Oct 2002, 22:24
No One Lives Forever 1

DaveJ
27th Oct 2002, 08:15
Those who visit the Eidos CC forum will know I just played the demo for '007: Nightfire'...and it gets my new vote for being shockingly bad.

SMG
12th Nov 2002, 23:24
Goodie, I've seen a few mentions of System Shock 2! That's a great game. System Shock 2 really has alot of atmosphere and immersion. Good game for playing late at night. At avault the review says "System Shock 2 will scare the hell right out of you -- and you'll like it for that reason"
Doom 3 is going out, and John Carmack is certain it's gonna be a new "reality" (as in virtual-reality, extremely immersive) for gamers and induce a feeling of dread that lingers hours after we're done playing, but i'm kind of skeptical, and so are alot of people.

Goose Master
13th Nov 2002, 18:45
Im looking forward to Doom3 iv got all the others and have been palying them sine i was about 4. I love doom. The old ones had somthing about them that new games cant create again except maybe the original Resident Evil.

Like the tiger.

Blind Intentions
14th Nov 2002, 19:15
The most shocking game in my opinion would have to be Clock Tower. Its a game for the playstation that plays out like a Scream/horror movie. You get to play as various characters and try to escape a man in a costume carrying a giant pair of sissors. You dont get to use weapons in this game, just objects in a room to throw at him or find a place to hide :eek:

http://ncsx.com/clktowr1.jpg

Goose Master
15th Nov 2002, 17:28
That sounds like a real good game but iv never heard of it. Maybe it wasnt released in England.

unkwon
17th Nov 2002, 19:27
The most shocking game at first off would have to be the old Arcade game Chiller, to where you basicly Blow up people being Butchered in a Torture Chamber!!!

Godfather
17th Nov 2002, 19:59
I'll tell you what the most shocking game of all time is!!

It's Lemmings! I mean: they were sooooo cute and all they wanted was to get home. They were very hard-working, honest creatures unaware of the cruel, cruel world out there and they had to fight to get to that one door. And that heart-breaking sound that followed when one was crushed, smashed or just plain killed. Not that's a shocking game!! Poor things ... :(