PDA

View Full Version : Request for SR3

ray023
25th Sep 2002, 23:44
To the developers of the LOK series, it is the humble request of this dedicated LOK gamer that you implement the controls that were available in the original Soul Reaver. Specifically, I'm referring to the Left/Right panoramic views and also the look-around available when pressing them simultaneously.

Nothing was cooler to me than to turn the camera and soak in the scenery while pushing Raziel through his epic. I also found it easier to control the character during gameplay.

If anything, please make this option customizable.

Thank you.

Naja
26th Sep 2002, 00:02
But doesn't SR2 have that option as well? I just played it and I was able to view around using R2 and moving the right analog stick. Well, I was accustomed to using both R1 and L1 in SR1, but I think it was simpler with just using R2 in SR2.

Anubis_Orr
26th Sep 2002, 03:31
Yes this option is available in SR2... just make sure in your config that you don't have Mouse+Keyboard as controller, or else the mouse is your "look around device" if you just have keyboard I believe it defaults to "0(numpad)" and right ctrl.

Naja
26th Sep 2002, 05:38
I'm sorry. I always assume that people play on the PS2 because that's what my friends and I use. My bad.

keepittrue
27th Sep 2002, 00:34
I agree with Ray

Secrets Of Nosgoth
7th Oct 2002, 06:44
It's been so long since I played SR1 I forgot the control scheme. When I played it (thanks to the compilation from eidos), I loved it. And I then played SR2 when I finished SR1 and had to get used to those default controls. I realized I liked the originals more.

But, I'd rather have an improved gameplay/fighting engine and a different control scheme than have the same gameplay/fighting engine and the same control scheme as SR1 or 2.

blincoln
16th Dec 2002, 19:27
The PC version has controls identical to the PS2, as long as you use a gamepad. I assume it's the same with the keyboard, although I don't know for sure since I hate keyboard control.
A lot of people seem to have trouble figuring out the lookaround and pan controls. I wonder if they're using the mouse?

fneh
16th Dec 2002, 22:04
SR2 had this....

you just moved R3 left or right instead of the shoulder buttons.....

this worked a LOT better and freed up the L1 button for the block button........:rolleyes:

See chris? You answer one request and a whole army follow!!;)

FireSnake
17th Dec 2002, 14:49
Ummm... As I recall, SR2 had this option, yeah.

I think SR3 should...

-be even longer than SR
-have even better combat-system than BO2
-have an even better story than SR2
-have even better cinematics (both cut-scenes and FMV's) than SR2
-the same good ol' dialogues as all the games have. ;)
-be even more DIFFICULTIER than ALL LoK games put together.
WE WANT CHALLENGE! Don't we guys? :D

And PLUS - an OUTSTANDING and neverforgettable ending that absolutely NO ONE can predict!!! :D :D :D

solidsnake
22nd Dec 2002, 07:46
I dunno if you can get better cutscenes dude. You can damn-near reade their lips when they talk(not Raz of course:p ). Unless you mean all cutscenes like the opening fmv or the BO scenes.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Dec 2002, 07:57
LOL.
If you're wanting Glyphx-style FMV's it's going to more than likely, take multiple disks to achieve.

solidsnake
22nd Dec 2002, 08:36
While multiple discs would be cool, I'm more than happy w/ the job they did w/ the cutscenes in SR2. I am just worried that they might not be able to top such a great game... it's this bad thought in the back of my mind(I try to banish it tho) that says the only place to go is down from such a great storyline from SR2.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Dec 2002, 08:42
I am not for the multiple-disc idea myself. (And I don't believe Blinc is either). :p

A great story can sure be lost with 3 billion fancy movies and 12 discs LOL. And I don't wish to see that happen.

Besides, with the last two SR installments, it's pretty clear, that the third will stay true-to-form and follow their lead. (With a fancy FMV at the beginning and/or the end and the regular FMV sequences in the middle).

I thought the FMV's were decent in the last two games, and didn't take away from the story. I would not be opposed to a extra FMV/Dark Diary-type section, not put directly into the game though. Maybe like a series recap or something.

EDIT: Touched up a spelling error.

solidsnake
22nd Dec 2002, 08:44
Definitely... a series recap that you could view outside of the game... like the stuff you've already completed would be very nice. And off the subject... u don't know how much I like being in this forum... I am currently talking to some very LOW IQ people in some Splinter Cell forum who INSIST on immature arguments on which console is better. It's pathetic and makes me proud to be here w/ intelligent people.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Dec 2002, 08:50
Originally posted by solidsnake
Definitely... a series recap that you could view outside of the game... like the stuff you've already completed would be very nice. And off the subject... u don't know how much I like being in this forum... I am currently talking to some very LOW IQ people in some Splinter Cell forum who INSIST on immature arguments on which console is better. It's pathetic and makes me proud to be here w/ intelligent people.

Well, I am glad you enjoy this forum so much. I do as well (for the most part). :p
There are times when the low-IQ begins infecting our stomping grounds. And hopefully the console-war debate is over. (It wasn't as hard to tolerate when the systems were new). :p

solidsnake
22nd Dec 2002, 08:57
Agreed :) We all know Dreamcast was the best anyway.:p

Vampmaster
22nd Dec 2002, 12:27
You know the scene at the very end when Raziel is impaled by the Reaver. Well there is not one scene there that isn't in game graphics. All the way up to history abhors a paradox. I know this because I can move Raz around with the high speed codes throughout.

darien_specter
11th Jan 2003, 05:31
... Ray I would agree with you, and did when I first played SR2. But if you download the update for the PC version, then this option is again included in the game. And those panoramas are gorgeous, you're right... get it from Eidos' site and get in on what you're missing!

And Secrets... you, too, are right. And I, too, disliked the new control scheme. So I changed it. You can go in to the Options (it's been awhile, so I forget exactly where, but I'm sure you can find it... poke around under Controls) and remap the control keys. I set it up just the same as SR1... and in fact I did the same with BO2, for that matter. And BO1 when I played it. SR1 had a great PC control scheme... unless, of course, you're using a PS2. But maybe you can still change it, who knows...

Losturel
11th Jan 2003, 06:14
My only request is that we can see Turel in this game

Umah Bloodomen
12th Jan 2003, 21:49
Originally commented by Amy Hennig in her response to warpsavant
I know people are anxious to (finally) meet Turel, and hope he's in SR3.
Let's put it this way... we absolutely have not forgotten about Turel; he's a critical piece of the puzzle.

FireSnake
23rd Jan 2003, 14:31
Oh, hi everyone.

I posted my last response in this thread a long time ago and forgot all about it.

Sorry, but I WASN'T referring that the cut-scenes in SR3 should be (Glyph X) FMV-style. No, lol. As You all said, it requires gazillions (okay, tens) of discs.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Btw - Amy's response makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :p :D

- Matthew

chinese-soul-eater
28th Jan 2003, 03:00
I think they could do like what they did in Onimusha 2

use normal cutscenes for the least important and the kool graphics cutscenes for the important cutscenes

those of you who played onimusha 2 know what im talking about

support me here

DMraider
28th Jan 2003, 20:17
Ahh maybe but onimusha 2 is boring after you compleet the game 1 or 2 times you only kill 10000 demons....

chinese-soul-eater
28th Jan 2003, 21:19
Yea but im not really tlking about how cool the game is im talking about how they would be able to use the different graphic cut scenes

and i played onimusha 2 about 4 times by the way cause i wanted to get all the other character scenarios

kotaros scenario is the koolest befcause i like ninja's

the guy with the gun his scenario is pretty kool to

DMraider
9th Feb 2003, 00:10
I've completed it 2 times
I only havent seen much movies of the fat guy w/spear