PDA

View Full Version : Commercials

Aquarius
28th Sep 2002, 01:50
So I'm just wondering, has anyone here ever bought a cd because they heard the song in a commercial on tv, and then decided they wanted to buy the cd?? lol

I'm about to that!!! :D lol You know, I just keep seeing that Mitsubishi commercial with the song by Dirty Vegas, so I have to go and buy the cd. lol I keep seeing it so often, that the tv's telling me that I want to, so I should. :p

Enough of my rambling, lol, so has anyone ever been 'brainwashed' by the commercials, that they just had to go and get the cd? ;)

TombRaiderChik
28th Sep 2002, 02:27
lol i downloaded that dirty vegas song over the summer! :D but i cant think of any commercial that made me wanna buy a cd. i know ive dl a bunch of songs ive heard on commercials. but buy a cd? naw i dont even think id do that and waste money on it :p

Kurtis Trent
28th Sep 2002, 02:32
Originally posted by Aquarius
So I'm just wondering, has anyone here ever bought a cd because they heard the song in a commercial on tv, and then decided they wanted to buy the cd?? lol

I'm about to that!!! :D lol You know, I just keep seeing that Mitsubishi commercial with the song by Dirty Vegas, so I have to go and buy the cd. lol I keep seeing it so often, that the tv's telling me that I want to, so I should. :p

Enough of my rambling, lol, so has anyone ever been 'brainwashed' by the commercials, that they just had to go and get the cd? ;)

Although I hate that song, its pretty cool how that lady moves her arms!!!:D:D:D:D

Cyber_Punk_303
28th Sep 2002, 03:10
Moby, and THE MATRIX!!! The kick-ANUS techno on the Matrix commercials clicked with me instantaneously.

You know the Matrix car? I think it's a Nissan or something... Anyhoo, there's this AWESOME techno song on the Matrix car commercial... I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!!! Does anyone know where it is? It played at theatres at one point.

*Doom doom tsoo tshh!*

It's mostly movie commercials that have the best music in my opinion. And gap commercials. Lol.

TombRaiderChik
28th Sep 2002, 03:38
i know exactly wut ure talking bout!! omg thats gonna bug me now! i know the name of that song on the commercial! aaahh! ill try and find it in my playlist. may take me a bit i have over 1000 songs :p

edit: is it ian van dhal(sp??) castles in the sky??

Lil Lara
28th Sep 2002, 04:44
Sorry, I have no clue what song you are talking about.

Techno is fun. :D

the_internet_king
28th Sep 2002, 08:58
i love the jack ass theme tune ) but i ddont no were 2 buy it or wot its called ))

TombRaiderChik
28th Sep 2002, 14:24
ooh! i have that downloaded too :p

im not sure whos it buy but if you have like kazaa or winmx or aimster or w/e just look up 'Jackass Theme Song' and it should work:)

Solaris
28th Sep 2002, 14:54
Well it wasnt a commercial, but the theme song of Friends really caught on me, so i put on a mix cd i had.

To bad it was a one hit wonder:p

Dirty Vegas? i love that song! :D

LARAMANIAC
28th Sep 2002, 17:54
[i]Originally posted by Cyber_Punk_303
It's mostly movie commercials that have the best music in my opinion. And gap commercials. Lol. [/B]

Gap commercials are cool, its funny how even when I new one comes out you know immediately that it is a Gap advert!! Also the Calvin Klein adverts, you can tell just by the camera angels, colours etc that it is a Calvin Klein advert!!!

My two most favourite adverts are the Guiness advert with the horses running in the surf of a gigantic wave crashing on the beach - WOWWWW!!!! Also the advert for Levi's twisted jeans with the bloke and the lady running a race smashing through walls into peeps living rooms and then it ends on them running off the edge of a fallen tree - WOWWWWW!!!! The adverts are so much more entertaining than most of the programs on British telly!!

The new adverts just showing on British telly for BT Broadband are also very very cool!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

the_internet_king
1st Oct 2002, 18:37
i liked that sainsburys ad with dancin in the moonlite on :confused:

LeeO
1st Oct 2002, 18:53
I like the Gone A Bit Lara ones... I also like the one with the little girl how comes out of school and rushes to a really nice car and climbs in.

LADY DRIVING: Susan, isn't your mummy over there?
SUSAN: Shut up and drive!!!

Cyber_Punk_303
1st Oct 2002, 20:49
TombRaiderChick: YOU HAVE THE SONG FROM THE MATRIX CAR COMMERCIAL!?!?! Whoa, you gotta tell me the name of that song, please! I must have it!

Know which commercial kicks anus?

That new Nike ad where the chick comes out of her house - through her window, and runs and jumps on roofs'/tree's/posts/cars etc. to get to her classroom without being noticed. That's actually a real sport practiced alot in France called YAMAKASI!!! They made a movie out of it, friggin' wicked too.

TombRaiderChik
1st Oct 2002, 21:01
i love the nike commercial w/ the guy and hes being chased by a chiken :D and i think the song is called castles in the sky by ian van dhal. im not sure though, but i do know i have it...somewhere;)