PDA

View Full Version : SR1 soundtrack

Malygris
25th Sep 2002, 01:19
Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to extract the music from Soul Reaver into MP3 (or whatever) format? I've been looking all over the place and I see various references to "ripping" it, but I've had no luck finding out how to actually go about doing it.

Thanks.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
26th Sep 2002, 05:52
I have hardware and a program called Dazzle that allows me to do it. Unfortunately right now my computer is too unstable that Dazzle software freezes after 2 or so minutes of recording. It is expensive around $150, and I'm sure there are much more cost efficeint ways to do it.

Anyways, I would like to take this space to try to convince Eidos to actually start to sell this highly sought after piece of merchandise. I've tried to get it on CD myself but have no luck on auctions. It's impossible to find. And unfortuantely I'm not artist and can't win the Eidos LoK art contest they are holding.

I'm sure most of us in here would gladly pay $20 for this. There are soundtracks for games for sale at stores that don't even have good music, c'mon Eidos, get with the program. The music in the LoK series is the best ever. Sell it please!

Power reaver
26th Sep 2002, 08:25
Use Goldwave , its free and its good . Blincoln recommended it to me a long time ago . It can rip out all the music from the file then you can cut it and save it as mp3s . You can get it at http://www.goldwave.com

I dont remember the exact setting to rip out the music correctly though since SR is not curruntly installed on my PC (had to format my drive) . Blincoln is going to have to fill in that for you . But play around with the software , you may just get it .

Secrets Of Nosgoth
12th Oct 2002, 22:25
Woohoo, I finally won this item on ebay. It came in the mail today! I'm so happy :) If only I preordered this game on release day, it would have been much easier.