PDA

View Full Version : I'm Ashamed!

Lady in Black
27th Sep 2002, 20:34
I heard from www.tombnews.com that Angelina has a stunt double in the new film. It's a man which is the funny part. But, I was hoping that Angelina wouldn't have to have a stunt double. I was hoping to hear that all the stunts in the new movie was from her, not a guy. :mad: This makes me mad.

thanhkim
27th Sep 2002, 21:01
AJ seemed she could do stunts maybe the new director didn't want to risk aj being splattered I don't know.

LARAMANIAC
27th Sep 2002, 21:04
This is actually already being discussed here:-
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5930

Take a looksee!!!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

Cyber_Punk_303
27th Sep 2002, 21:18
COOL! Thanks for the link! I can't wait until TR2!!! YEAH!!! I just hope it actually IS better than the first movie...

I can't believe they used a man to represent Angelina and Lara, how sick!!!

Aw well, does anyone know how long Angie trained for TR2? I know in TR1 she trained for 3 months. I expect the training was even rougher this time.

TombRaiderChik
27th Sep 2002, 21:30
if you guys read the article it does say that they had trouble finding her a stunt double for the dangerous stunts. im not mad at all by it! i think its better than like no good stunts in the movie at all :)

Lady in Black
27th Sep 2002, 21:51
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
if you guys read the article it does say that they had trouble finding her a stunt double for the dangerous stunts. im not mad at all by it! i think its better than like no good stunts in the movie at all :)
But the last movie she had NO stunt double and there was stunts in the last movie. I was hoping that once again AJ won't have any stunt double. Like the one dude said on the TR DVD, "It's great that your leading lady does all the stunts without a stunt double."

LARAMANIAC
27th Sep 2002, 21:54
But if Angelina can't handle the stunts in the new movie would you rather they left them out or got a stunt double to do them??? Think I'd rather they got a stunt double in - want to see a good movie!!! I think thats all TombraiderChik meant!!!

TombRaiderChik
27th Sep 2002, 21:56
thank you laramaniac :)

but also the last movie im sure the stunts angelina was able to do. and this movie maybe there are some more advanced stunts that she cannot do. get wut i mean? ;)

Lady in Black
27th Sep 2002, 22:08
I guess I get what you mean. But, I was hoping AJ would be the perfect Lara Croft because for sure if Lara Croft was in this film I'm sure she would get everything perfectly right. lol:p

LARAMANIAC
27th Sep 2002, 22:11
Got to agree with you there Lady in Black!!! But somehow I feel the game character Lara Croft will never ultimately be found in the human race!!!!

TombRaiderChik
27th Sep 2002, 22:22
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
But somehow I feel the game character Lara Croft will never ultimately be found in the human race!!!!

i would ahve to strongly agree w/ u on that! no one can compare to the "real" lara croft :D

DaveJ
28th Sep 2002, 07:43
Its for insurance reasons. The movie can't afford to lose time if AJ gets injured during shooting.

This film obviously has much more dangerous stunts than the previous one.
And you won't be able to tell its a stunt double OR a man in the finished movie.

Many actresses stunt-doubles are men....have you ever spotted one?

And bear this in mind...if Vin Diesel had done all his own stunts on 'XXX', he would be dead now.*

Not even stunt-doubles are invulnerable sadly.
And I'm sure you'd hate to see that happen to AJ.

* (A stunt double died performing a stunt during the making of that movie.)

Data
28th Sep 2002, 09:47
Originally posted by DaveJ

Does this mean that men are more expendable perhaps? :D

DaveJ
28th Sep 2002, 09:50
Not really....just that after having constant exposure to women, they are capable of taking far more punishment than their contra-gender counterparts.

TombRaiderChik
28th Sep 2002, 14:34
LOL data!! :p

didnt angie sprain her ankel last time and drop simons arm or leg on her foot too?

Lady in Black
28th Sep 2002, 15:52
Its for insurance reasons. The movie can't afford to lose time if AJ gets injured during shooting.

This film obviously has much more dangerous stunts than the previous one.
And you won't be able to tell its a stunt double OR a man in the finished movie.

And bear this in mind...if Vin Diesel had done all his own stunts on 'XXX', he would be dead now.*

Not even stunt-doubles are invulnerable sadly.
And I'm sure you'd hate to see that happen to AJ.

* (A stunt double died performing a stunt during the making of that movie.)
I know.:) But, it would sound cool if she did her own stunts even in this movie. But, like I said before it would be impossible to find someone who has the same capbilities as the real Lara.
P.S. The bonus thing you added, is that TRUE? A STUNT DOUBLE DIED ON THE FILM TR2??? Or were you talking about another movie?

DaveJ
28th Sep 2002, 16:33
I was referring to the Vin Diesel film, XXX.

One notorious instance of an actor not having a stunt double was actor Vic Morrow. He was killed on the set of 'The Twilight Zone' movie back in the 80's, when a helicopter lost control and the blade took his head off. Killed 2 others too.

That would've happened to whoever was there of course (actor or stunt double), but it did highlight the dangers involved.

LARAMANIAC
28th Sep 2002, 17:44
Last night as I was replying to this thread I knew our DaveJ would have a different angel on the reason for the stunt-double!!! And I was right!!!! ;)

Prelude
28th Sep 2002, 20:05
I do all my own stunts

Collin
28th Sep 2002, 20:22
You wouldn't want the same thing happening to AJ what happened to Brandon Lee in 'The Crow', now would you.

(Brandon Lee was shot during a fight scene and died, 'cause someone had used live ammo in one of the guns instead of blanks. They had to finished the movie with computer and earlier takes, or something.)

Lady in Black
29th Sep 2002, 00:02
I was referring to the Vin Diesel film, XXX.

One notorious instance of an actor not having a stunt double was actor Vic Morrow. He was killed on the set of 'The Twilight Zone' movie back in the 80's, when a helicopter lost control and the blade took his head off. Killed 2 others too.

That would've happened to whoever was there of course (actor or stunt double), but it did highlight the dangers involved.
Originally posted by Collin
You wouldn't want the same thing happening to AJ what happened to Brandon Lee in 'The Crow', now would you.

(Brandon Lee was shot during a fight scene and died, 'cause someone had used live ammo in one of the guns instead of blanks. They had to finished the movie with computer and earlier takes, or something.)
All I have to say is, "OUCH!" :eek:

Prelude
29th Sep 2002, 00:15
The film was almost finished it happened in one of the last scene to be shot (no pun intended) They used a double and earlier takes to finish the film with the permission of his family. It was the end of the son of a legend, and now a legend in his own right.

Brandon Lee lives on in my heart. It can't rain all the time....

DaveJ
29th Sep 2002, 08:26
From the Urban Legends reference page:
According to newspaper and magazine accounts, the scene in question was staged early in the morning of March 31, 1993, in Wilmington, North Carolina. The scene was the death of Lee's character, Eric Draven, at the hands of street thugs, and was a pivotal plot element to the movie. Lee was to walk in through a door carrying a bag of groceries. Actor Michael Massee, who played Funboy, fired a revolver loaded with blanks at Lee. To complete the illusion, a small explosive charge was to go off in the grocery bag. Unfortunately, a fragment of a dummy bullet, used earlier in close-up shots, was lodged in the barrel, and the blank charge propelled the fragment into Lee's side, fatally wounding him.

the last frustration
6th Oct 2002, 02:43
Originally posted by Lady in Black

But the last movie she had NO stunt double and there was stunts in the last movie. I was hoping that once again AJ won't have any stunt double. Like the one dude said on the TR DVD, "It's great that your leading lady does all the stunts without a stunt double."

Not true. Angie did most of the stunts, but not all. The DVD says that she did all the stunts in the bungee scene, but it also says that the motorcycle jump scene was actually a male stunt double with a bit o' padding in the chest.

:p