PDA

View Full Version : Weird Things Are Happening...

Gemslug
29th Sep 2002, 13:01
Alot of weird stuff is happening in Startopia.
Some of It's cool - but most of it isn't.
For instance it drives me insane that Startopia disabled the music (the Startopia music at the start and the in play music) and I can't turn it back on. Or the fact that it crashes for no apprent reason. I suspect my processor-it is old. What do you think?:confused: :confused:

Arctic_Wolf
29th Sep 2002, 16:20
I think you should download the patches.

Gemslug
29th Sep 2002, 19:31
I tried that...
The only thing that helps is un-installing and re-installing the game. Wait a second, maybe it has something to do with the mods I've put on(it stopped playing music after I used the mods!).

AlphaOmega
30th Sep 2002, 00:11
Hmmm, that's a very odd error.

Are you installing the mods -after- you patch?

Gemslug
30th Sep 2002, 15:22
Good question; the anwser is I used the patch after installing the mods(because it only played up, after installing the mods).

AlphaOmega
2nd Oct 2002, 03:01
Hmm, give it a try patch then mods, after a clean re-install. If thats no good try getting new drivers for your computer and report back.

Hand-E-Food
3rd Oct 2002, 05:32
Are the mods just missions or data files as well?

Gemslug
4th Oct 2002, 15:00
I've patched to version 1.1 and have tried the mod done by DMA57361(Trader Corner). No problems so far.

Gemslug
9th Oct 2002, 19:26
Think I've found problem. The drive I had it on had bad clusters and is damaged. Onto something else I saw two weird things (with patch on) while playing a sandbox. One, aliens froze by a sleeping pod until I beamed up the pod. Two aliens slid along the floor instead of walking. Solutions anyone?

Hand-E-Food
9th Oct 2002, 22:06
I think a gorgon from one of your Dungeon and Dragons games has gotten loose and is petrifying peeps on your station. (You got a better idea?)

Gemslug
15th Oct 2002, 17:23
Blast it! On mission 10, some of my residents froze up by the dine-o-mat. It makes things impossible to do.

Hand-E-Food
16th Oct 2002, 10:15
Just pack it up and re build it. Frustrating, yes, but it saves more frustration later on.