PDA

View Full Version : Erm. Hi.

DMA57361
27th Sep 2002, 12:30
Well . . it's been a while since I've popped by here. Unfortunatly sorting out stuff in RL got the better of me.

I'm off to University tomorrow so things will either get a lot worse or a lot better.

Either way, wish me luck - and hopefully I'll be spending more time here that I have recently.

AlphaOmega
30th Sep 2002, 00:07
Hey DMA. You know this place sucks without you.

Ct0fDiscord
30th Sep 2002, 01:35
I've been busy too.

Well, not really. But thats always a good excuse for almost anything. :)

DMA57361
30th Sep 2002, 09:13
Hey.

University is good . . or at least so far (but that's because the lectures haven't started yet ;)) - as you can see I get an internet connection which works perfectly . .

:D Be back later . . .

EDIT - Oh yeah. And the Cider here is very cheap . . . so if I make posts late at night which make no sense you know why . . .

MunkeeChum
1st Oct 2002, 18:03
Originally posted by DMA57361

EDIT - Oh yeah. And the Cider here is very cheap . . . so if I make posts late at night which make no sense you know why . . .

All Hail White Lightning :D:p

DMA57361
2nd Oct 2002, 19:06
White Lightening? No. The stuff here is Strongbow . . .

But Cider is better than Lager / Beer as I can drink loads without the after-taste making me gag.

And it's only £1.65 a pint . . . almost £1 cheaper than my local (which, currently, is 3hrs away). So I'm happy . . . *hic*

NOTE -> I'm not an alcholic before you get that impression. I've never had more than 6 pints of the stuff in one evening. Just to clean this up before the slander starts. ;)

EDIT:
I also was going to mention that the internet connection here is like wonderful. I did a test at a quiet time (~12midnight) and was getting a steady 250Kb/s download speeds at 10ms pings from UK servers . . . .

Me wants one o' these at home.

Hand-E-Food
15th Oct 2002, 09:10
Mmmm... Strongbow.

Now with the semi-tasty White "get pissed quick" flavour.

Mucky Foot
17th Oct 2002, 12:51
Originally posted by DMA57361
NOTE -> I'm not an alcholic before you get that impression. I've never had more than 6 pints of the stuff in one evening. Just to clean this up before the slander starts. ;)

Six pints is quite a /lot/ you know. =)
Just try not to make it every night, neh?

~MetalDog

(who is A) Still alive! and B) will get around to answering the 'kilter' question just as soon as she finds her old ref books)

DMA57361
17th Oct 2002, 13:54
It's a lot? Hmmm. Fair enough - I'll stop using my dad as a gauge ;)

Actually I've probably not drunk beyond 15 pints total since arriving. Mainly because I'm not bothered about getting drunk, which some people see as a must for an evening . . . anyway.

But I have discovered it's a £38.60 for a return ticket & 3 hour ride (each way) to visit home on the trains. Expensive. I could feed myself on that for a week.

Anyway. After almost three weeks I recommend University to anyone who will be getting to that point soon. You meet great people and as long as you pick a subject that you enjoy it's good fun as well.