PDA

View Full Version : Dreamworks vs. Ice Age!

Godfather
27th Sep 2002, 22:57
Disney started back in the '30s (I think) with making beautiful animation films of which Snowhite (of 1933; I should think) is the very first one. Dreamworks on the other hand isn't even 10 years old, but they're doing a great job and making it very difficult for Disney. They're a serious competitor.

Share your thoughts regarding this subject! What do y'all think of it?

Solaris
27th Sep 2002, 23:14
Another Poll!?

*ehem* I chose shrek because i like the movie, but dreamworks will probably fall down the line some time soon. Anyways Disney has lasted a long time, and will stay a long time to come!

:D

TombRaiderChik
28th Sep 2002, 00:40
i love all those movies!!...havent seen monsters inc tho. i loved the emperors new grove that was an awesome movie! so was shrek!!! and ice age<---i loved the squirrel!! :p :D

so i cannot decied i loved them all!

i think them and disney are great but i think disney will always be number 1. :)

Kurtis Trent
28th Sep 2002, 03:02
Out of those I've only seen Shrek so, yeah..........theres my vote. :D

DaveJ
28th Sep 2002, 07:47
Shrek is on a par with the very best in Disney classics of old.

Sadly not even Disney are on a par with old Disney anymore.

And the inclusion of Monster's Inc - a Pixar movie released through Disney - is a bit like stealing someone else's thunder.

V_Croft
28th Sep 2002, 10:22
Of those, I've only seen Ice Age... and I liked it a lot! (@Tombraiderchick: Yeshy, the squirrel was cute, indeed :p !).

But Disney wil always be Number1...

@Dagger of Xian: Your sig rocks! ;)

TombRaiderChik
28th Sep 2002, 14:30
all he wanted was his acorn!!! :D those were probably the funniest scenes in that movie with the squirrel and trying to eat the acorn:p

Solaris
28th Sep 2002, 14:57
Originally posted by V_Croft

@Dagger of Xian: Your sig rocks! ;) \

Why thank you, thank you.

But more thanks to Mr. Chronicles 5 for making me this sig!:D