PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Server/World Discussions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

katalaiscute
2nd Jan 2013, 07:42
Hi there, I played FFXIV in sweden but recently have moved to Australia.

My friends here will be playing Reborn with their American friends.

Can I use my EU legacy account with Reborn and play on US server when it comes out?

I am confused with the multiple places to sign in.

member_10025263
2nd Jan 2013, 09:52
Yeah, you can. They've stated that we'll be able to choose our servers when ARR launches, so all you have to do is choose the same server as everyone else, which it'll say where the server is based while choosing.

Jarjar355
8th Jan 2013, 19:04
Im sure this may be a stupid question but i have never played a console MMO so will the PC and PS3 versions of the game be running along the same servers? Like if a friend was playing on PC could I play with him from a PS3?

LennethLionK3
8th Jan 2013, 19:27
Yes, every server will support all released platforms. However, if you want to play the same character on different platforms, you must buy a Content ID for each platform. And of course the game for each platform as well.

Jarjar355
16th Jan 2013, 19:03
I know I have asked this question before but I didnt get a direct answer to my question so ill just ask again lol. In ARR will the PS3 and the PC versions of the game be able to play together? For example if I am playing the PS3 version will I be able to play with a friend who is using the PC version?

LennethLionK3
16th Jan 2013, 19:18
Don't know how much more clear I can be answering this question as I did before, other than saying a plain..... YES you can.

tingly
16th Jan 2013, 22:25
The answer is yes you will be able to play on the same servers. this is how it was with ffxi on pc, xbox 360 and ps2/ps3 (if your ps3 was backwards compatible with ps2 games i assume). i personally played ffxi on xbox 360 and ps2 and there were some people that were surprised i was on a ps2. Also ffxiv ARR is now in the beta stage phase I and you are able to apply now for beta testing on ps3 when ps3 beta tests are implemented on phase III.

brujah999
17th Jan 2013, 20:53
I wrote to participate in the Beta test, I hope to pass, it will be great to play...

HyperPhlex
19th Feb 2013, 13:32
This is good news....though there are worse things, it's certainly not a pleasure when you cannot play with a friend because they are on another server due to differing platforms.

Thanks SE for solving this problem.

Mia_crazymike
22nd Mar 2013, 21:46
Will the Playstation 3 & the PC version of FF XIV Online be Cross-platform? In other words linked together.

doomtown
23rd Mar 2013, 17:31
Yes.

Paladin_Locke
8th Jun 2013, 23:57
I'm just sort of curious to see what server my fellow North Americans like the best. I know which one I'm leaning towards!

North American Server List:

EDIT: As I mentioned below, I discovered that this is a list of the Phase 3 Beta worlds. However, I personally think there is a good chance these will also be the launch servers. Just wanted to clear that up.

#1- Balmung (LEGACY)
#2- Excalibur (LEGACY)
#3- Hyperion (LEGACY)
#4- Sargatanas (LEGACY)
#5- Adamantoise
#6- Behemoth
#7- Cactuar
#8- Coeurl
#9- Diabolos
#10- Gilgamesh
#11- Goblin
#12- Leviathan
#13- Malboro
#14- Midgardsormr
#15- Ultros

The one I'm looking at is Ultros. FFVI was one of my absolute favorites and Ultros always made me laugh.

What do you guys think?

Fubar4585
8th Jun 2013, 23:59
Oh wow! Is that the official server list that will be launched?

SpaceWolf87
9th Jun 2013, 00:00
I'll go to whichever one all my PS3 crew on here decide to, that way we can roam together.

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 00:07
Oh wow! Is that the official server list that will be launched?

Yes, it is. Pulled it from the SE site. Take a look if you want.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/361 (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/361)

EDIT: Sorry I just realized it said "And so, without further delay, your Beta 3 World names!"

I think there is a good chance that these will also be the launch world names too. My mistake for misleading anyone.

Fubar4585
9th Jun 2013, 00:11
Very nice! Thanks! As for your question....waiting to see what the friends list does but I'd lean towards Leviathan I suppose. It's always been one of my favorite summons.

Edit: ^Can't imagine why they would change. Still very cool though!

member_10292472
9th Jun 2013, 00:25
I, myself relly dont care what server i go on at the moment. Really wanted Bahamut but its a Japanese server. :-( since i cant go on that just go with majority of friends list.

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 00:31
Seems like most everyone is waiting on their friends list. Understandable though. From my perspective, I'm probably the one out of my friends who is going to end up deciding for the group. If it were based on name alone, I'd say Ultros with Gilgamesh as a close second. Honestly though, I'm sort of waiting to see which way the population swings. I'd rather not end up on a low populated server.

Fubar4585
9th Jun 2013, 00:38
5$ says Behemoth fills to high population first. lol. Any takers?

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 00:46
I'm gonna say Ultros, (because the first thought that comes to my mind is the purple monster from FFVI, my personal favorite FF) great monster from a great game! I'm probably in the HUGE MINORITY though.

member_10292472
9th Jun 2013, 00:49

I agree with that. probably would choose that one as well but will see what list chooses and if i get an invite lol

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 01:02
I'm gonna say Ultros, (because the first thought that comes to my mind is the purple monster from FFVI, my personal favorite FF) great monster from a great game! I'm probably in the HUGE MINORITY though.

At least we are alike in that. I also said Ultros. So two votes does not make the minority in the thread lol

You guys honestly think Behemoth will fill first? Why do you think so? I'd think Gilgamesh would be the first.

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 01:07
They say all great teams need conflict. Lol, if you join a team I got two to join you as well. Lol, I knew you made the thread, but didn't read to know you joined Ultros as well!!! Kick ASS!!!

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 01:22
They say all great teams need conflict. Lol, if you join a team I got two to join you as well. Lol, I knew you made the thread, but didn't read to know you joined Ultros as well!!! Kick ASS!!!

Haha, Yeah! So far I have two friends and my girlfriend wanting to join me in Eorzea. All of us used to play FFXI at some point, so we know how SE tends to think with their MMO's. I'm trying to get more but some work a lot and can't justify paying for something they won't have enough time to truly enjoy. I'm sure I'll make more friends once the game launches officially.

FugitiveGunslinger
9th Jun 2013, 01:25
This is a question that I have seen in numerous places around the net, but I was wondering, which servers will you choose: Legacy or New?

For weeks, I have been pondering whether I want to join a legacy or a new server. Either choice has its pros and cons, considering numerous reasons. One of the biggest reasons why I am planning on joining a Legacy server is to be able to play with some friends who have played the game since launch. I personally know these guys and I would love to be able to play the game with them side by side. Playing with experienced players might allow the opportunity for help, cheap armor/weapons, and learning the ropes of the game faster than playing in a world with new players.

On the other hand, a new world with a new economy and unexperienced players provides a fresh experience for new players. Regardless, I do not think either choice would be grave.

I will probably think more about this in the upcoming weeks and listen to what you guys have to say before making my final decision.

So, what will you choose? Legacy or New?

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 01:29
Truthfully, I don't know for certain that you can even join a Legacy server without actually being a legacy member. But, to answer your question, I would choose the non-legacy servers. The reason being that you'll have quite a lot of players running the same things as you. This generally means faster progression. While you may have friends on the Legacy server, can you be sure they'd be willing to help you out every time you needed them? I guess it really boils down to that question.

mlandes54
9th Jun 2013, 07:53
I bought the PC version in 2009 but my computer would not run the game. Do I have to buy the PS3 version? Also will I be able to add the bonus items to my PS3 account that I have from orginal version. Thank you.

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 11:04
I bought the PC version in 2009 but my computer would not run the game. Do I have to buy the PS3 version? Also will I be able to add the bonus items to my PS3 account that I have from orginal version. Thank you.

By the way you wrote that, am I to assume you still use the same computer? If so, you won't be able to run FFXIV:ARR. You would normally get a free digital download of the game for having purchased the 1.0 version all those years ago. However, they aren't giving physical copies of the PS3 version to those old purchasers. When you think about it, SE already thinks that those people have a working PC in order to run the game, but they have no idea if they have a PS3. Not only that but digital downloads are ultimately free to produce. Physical copies are not free to produce.

In the end, you will have to purchase the game for the PS3. You should be able to link the PS3 version to your old account though. I would think you should be able to get any pre-order/bonus items from linking them too.

mlandes54
9th Jun 2013, 12:26
Thank you. I still have the same computer but looking into getting a better one. I would prefer to play on PS3 with my big screen tv. I really was hoping to add the crafting glasses from the version 1.0 release. I always enoyed that part of the game in FF11.

Reaper83
9th Jun 2013, 13:09
Leviathain here no one on my friends list is playing so Im hoping I find people to play with

x3Noctis
9th Jun 2013, 14:30
New members can join Legacy servers regardless if they're a original member or not. Ironically, it's the Legacy people or people who already made a character in the Legacy servers that can't transfer to the new servers. (Econmic purposes)

I'm joining Behemoth and starting anew. New economy and everything and such. I kind of want to start something right from the beginning for Behemoth. Make a name for myself and such. Hahah. And roleplay.

Plus since CE will be getting a behemoth barding and a behemoth minion, I felt it was suiting to start at Behemoth. :)

x3Noctis
9th Jun 2013, 14:43

According to this website: xivpads.com/?WorldTransferDirectory (http://xivpads.com/?WorldTransferDirectory)

Gilgamesh is currently the most popular. Hahah, I am joining Behemoth though!

Leaferian-379423
9th Jun 2013, 16:27
To my knowledge, the only restriction on Legacy servers is that they are the only place you can play characters created in the 1.0 version of the game. You should still be able to make characters intermixed between New and Legacy worlds, but I'll see what I can find out.

venkaramon
9th Jun 2013, 16:56
New members can join Legacy servers regardless if they're a original member or not. Ironically, it's the Legacy people or people who already made a character in the Legacy servers that can't transfer to the new servers. (Econmic purposes)

I'm joining Behemoth and starting anew. New economy and everything and such. I kind of want to start something right from the beginning for Behemoth. Make a name for myself and such. Hahah. And roleplay.

Plus since CE will be getting a behemoth barding and a behemoth minion, I felt it was suiting to start at Behemoth. :)

Wow see you in Behemoth then :) I plan to indulge myself and really live the fantasy so to speak :

Paladin_Locke
9th Jun 2013, 17:52
You people and your behemoth lol. Gilgamesh and Ultros man!

Fubar4585
9th Jun 2013, 18:40
Haha! So far looks like Behemoth FTW! Too bad no one took me up on that bet. : (

Ruhyah
10th Jun 2013, 08:38
If we can have more than one character, I hope they can be on different servers. There one on legacy one on new, but I do not knbow f you can if it affects your retainer.

CHASER33
10th Jun 2013, 09:35
Really should have reaserched this before Purchase, but the Digital CE version still gets all the in game stuff like the helmet, special mounts and minion right? ? it just dosent come with art book and cd's and such. Or am I totally misreading?

member_10547357
10th Jun 2013, 10:39
Really should have reaserched this before Purchase, but the Digital CE version still gets all the ingame stuff and the physical copy right? it just dosent come with art book and cd's and such. Or am I totally misreading?

As far as I know, nope. Only digital game download and ingame stuff...

Fubar4585
10th Jun 2013, 12:34
PC and PS3 CE is supposed to be available in retail stores a little closer to launch. If you want physical copies just wait a little while. I plan on upgrading when/if it hits like Yoshi-P says.

Ruhyah
11th Jun 2013, 10:09
Truthfully, I don't know for certain that you can even join a Legacy server without actually being a legacy member. But, to answer your question, I would choose the non-legacy servers. The reason being that you'll have quite a lot of players running the same things as you. This generally means faster progression. While you may have friends on the Legacy server, can you be sure they'd be willing to help you out every time you needed them? I guess it really boils down to that question.

I was told by several veteran players, nothing stopping new players from joining Legacy only if that server is full. But they legacy players cannot go onto a non-legacy server...

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 22:41
Ok guys and girls to anyone going to Behemoth server and want to join this merry group of ppl lets make a list of players and jobs so we can hash this out !

member_10292472
13th Jun 2013, 22:45
Ok guys and girls to anyone going to Behemoth server and want to join this merry group of ppl lets make a list of players and jobs so we can hash this out !

Lol u took my idea of making a Behemoth post.

Male Mioq'te, probably moon. Class Arcanist.

PSN: Cerious_-_

member_10292472
13th Jun 2013, 22:50
Oops sorry cerious I'm bored and thliability give me something to do lol

Its cool, so what race and class are you choosing?

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 22:52
Prolly Hume gladiator or warrior moon

sqex_3651635
13th Jun 2013, 22:52
You know me male Mioq'te most likely sun Palladian PSN BlaksamuraiX :)

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 23:00
If my character I made on 1.0 is not deleted ill be a Roegadyn hellsguard maruader

x3Noctis
13th Jun 2013, 23:08
Male Miqote. Behemoth too. :) Paladin all the way.

muleflakes
13th Jun 2013, 23:14
I'm fairly sure that Miqo'te are only female...

SoulEaterQUEEN
13th Jun 2013, 23:15
I'm fairly sure that Miqo'te are only female...

Definitely not!

And yes.. I will join up as in character details I don't know yet. I think I will play as a mage class, if not, bard.

PSN: SoulEaterQUEEN

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 23:16
Not anymore they added male gender

muleflakes
13th Jun 2013, 23:17
Not anymore they added male gender

Ah, I didn't know that thanks for the info.

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 23:18
Ok soul I sent you a friend request

SoulEaterQUEEN
13th Jun 2013, 23:19
Sweet - I won't be able to add you until later on. Also I hope this isn't just a Beta Phase 3 gathering -- I didn't get an invite, so I won't be able to be on until Open Beta or later (depending when my trip starts though).

sqex_3651635
I think I might the a summoner too. They look amazing!

member_10495996
Your welcome Scott

HF.f1Aw
13th Jun 2013, 23:20
Ill definitely buy ff14 and when i do im comin to behemoth.

Lalafell Black mage or monk ( if queen makes a white mage i can be the black mage 8D )

PSN: HF_Flaw

member_10292472
13th Jun 2013, 23:22
Sweet - I won't be able to add you until later on. Also I hope this isn't just a Beta Phase 3 gathering -- I didn't get an invite, so I won't be able to be on until Open Beta or later (depending when my trip starts though).

no its for official game. I didnt get BETA KEY EITHER.

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 23:24
No this is full fledge linkshell type thing we are doing .

Kirksoul
oh man I am so jelly of all you guys getting codes. fml.

SoulEaterQUEEN
Ill definitely buy ff14 and when i do im comin to behemoth.

Lalafell Black mage or monk ( if queen makes a white mage i can be the black mage 8D )

PSN: HF_Flaw

I definitely won't play white mage. I did 3 years of my life on Final Fantasy XI as a white mage, so my white mage days are over. I am leaning more towards BLM, Summoner, Scholar... maybe Red mage if it is being concerned!

HF.f1Aw
13th Jun 2013, 23:25
u knwo what. the guild name should just be The Behemoth

member_10770603
13th Jun 2013, 23:25
Put me down for dragoon... unfortunately, I didn't get an invite for the beta either but I'll be there for the open beta and early access. PSN: gcloud81

sqex_3651635
13th Jun 2013, 23:26
oh man I am so jelly of all you guys getting codes. fml.

Trust me bro most of the people on this thread sod month have beta keys so don't worry lol

SoulEaterQUEEN
13th Jun 2013, 23:28

Definitely sound boring :p

I think it should be something valient like The Moogle Knights, or The Chocobo Knights (I like this one), or something about folklore, Goddess's Tear, The L'Cie Reborn... :) I can keep on thinking of names if you like.... I have a whole month and a half bwahaha

Kirksoul
13th Jun 2013, 23:28
oh alright. I mean I figured you guys talking about getting together into linkshells and stuff. thought it was for the phase 3. cause OB is far away.

sqex_3651635
13th Jun 2013, 23:30

I think it should be something valient like The Moogle Knights, or The Chocobo Knights (I like this one), or something about folklore, Goddess's Tear, The L'Cie Reborn... :) I can keep on thinking of names if you like.... I have a whole month and a half bwahaha

Ooh I like the goddess's tear and L'Cie Reborn. What about something like Alphas? Or maybe DragonsBane?

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 23:31
oh what server queen?

HF.f1Aw
13th Jun 2013, 23:33

Q_Q yes you ar ethe queena nd u know best..( psssssst u should really make a white mage so i can make a black mage lol)

and yes please do come up with names cuz i would just name us something stupid

Kirksoul
13th Jun 2013, 23:34
something with dragon or bane in it sounds pretty nice.

SoulEaterQUEEN
13th Jun 2013, 23:36

Ooh I like the goddess's tear and L'Cie Reborn. What about something like Alphas? Or maybe DragonsBane?

DragonsBane isn't bad, but I feel like a material with that title. Alphas reminds me of Alpha testing, and makes me want wish I was a legacy player bwahaha.

Dragon's Blood

Vahalla's Guardians

PSN = SoulEaterQUEEN

member_10495996
13th Jun 2013, 23:36
Lol

sqex_3651635
13th Jun 2013, 23:38
What about something simple like Caliber?

member_10292472
13th Jun 2013, 23:41
Something with dragon would be cool.

like Dragon's Hope, Dragon Knights, or DragonBorn( Lol Skyrim)

member_10495996
I like dragons blood lol

SoulEaterQUEEN
Magitek Soldiers

Moogle's Occult

Vanadiel's Last Hope

Merciless Mercaneries

PSN = SoulEaterQUEEN

sqex_3651635
13th Jun 2013, 23:49
ChaosDragons

TheGodFist

DragonsFlame?

SoulEaterQUEEN
13th Jun 2013, 23:52
I like dragons blood lol

Yeah I think I really like that too now to be honest, it has an edge to it :)

sqex_3651635
13th Jun 2013, 23:54
It does have a certain ring to it...

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:00
Great that's a start

SithHappens
14th Jun 2013, 00:00

Let's not stand on ceremony here, Mr. Wayne.

Hah.

Chocobo Knights is amazing, i'm down for that.

I have very little suggestions other than the name should be FF related for sure.

member_10770603
14th Jun 2013, 00:06
All seem to be some great names and we have a whole month and a half to figure out which one we'll use :D

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 00:08

Let's not stand on ceremony here, Mr. Wayne.

Hah.

Chocobo Knights is amazing, i'm down for that.

I have very little suggestions other than the name should be FF related for sure.

well of course you would be down for chocobo knights, you're avatar is riding a chocobo. *cough* *cough* you dont see me riding a dragon and saying dragon knights? haha but sure it should be a final fantasy related name.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:09
sith what is your ID and what are you going to be??

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 00:10
can we be the bad guys? lol if so we can be Ifrits Army

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:11
Ohhhh I like that even better

KIEI916
this seems cool though my characters are on a diffrent server...or they were back in 1.0 but I could create a character on the server if you were up for more people.

SoulEaterQUEEN
All seem to be some great names and we have a whole month and a half to figure out which one we'll use :D

It is honestly the best distraction right now about not being sad for not getting a beta invite on ps3 :(

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 00:14
Yukaru: We could always use more people :)

Queen: You arabsolutely right lol

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 00:16

It is honestly the best distraction right now about not being sad for not getting a beta invite on ps3 :(

d'aww *hugs*

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:22
lmao yes more ppl would be great so far we only have like 10 confirmed

SithHappens
14th Jun 2013, 00:24
sith what is your ID and what are you going to be??

Ahh, my bad! My PSN is Ghalebi1, so feel free to add me. More than likely going to be a Hyur Lancer, because spears are awesome!

And yes, i do love chocobos...haha.

So how do actual guilds work in FFXIV anyway? I didn't play it when it was first released, nor did i play FFXI :/

member_10292472
14th Jun 2013, 00:24
yup the more the merrier. lol

member_10770603
14th Jun 2013, 00:31
Yea I know what you mean, Queen... I was sitting at my desk, depressed, when I found that I didn't get an invite. I just wanted to get up and leave the job. Lol but I guess I can wait for another month.

KIEI916
14th Jun 2013, 00:32
I'll get my twin sis to create a character on the server too.... she's a bit shy but you guys seem nice so i'm sure she'll relax.....

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 00:33
guilds are wierd in that you would first have to join a grand company and then created a free company witch is in turn a "guild" equivalant in other games.

then there are these things called linkshells which is easier to stay connected with a group of people but not as specialized as a free company/guild.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:33
i have no clue sith i played for years but didnt do any crafting or anything we had a linkshell that certain ppl would gather others would craft etc.. me i was just muscle and a wall lol

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 00:37
@wolvie is behemoth a legacy server?

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:38
vance do you know alot about guildes and crafting ???

member_10292472
14th Jun 2013, 00:40
Behemoth is not a legacy server.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:40
no sir

member_10292472
14th Jun 2013, 00:44
ok just to make sure that everyones up to date on Beta Keys.

Posted to twitter about an hour or so ago. go to sqex.to/HJ6

should be sending betas out shortly if not some already.

So still a chance someone here will get one.

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 00:48
@wolvie alot of things changed from 1.0 so probably not as much. excpectations for 2.0 mostly, and I watched alot of 1.0 lets plays lol.

add me on psn id: Lleran

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 00:50
ands its good its not a legacy server, wouldnt want to play with all the vets lol.

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 00:54
ands its good its not a legacy server, wouldnt want to play with all the vets lol.

I dont know they may be able to help more than you think

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:54
cool cerious and i added you vance

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 00:57
yeah i like having some vets around as long as they arent too impatient i had a good friend help me when i started FF11 i felt sorry for him

SithHappens
I'm sure someone here knows how to set up guilds. I guess that's what the Lodestone is for :P

We'll have to figure out some way of setting something up!

member_10292472
@wolvie alot of things changed from 1.0 so probably not as much. excpectations for 2.0 mostly, and I watched alot of 1.0 lets plays lol.

add me on psn id: Lleran

I added you as well.

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 01:02
aye I could understand with a few vets arounds but on a legacy server they're probably gonna' be all over the place

the market values on things would probably be higher then if I was going to play on a non legacy server.

cause' most people havent monoplized everything, and vets know exactly what they are doing.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 01:04
vance any idea on what job your doing?

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 01:04
Yeah thats true too. It might not be as fun because you'd be a noob to almost everyone on a legacy server.

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 01:05
and espically people in alpha and closed beta atm, which none of us have the damn privilage to be in.

Dakr4oneangel
14th Jun 2013, 01:07
i will join

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 01:10
@wolvie I dont know honestly. I want to be a gladiator or a maurader mabye, and for crafting I would like to go heavly into mining, armorer, and blacksmith.

eh and I would have an idea if I was in closed beta right now but like I said we dont get that privilage.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 01:10
ok dark PSN ID ?

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 01:14
Ok cool vance

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 01:19
I almost forgot about crafting. Do you think we will be able to use the armor and weapons we make? I know in some MMOs you can make an item but by the time you make it, it will be too low a level and wont do much good unless youre selling it.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 01:31
im sure we will be able to use the equipment we make blak

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 02:03
Guess what I just got in a email???

member_10292472
14th Jun 2013, 02:06

If its a beta key, congrats.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 02:11
It is and thanks cerious

SithHappens
14th Jun 2013, 02:12

You lucky barsteward...haha. Congrats!

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 02:13
Lol thanks all

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 02:18
*sigh*

SpaceWolf87
14th Jun 2013, 02:20
I feel like SE too me out to a fancy dinner, ****ed me, and then never called me back. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 02:21
@spacewolf I feel the same way buddy.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 02:22
god idk how to get ps3 beta????

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 02:22
god idk how to get ps3 beta????

Kirksoul
14th Jun 2013, 02:33
@wolvie you probably have to input the code into psn store. under redeme code. I'm guessing.

muleflakes
14th Jun 2013, 02:47
Congrats to wolvie, I feel the same way as vance and bob

muleflakes
14th Jun 2013, 02:51

Guess what I just got in an e-mail...
Something telling me someone responded to one of my posts /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Reaper83
14th Jun 2013, 03:11
yea I dint get in but I guess in phase 4 I'll be the big guys paladin so I'll see u guys in phase4 let me know how the game is :-(

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 03:43
HOLY **** I GOT IN

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 03:52
congrats chad but all servers are under maintanence

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 03:55
QQ but but..i got in :( *walks away slowly in shame*

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 03:58
lmao sorry bro just letting you know

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 04:09
hey wolvie can you pm me

Fubar4585
14th Jun 2013, 04:23
Ps3 invite?

venkaramon
14th Jun 2013, 06:58
See you guys in Eorzea (Behemoth) I'll be bringin a runt along with my midlander glad / pdn

UndefeatedIrish
14th Jun 2013, 09:01
Right after I accept the license agreement, it goes to a black screen with the little loading clock at the top right of the screen. After ~30 secs gives an error message saying "The server is not responding. For assistance with this issue, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center. ..."

Anyone else having this issue?

cerrebus
14th Jun 2013, 09:03
Right after I accept the license agreement, it goes to a black screen with the little loading clock at the top right of the screen. After ~30 secs gives an error message saying "The server is not responding. For assistance with this issue, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center. ..."

Same problem here, i fear server mait / bombardment is the problem here i wish the previous lodestone / forums / banner would indicate such troubles but im sure it will be well worth the wait in this case

Tachimeh
14th Jun 2013, 09:03
Yeah, I've been having that problem for the past hour. I think the servers NA servers aren't even on tbh O.o

cerrebus
14th Jun 2013, 09:05
nothing for NA minus these forums work, im on my old pc i built for this game and was clicking though the old ff14 stuff and none of it worked sadly...

UndefeatedIrish
14th Jun 2013, 09:06
Oh well...guess I'll just chill and watch some Price is Right in the meantime lol

WOLVESBAYNE1
14th Jun 2013, 09:08

Same here and this is for the PS3.

bobdigi81
14th Jun 2013, 09:11
Yes, I am having the same issue. Apparently we have to wait just a little longer but we do have the golden ticket so its only a matter of time at this point!

member_10354461
14th Jun 2013, 09:11
Same issue. I've gotten as far as linking SE & PSN accounts but times out and says server not available.

UndefeatedIrish
14th Jun 2013, 09:13
Hey what are your guys' PSN names? I'll add you

Mine is NelsonTheFourth

member_10194648
14th Jun 2013, 09:13
I'm on PS3 as well, having the same issue trying to start up the beta. If anyone is successfull in login attempt, please let us know here. Thanks.

member_10354461
14th Jun 2013, 09:14

Mine is NelsonTheFourth

MUNKYXIII

Tachimeh
14th Jun 2013, 09:15

Mine is NelsonTheFourth

Psn: stephenboii :D

cerrebus
14th Jun 2013, 09:16

Mine is NelsonTheFourth

MUNKYXIII

cerrebus is my id for all games :D cant beat cerberus :D

bioshade2
14th Jun 2013, 09:17
Same issue. I've gotten as far as linking SE & PSN accounts but times out and says server not available.

same thing happens to me

bioshade2
14th Jun 2013, 09:18
psn shadowtiger434 see ya there =)

member_10354461
14th Jun 2013, 09:27
WooHoo!!! Got past all the "server not responding" now downloading the game...T-Minus ~60 minutes

member_10520227
14th Jun 2013, 09:27

Same problem here, i fear server mait / bombardment is the problem here i wish the previous lodestone / forums / banner would indicate such troubles but im sure it will be well worth the wait in this case

Yes, i have the same issue..been at this for nearly 1 1/2 hrs now...still same problem with an error of [11070][-2140073976]

UndefeatedIrish
14th Jun 2013, 09:28
WooHoo!!! Got past all the "server not responding" now downloading the game...T-Minus ~60 minutes

Same here man :D

Kaikitty165
14th Jun 2013, 09:35
They have the servers down for maintenance right now. When I left for work this morning they gave the system message in-game. I don't know how long it will be. Hopefully no too long

WOLVESBAYNE1
14th Jun 2013, 09:36
Wolvesbayne1

bioshade2
14th Jun 2013, 09:37
hell yeah so happy right now its working

WOLVESBAYNE1
14th Jun 2013, 09:37
Hope someone post when they are up ...

Kaikitty165
14th Jun 2013, 09:38

there you go :P

UndefeatedIrish
14th Jun 2013, 09:45

Are your download speeds as awful as mine? (0.85 MB/s)

member_10354461
14th Jun 2013, 09:46

Are your download speeds as awful as mine? (0.85 MB/s)

Mine is fluctuating between 1.75MB/s ~ 2.10MB/s

member_10456729
14th Jun 2013, 09:49
i tried today also same results about a few minutes ago

WOLVESBAYNE1
14th Jun 2013, 09:53
Servers are up and now downloading for and hr and a half ...see u guys then

UndefeatedIrish
14th Jun 2013, 10:00
Just hit a section of the client download called "Updating ffxiv - 2013.06.09.0000.0000"

This happen for you guys too?

BWhisky
14th Jun 2013, 10:05
I got into the game on NA/EU after being sent to JP. I joined world Gilgamesh and did the whole intro part. But now I cannot obtain the world list for NA/EU. Anyone else having these problems?

member_10354461
14th Jun 2013, 10:28
Download completed. Just got in on PS3

WOLVESBAYNE1
14th Jun 2013, 10:37
I got "patch failed to download"...anyone else get that after about 15 mins of downloading

anthony.miller.5686
14th Jun 2013, 10:45

I am too. it sucks! haha

anthony.miller.5686
14th Jun 2013, 10:46

member_10354461
14th Jun 2013, 10:49
My download is finished, character created, however the only servers you can choose from are "Group JP" and none of them are accepting new characters

WOLVESBAYNE1
14th Jun 2013, 10:51
im getting unable to download patch files...anyone else getting this???

Slothh
14th Jun 2013, 10:55
Im already logged in and have my created character but only worlds available are in Group JP and those say they aren't accepting new characters. Group NA/EU says unable to obtain the world list.

Slothh
14th Jun 2013, 10:56
Im also having this problem could someone shed some light on it for us :/

member_10354461
14th Jun 2013, 10:57
My download is finished, character created, however the only servers you can choose from are "Group JP" and none of them are accepting new characters

Nevermind, rebooted the game and was able to choose an "NA/EU" server

Slothh
14th Jun 2013, 11:00

Nevermind, rebooted the game and was able to choose an "NA/EU" server

Same here was about to rage! lol

justmarius.kani
same here.. i can`t choose a world to join. does any1` know how to solve this or what i have 2 do?

member_10665383
PSN: smokin_sickstyle

See you online!

mi16reisen
14th Jun 2013, 11:01
Yes the NA/EU worlds aren't loading at all for me either. I went into Ifrit for 5 seconds and started up a game, but it wasn't with the character I wanted and I just made a trash character to just see where it'd take me. Then I deleted her. :( No more JP servers for me anymore!

Slothh
14th Jun 2013, 11:03
If you guys restart the client you should be able to get in the NA/EU servers. I just logged into Goblin. Hope to see you in game the name is Slothh Xx

member_10770603
14th Jun 2013, 11:04
Alright guys I got my invite and I'm downloading right now... I'll be hitting you guys up when I start

BWhisky
14th Jun 2013, 11:06
I'm just gonna stick to JP for now and move to NA/EU later tonight. I'll be joining Gilgamesh on NA/EU. Playing Ifrit now on JP.

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 11:49
Got mine too!! But I won't be on until after I get off work at around 5. Try not to get too high leveled without me :)

SithHappens
14th Jun 2013, 11:56
Hooray for being unemployed!

I'm just kidding, it sucks. But at least i can get housework done while it downloads!

So when i get on finally, i'll be sure to look you guys up and we can make a party!

member_10770603
14th Jun 2013, 12:00
Got mine too!! But I won't be on until after I get off work at around 5. Try not to get too high leveled without me :)

Lol I should be telling you that, Blak... I get off at 7

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 12:06
Hooray for being unemployed!

I'm just kidding, it sucks. But at least i can get housework done while it downloads!

So when i get on finally, i'll be sure to look you guys up and we can make a party!

yah add me when you get a chance i just turned to the tv and started doing random other **** while i waited for it to HF_FLaw

SofaKingGood
14th Jun 2013, 12:10
Im DL client now. Looks like its gonna take a while

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 12:29
So how will we find each other? Will you guys put on your character names or will the game have a find friends feature?

SofaKingGood
14th Jun 2013, 12:36
I will post my character name once created and you can also message me on PSN: buccfan001

Tachimeh
14th Jun 2013, 12:46
Guys my dl is taking forver -______-

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 12:48
I got my little brother downloading it for me so I don't have to be preoccupied with waiting haha

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 12:49
The DL will take approx 2-4 hours loli got 10 minute sleft on mine **** YES. im about to go vacuum or something

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 12:49
The DL will take approx 2-4 hours loli got 10 minute sleft on mine **** YES. im about to go vacuum or something

SithHappens
14th Jun 2013, 12:50
I'll start a thread so we can post our character names and find each other.

Tachimeh
14th Jun 2013, 12:51
I'll start a thread so we can post our character names and find each other.

Good idea! But is anyone else getting the unable topatch error? /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 14:03
Contact [FINAL FANTASY XIV Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5382&la=1&SQEXSC=h2jl4qa23jhh65luoggbfhkpc0)

sqex_3651635
14th Jun 2013, 17:27
I got my little brother downloading it for me so I don't have to be preoccupied with waiting haha

So my little brother accidentally linked it to my old square account that I had forgotten the password to, but he somehow remembered. I'm still going to use this account when the game releases, but for now I'm going to use my old one for phase 3. Unless there's a way I can unlink the account?

member_10292472
14th Jun 2013, 19:11
Hey guys. Have my Char created. Name Cerious Dalgleish. Im in Gridania. I will be on later to play. Had an anime convention to attend this weekend. (bought tickets nbefore i knew about phase 3) Was totally torn between both lol. C ya in Eorzea.

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 20:00
Played a little last night I must say OMFG it's amazing have to work all weekend so ill be back on Monday morning name is Wolvie hellbringer look me up on behemoth .

GoJapanese
14th Jun 2013, 20:03
Played a little last night I must say OMFG it's amazing have to work all weekend so ill be back on Monday morning name is Wolvie hellbringer look me up on behemoth .

they still sending out code for east cost?

member_10665383
14th Jun 2013, 20:11

I think we should exchange PSN/Steam IDs for that since data's going to be wiped after beta anyway.

PSN:smokin_sickstyle

Steam: sion_barzahd_

GoJapanese
14th Jun 2013, 20:12
can anyone answer my question?

GoJapanese
14th Jun 2013, 20:13
PSN: LETGOMETS

member_10495996
14th Jun 2013, 20:14
Idk Japanese sorry

member_10100780
14th Jun 2013, 20:15
Hello all,

I'll be reviving my old character name from FFXI: Xhibit. If somehow that is not available, then I will go with my name in all other games: Quantumus.

PSN: p3rf3ct_gam3r

FFXI: Xhibit (Black Mage/White Mage)

FFXI: Xhibit or Quantumus -- I will go for Black Mage again... downloading client as I type.

DCUO: Quantumus

GoJapanese
14th Jun 2013, 20:16
so they let have of people that didnt play FF, and i wasnt invited, can anyone lead me a code?, really wanna play badly

demyxx
14th Jun 2013, 20:23
PSN: StarsRando.

I can't remember if I said this lol.

Game almost done, will tell name when I am done creating my Kitty~ :3

GoJapanese
14th Jun 2013, 20:25
i love how people in this forums could not answer my question

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 20:48
Hey guys ill be starting a character ( black mage in about 15-20 minutes) apparently your starting class determines what city you end up in. if anyone would like a leveling or just general partner to have around send me a messag on my psn HF_FLaw or ingame Rf Flaw. or post here ill be watching it for a good whlie

member_10339168
14th Jun 2013, 20:52

is the server up?

demyxx
14th Jun 2013, 21:11
i love how people in this forums could not answer my question

Sorry, I just gave my last spare code to someone. :/

I didn't get a code from ANY of my E-mails myself. Nice people gave me mine.

Sorry...Keep trying to ask around on other sites.

member_10501759
14th Jun 2013, 22:01
Man Im still waiting for this freaking game to download! Why is my internet SOOO SLOW??

member_10628026
14th Jun 2013, 23:09
PSN: OvanXD

Male Miqo'te/ Seeker of the Sun

Name: Exodus Hamlett

HF.f1Aw
14th Jun 2013, 23:42
i have no work tommorow so ill be on sunrise to sundown ( my gf will be too ocupied playing ragnarok onlien to care) mwahahhaa. so anyone want to meet up early? go leveling ( im lvl 6-7 right now black mage) just pm me with what time u wil be on or if u want we can jsut make new chars or watever :3 that way we get to know each other beter so we wont stlil be strangers by launch lol

Moondoggie7
15th Jun 2013, 03:45
We all have these problems and we post them on their site but yet SE hasnt told us whats wrong.. They need to take care of the situation..

You15
15th Jun 2013, 13:34
so if we are on different servers that means we cant play with each other right? if not add me Angel_of_Cha0s1 plz thnx. ready for party play

You15
15th Jun 2013, 13:35
im on chocobo server

Vanschiver
15th Jun 2013, 21:33
Is there one?

rossrob0083
15th Jun 2013, 22:46
I'm testing on the ps3 so far I haven't really seen or noticed any signs of ppl RP, I'm sure it'll happen, hell if need I'll start the trend. The game does offer alot in terms of being able to have that rp community.

Nova419
16th Jun 2013, 17:34
If there isn't already one I would be more than happy to start one up on Enjin. It would be nice to have a place for all the RP guilds to converge and plot/hangout

demyxx
16th Jun 2013, 17:42
We were discussing this one the forums lol.

So far I am seeing people saying Behemoth is one, but moreso is Balmung and Cataur.

Balmung is in the top though.

Nova419
16th Jun 2013, 17:44
Oh ... for some reason I thought the question was about RP community website. My bad :P

demyxx
16th Jun 2013, 17:46
Oh ... for some reason I thought the question was about RP community website. My bad :P

Wait, were we? I thought he meant one in-game. xD

Nova419
16th Jun 2013, 17:48

Wait, were we? I thought he meant one in-game. xD

You know both is a good question to be answered. What server the RP community is going to converge and if there is a community website for us to hang on.

demyxx
16th Jun 2013, 17:50
They devs already said they were discussing this. There WILL be a RP server. Thing is, we kinda don't got all day.

They need to hurry and tell us which one is going to a disengated server. Once official releases and P4 we won't be able to switch.

It's a question, rather now than letter.

HF.f1Aw
16th Jun 2013, 23:34
uhhh i was just making a random linkshell forum but if u want it can also have a RP subsection for thos eof you who want one @_@

still a work in progess so give me a minute and ill get to creatin

abusementpark.enjin.com/home (http://abusementpark.enjin.com/home)

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 23:50
I haven't heard of anything dedicated to RP myself. Not that I have a problem with people doing it, I just don't enjoy it myself. I tend to steer away from those communities because I don't know what to say and I find it awkward. Anyhow, I haven't heard of a dedicated RP server or anything yet. We could always ask for one in the beta forums. FF games tend to attract a lot of RP so they may listen to that request.

Does everyone on an RP server actually RP? I saw a guy I know use an RP server in The Secret World game and it was like NO ONE did any RP. Just curious.

x3Noctis
17th Jun 2013, 00:54
I haven't heard of anything dedicated to RP myself. Not that I have a problem with people doing it, I just don't enjoy it myself. I tend to steer away from those communities because I don't know what to say and I find it awkward. Anyhow, I haven't heard of a dedicated RP server or anything yet. We could always ask for one in the beta forums. FF games tend to attract a lot of RP so they may listen to that request.

Does everyone on an RP server actually RP? I saw a guy I know use an RP server in The Secret World game and it was like NO ONE did any RP. Just curious.

In Tera, they have a roleplay server, tons of people do it. And some roleplays are private chatted and such, maybe in guild chats and such. But I saw a lot of it in Tera.

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 01:58
A dev (Bayohne I believe) posted a reply on the Lodestone forums regarding an RP server. They are discussing the possibility of an official designation for a server or group of, if demand is high enough. As was previously mentioned, currently Balmung legacy server is the most well known RP community of FF:ARR, and they are somewhere around the 20% in terms of server population.

santanathagod
17th Jun 2013, 21:57
Is there any chance that we can see the servers up before the weekend ?

demyxx
17th Jun 2013, 22:08
Yes.

Friday at 2am.

If you don't wanna count Friday a weekend lol.

santanathagod
17th Jun 2013, 23:12
Yes.

Friday at 2am.

If you don't wanna count Friday a weekend lol.

Thanks for the replay and i cant complain its better even playing on sat

thanks for replying and answering my question hope u enjoying the beta as much as I am

lalaloca
18th Jun 2013, 03:32
hey, im new to the mmo's (this is my first one), so forgive me if i get a few things wrong. here's my info:

psnID: lalaloca

in-game name: Ivalice Alcid (female/hyur)

im lvl 5 dragoon or lancer, i can't remember which, lol. guess i'll figure it out this weekend. hope to see u guys there.

Madara-Light
18th Jun 2013, 06:21
Psn: SAEEA1

in-game name: MaskedManl

Level 15 lancer add me if you like i need a party

member_10140953
18th Jun 2013, 08:37
Hey guys my psn: kryzz0 I still don't know what I'll be playing by release. Got time to decide ... for now I'm playing lancer anyone on beta add me to party for next test of phase 3. I'm down for guild also

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 08:41
Thank you guys for posting here! cant wait to play with you all in the Beta, if you dont mind could u please refer to the next post on this page and add your PSN name and server to the list?

member_10547357
18th Jun 2013, 10:04
Hi y'all... is this only ps3 players? I'm in Behemoth too, two friends and I and is possible a 4th, we were lucky and got 4 betas (I got 2 but one of my friends didn't), I had my beta since phase 1. Anyway... I've been playing a bit since I also played around 8-10 months on 1.0, if anyone feels like need help or want to know something about the game (I don't know all but some) fell free to ask me. My ingame name is Chaneke (lol)... so cya there (got gld and cnj around 16-17).

member_10547357
18th Jun 2013, 10:05
forgot to say that we all are pc players

member_10544919
18th Jun 2013, 17:32
Male miqo'te archer
Psn jrush21

HF.f1Aw
18th Jun 2013, 17:48
Male miqo'te archer Psn jrush21

Please add your information to the spreadsheet

member_10313782
19th Jun 2013, 08:09
The one site I found with the RP community that is growing and established would be here: ffxiv-roleplayers.com/ (http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/)

exo2400
19th Jun 2013, 13:00
PSN: Il_LoGic

I'm gonna create a male Miqo'te and make him a lancer

HF.f1Aw
19th Jun 2013, 19:07
I dont really want to move towards a legacy server with a bunch o flvl 50's etc etc :/ so i'm hoping for them to make a dedicated rp server and if not sicne most of us are behemoth Anyone want to start up an RP community on behemoth?

member_10454670
19th Jun 2013, 22:42
I dont really want to move towards a legacy server with a bunch o flvl 50's etc etc :/ so i'm hoping for them to make a dedicated rp server and if not sicne most of us are behemoth Anyone want to start up an RP community on behemoth?

I had the same thought. It's certainly worth discussion - if there is enough demand lets do it.

Paladin_Locke
20th Jun 2013, 16:01
I think tomorrow (the 21st) I'm going to put my next character on Behemoth. I want to stop using my lancer in Gridania because I don't want to spoil that storyline too much since I'll be using it on the official launch. I'll probably make a Marauder so I can see a bit of the Limsa storyline. Either that or a Gladiator to get used to tanking things. Any thoughts?

Reaper83
20th Jun 2013, 16:18
The Marauder looks pretty cool but on launch Ill be going Gladiator so I can become a Paladin

HF.f1Aw
20th Jun 2013, 16:24
yves please add your informtion to the spreadsheet