PDA

View Full Version : UK peeps Meet



BeKs
23rd Sep 2002, 22:49
Hey guys i was just thinking we should all meet up!!

Have a few beers and such, it would be fun i think! Before christmas or something? What you think?

TombRaiderChik
23rd Sep 2002, 22:50
thatd sound fun













....if i lived in the uk :(

Prelude
23rd Sep 2002, 23:32
Did you say beer!!! :eek:

I'm there already

BTW hey beks me old mate, glad to see you back!

Tombraidachick
24th Sep 2002, 02:28
Originally posted by BeKs
Hey guys i was just thinking we should all meet up!!

Have a few beers and such, it would be fun i think! Before christmas or something? What you think?

yeah sounds great!!!!! where r we gonna meet? i'll skip the beer though no beer 4 me!! SO, whos gonna pay for my plain ticket?? ::looks around innocently (sp?):: :D :) :p

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 08:09
Where in the UK?

The last time we had one was here in Leeds...it drew in folk from Derby, Preston, Chester, Holland, Germany....

BeKs
24th Sep 2002, 09:31
Well hmmmm, I should really try and organise it somewhere i know (which isnt many places LOL) unless anyone wants to suggest a nice place ... DaveJ?

Leeds is quite far North for me (im poor see LOL) Maybe if we try and get somewhere kinda in the middle of those who wanna come? Unless youre Australian of course LOL

Leeds would be kewl if thats how it worked out last time LOL, I didnt really want to organsie a coach party. Just sorta .... Meet me in the Lamb and Flag and bring a tenner :p LOL.

THE True Lara
24th Sep 2002, 09:45
Originally posted by BeKs
Leeds is quite far North for me (im poor see LOL)

Where are you situated then, I'm in Sherborne, right down south :( heck, I'm 40 mins from the coast line!

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 11:02
My brain is still frazzled from 'organising' the last one....and that was a year ago!

Just plug a beer drip into me and prod me when someone says something funny....

Prelude
24th Sep 2002, 11:12
Well I kinda live in the middle, we could meet at my house, you know Hatfield House right?

*Prelude stops to think about her last statement. Spilt beer, broken furniture, missing priceless artefacts, Winston doing his pieces, cars parked in the fountain, unconscious bodies laying round the great hall, Beks doing a Lara and swinging from the chandeliers*

On second thoughts lets meet down the dog and duck.

THE True Lara
24th Sep 2002, 12:17
Originally posted by Prelude
Well I kinda live in the middle, we could meet at my house, you know Hatfield House right?

*Prelude stops to think about her last statement. Spilt beer, broken furniture, missing priceless artefacts, Winston doing his pieces, cars parked in the fountain, unconscious bodies laying round the great hall, Beks doing a Lara and swinging from the chandeliers*

On second thoughts lets meet down the dog and duck.

ooowwwwwwwwwww :(
There goes my fun weekend.

hummmm..... that would be kind of ironic though, if we did meet up at Hatfield.

*strokes chin* hummm..............

CatSuit&Ponytail
24th Sep 2002, 13:58
Originally posted by DaveJ
Where in the UK?

The last time we had one was here in Leeds...it drew in folk from Derby, Preston, Chester, Holland, Germany....

It did??? Hey sounds like fun! ;) :D

You were a delightful host, dear....I hope you didn't have too much trouble from the police over that unfortunate incident with the snowmobiles and the neighbour's roof.......

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 14:12
My word we went through a fortune in chandeliers to swing from, eh?

Happy happy days.

When are you due for a landing again?
Next year?

CatSuit&Ponytail
24th Sep 2002, 14:28
I am sure we can make the swim again, in fact, I think I even figured out a way to disuade the crocs, hehehehe :D

We'll pull something together and terrorize the countryside with you when the calendar cooperates again, eh? All the heavenly bodies need to be in proper alignment, so to speak. ;)

GoranAgar
24th Sep 2002, 14:51
Määääääääääääh confirmed interest as well. So count us in. How about April or May?

BTW, how and where is blondie? I want her to be there too!

BeKs
24th Sep 2002, 14:53
April or May sounds goooood to me, flip a coin and pick one hehe:p

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 15:05
blondie is still around...just got back from her hols.

She hasn't dipped her toes into these new forums yet though, I think.

April/May work for me!

dhama
24th Sep 2002, 16:55
Sounds absolutely smashing what.... I must warn you though, I don't drink (so I guess that means i'm a boring old fart) and I don't like Tomb Raider, but apart from that I'm game :D

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 17:26
Do you mud wrestle?

Miss Croft
24th Sep 2002, 17:36
Well I live in Blackpool and probably wouldn't be able to get too far south

dhama
24th Sep 2002, 17:59
Originally posted by DaveJ
Do you mud wrestle?


Well Dave, what an offer :D It seems you don't just want me for my intellectual repertoire after all....... He He, I'm packing my trunks as we speak........... :D

dhama
24th Sep 2002, 18:00
Originally posted by Miss Croft
Well I live in Blackpool and probably wouldn't be able to get too far south


Was this in answer to DaveJ's question? :D

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 18:00
Oh, I'd be spectating.

More a jello man, myself.

Just me, Shannon Whirry and a tub of jello.....

Staticon
24th Sep 2002, 18:06
Maybe we could get Tony Blair to lend us the Milennium Dome? :D

dhama
24th Sep 2002, 18:13
Originally posted by DaveJ
Oh, I'd be spectating.

More a jello man, myself.

Just me, Shannon Whirry and a tub of jello.....

I can see why you have a fascination for her.........http://www.dhama.co.uk/SW.jpg :D

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 18:19
So thats where mine went!

Thought it was somewhere else for a little while.....

LARAMANIAC
24th Sep 2002, 21:26
WooooooooooHoooooooooo - what an excellent idea!!! Count me in - I live relatively near DaveJ up here in the north of England but, I have transport and drive relatively well on the motorway - although not for long spans of time - hehehehehehehe ;)!!! Hatfield would be a nice in the middle type place!!! As long as I can get cider instead of beer count me in!!!

April/May is good for me too!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

Polyanthus2001
25th Sep 2002, 00:35
Why dont you all go camping somewhere in the middle, might be fun, you could even manage some mud wrestling.:D

GoranAgar
25th Sep 2002, 06:59
Originally posted by Polyanthus2001
Why dont you all go camping somewhere in the middle

Camping sucks big time. Ack.

DaveJ
25th Sep 2002, 08:14
If its any consolation....you never struck me as the camp type, buddy....

BeKs
25th Sep 2002, 08:52
Damn i love camping! LOL

L Croft
25th Sep 2002, 09:34
It sound like a good idea but I don't know if my parents will let me come.:)
How about meeting up at chessington or alton towers.

GoranAgar
25th Sep 2002, 11:17
Originally posted by DaveJ
If its any consolation....you never struck me as the camp type, buddy....
Well maybe in your yard with a laptop that has a wireless lan connection to your pc, heeheehee.

THE True Lara
25th Sep 2002, 12:16
Originally posted by L Croft
It sound like a good idea but I don't know if my parents will let me come.:)
How about meeting up at chessington or alton towers.

Oh come one, you've got to do better than that, the US has the TR ride, and well, look what we can do, just off the top of my head we could;

* Break into Hatfield house
* Hold Landrover races across Tower Bridge
* Run through choice locations in Lara outfits scarring the pants off the general public
* Go on one of those team-building weekends the exec's always go on, and take it just a little bit too far......

the options are endless.

Or, if we did it soon, we could invade the current filming location of the next TR film and show them how it's really done! :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
25th Sep 2002, 12:28
THE True Lara, you're scaring me! :eek: Hehehehe ;)

And Dearest, camping builds character, now finish your Brussel Sprouts. ;) :D

DaveJ
25th Sep 2002, 12:43
Eat lots.
Drink lots.
Play games and watch movies till it gets light again.
Drink more.


If it ain't broke....don't fix it....

THE True Lara
25th Sep 2002, 12:59
Spoil sports :p

DaveJ
25th Sep 2002, 14:06
You can still do all those things dressed as Lara.

Of course, you might end up doing them ON YOUR OWN, but hey....

**angelic**
25th Sep 2002, 17:19
i would...but im only a LITTLE underage...but fake id's are good these days. Why not Oxford??? I live in Oxford. Oxford is good. That means I don't have to get up. May is good too. May 26th is my birthday. We should go then........i would get extra birthday presents.

Miss Croft
25th Sep 2002, 17:43
Originally posted by THE True Lara


* Break into Hatfield house
* Hold Landrover races across Tower Bridge
* Run through choice locations in Lara outfits scarring the pants off the general public
* Go on one of those team-building weekends the exec's always go on, and take it just a little bit too far......

the options are endless.

Or, if we did it soon, we could invade the current filming location of the next TR film and show them how it's really done! :D

Count me in - *grabs her brown shorts* - dunno if i should walk round with pistols though :p

how about preston?

THE True Lara
25th Sep 2002, 21:01
YIPPIE! Someone else to join the madness! :D
If you're unsure about the pistols just use Lucozade bottles instead ;)

LARAMANIAC
26th Sep 2002, 11:19
Originally posted by DaveJ
Eat lots.
Drink lots.
Play games and watch movies till it gets light again.
Drink more.


If it ain't broke....don't fix it....

That ^, to me sounds like a damned fine idea!!! Not bothered where we do it - lets just do it!!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

L Croft
26th Sep 2002, 12:20
Originally posted by **angelic**
i would...but im only a LITTLE underage
Me too.

GoranAgar
26th Sep 2002, 12:28
I am getting to old for this.

LARAMANIAC
26th Sep 2002, 15:17
Originally posted by GoranAgar
I am getting to old for this.

Surely age is merely a state of mind!! ;)
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

**angelic**
26th Sep 2002, 16:12
well....i really want to come, but would you want me there? (answer, girl in need of compliments) Oh, and if it was in December, i couldn't come, because im going xmas shopping in Germany. But it's not, so im okay.;)

DaveJ
26th Sep 2002, 17:24
This is last years rogues gallery...

http://phaideaux1.homestead.com/files/IMAGE027.JPG

From L to R: Marijn, Dr. John Oakland, TrueRaider, blondie, Catsuit&Ponytail, Goran Agar, DaveJ and katiexxx.


Pic from Marijn's collection.

THE True Lara
26th Sep 2002, 17:44
AAAAgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! REAL PEOPLE!!!!

I can't take this drastic revelation.
I must consult my psychiatrist imediately. :(



+ **angelic**, isn't Germany a long way to go for some bubble-bath and a box of Quality Street? ;)

**angelic**
26th Sep 2002, 18:19
Originally posted by THE True Lara
+ **angelic**, isn't Germany a long way to go for some bubble-bath and a box of Quality Street? ;)

LOL! No, I'm going with some friends, not just to buy xmas presents. But that would be good to just go for xmas presents, if i was rich enough. But...(she cries) I'm not. But on the other hand...if i was rich enough I would be in my mansion in Italy relaxing in one of my 5 swimming pools looking out over my 1000 acres of land, not in front of my computer.
(no compliments yet I see........)

Prelude
26th Sep 2002, 22:19
Originally posted by THE True Lara

* Break into Hatfield house*



Noooooooooooo!!!!!
You don't have to break in TTL, just knock on the door and I will let you in :D

My house (aka Hatfield House)
http://www.angie-croft.de/bilder/hatfieldhouse2.jpg

THE True Lara
26th Sep 2002, 22:25
Oh, Cheers love! :D

....I still get to swing on the chandliers, play on the bungee cords and drive through the house on a quad bike, right? ;)

Prelude
26th Sep 2002, 22:33
Oh lord, what have I done :(

JunoJIm
27th Sep 2002, 04:26
Nice Cottage, Prelude - where's the main house ???

Prelude
27th Sep 2002, 15:45
Cheeky minx ;)


Here it is from another view, mmm, look familar?

http://www.angie-croft.de/bilder/hatfieldhouse.jpg

JunoJIm
28th Sep 2002, 01:39
I'm not sure, was I swimming in that fish pond at one time ???

L Croft
29th Sep 2002, 14:32
Originally posted by THE True Lara


Oh come one, you've got to do better than that, the US has the TR ride, and well, look what we can do, just off the top of my head we could;

* Break into Hatfield house
* Hold Landrover races across Tower Bridge
* Run through choice locations in Lara outfits scarring the pants off the general public
* Go on one of those team-building weekends the exec's always go on, and take it just a little bit too far......

the options are endless.

Or, if we did it soon, we could invade the current filming location of the next TR film and show them how it's really done! :D

Sorry imagination is not my strong point.:)
Your ideas sound....interesting, but I have to agree with Dave J you might end up doing them on your own.:)

THE True Lara
29th Sep 2002, 14:39
:(

Prelude
29th Sep 2002, 14:52
Don't worry TTL, I'm up for being arrested!! I like your ideas, apart from the breaking into Hatfield House one of course. :D

@ JunoJIm you could have been swiming in the fountain, I don't remember I've had some pretty wild parties!!!!! I was more refering to the fact that Hatfield House is what Lara's house is based on, see it now?

moose562
1st Oct 2002, 20:19
!!!LONDON!!!

the capital of the world!

<ahem>

:rolleyes:

well I can say that, I live there! :p

god help me!

L Croft
2nd Oct 2002, 10:36
Originally posted by moose562
!!!LONDON!!!

the capital of the world!

<ahem>

:rolleyes:

well I can say that, I live there! :p

god help me!

London is good for me too

@TTL

Aww don't be upset they are good ideas it's just that I'm too shy to take part, but if you want to dress up as Lara I would love to see how people react:)

Miss Croft
2nd Oct 2002, 17:39
I won't be able to get down there :(

@TTL - Guess you'll be running round as Lara alone!

How about Preston?

Or Blackpool - after all, they're transforming it into the UKs Las Vegas, lots of people to scare

THE True Lara
2nd Oct 2002, 18:23
Originally posted by L Croft
@TTL

Aww don't be upset they are good ideas it's just that I'm too shy to take part, but if you want to dress up as Lara I would love to see how people react:)

I'm a terribly shy person in general, I was the girl who used to get the same words written on every single school report "quite & conciencious" but that's the fun of dressing up as a group; everyone else looks stupid, so you don't feel half as bad! Infact it's great to see the reaction you're directly provoking from the public!
Awhh come on, just a quick sprint down a busy street ;)

Kat
2nd Oct 2002, 20:02
I have really really have got to work on my fear of flying! Especially if it means getting to meet some great people!

LARAMANIAC
2nd Oct 2002, 22:43
Methinks the Americans may be landing on the bonnie shore of blighty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come and we'll welcome you good girl!!!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

JunoJIm
3rd Oct 2002, 02:24
@ JunoJIm you could have been swiming in the fountain, I don't remember I've had some pretty wild parties!!!!! I was more refering to the fact that Hatfield House is what Lara's house is based on, see it now?

Yes, I wondered about that - thanks (also about Lara's house - LOL) :D

L Croft
5th Oct 2002, 10:36
Originally posted by THE True Lara


I'm a terribly shy person in general, I was the girl who used to get the same words written on every single school report "quite & conciencious" but that's the fun of dressing up as a group; everyone else looks stupid, so you don't feel half as bad! Infact it's great to see the reaction you're directly provoking from the public!
Awhh come on, just a quick sprint down a busy street ;)

I have had quite and conciencious on so many school reports too :)
I agree doing things in groups makes them less embarrassing but I still don't think so.:)

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 10:44
oh well, it was worth a try :(

DaveJ
5th Oct 2002, 11:42
That does it!
I'm dressing up as Lara and scaring the whole damn lot of you!

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 12:52
YIPPIE!!! yippie!!! :D *dances room room* http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/spin2.gifYippie!!!

wait,

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/eek3.gif

what am I saying?!!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rsid/eek2.gif

BeKs
5th Oct 2002, 17:09
Now this is sommink i gotta see!!!! ROFLMAO :p

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 17:27
did you have to put that image in my head Beks.....

BlueSkiesXXV
11th Oct 2002, 10:16
DaveJ, that would be so comedy :D

Re: People dressing up in public.
A couple of years ago I was sitting outside a pub on a Friday night in Soho with some buddies.

You know, just winding down after a long week.
Then, from out of nowhere this guy ran past dressed as Luke Skywalker.

As you can imagine this produced a few raised eyebrows and some giggles.

About 30 seconds later two full on stormtroopers ran by.
The place erupted with laughter.

I still laugh about it today :D :D

THE True Lara
11th Oct 2002, 10:29
God I love it when things like that happen! :D:D:D
Every year I go to Memorablia with my pal Justin (it's a collectors fair in Brum) and each year we see loads of people who've come dressed up just for the fun of it, but the best part is always the stormtroopers, I think they must be employed to just hang about because they roam the halls outside the event in groups and you can just be stood minding your own business when all of a sudden 5 stormtroopers will come and surround you and look over your shoulder as if you were at moseisley or something?!?! Those guys are such a riot! ;)
I think it's nice for everyone else to see, let alone be a part of it, when I went to see the last Star Wars film me and a few friends took a couple of the full-size light & sound lightsabres in in my yoda back-pack (something we should have grown out of several decades ago, but hey..) and staged a lightsabre fight.... hilarious fun! :D:D

DaveJ
11th Oct 2002, 10:37
I went to Memorabilia a couple of years ago....a colleague of mine at the time ran a stall there.

Must try to make it to next years....it was great!

THE True Lara
11th Oct 2002, 10:48
The next one is the 16 & 17th November (I know because it's my last chance to go this year as I missed Augusts' :( )

if you want to keep tabs they have their own site now;
http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/

DaveJ
11th Oct 2002, 10:52
Coolio!

Hopefully I'll make it in November!

THE True Lara
11th Oct 2002, 10:55
hummmm a challenge, can I spot Dave in a crowed hall?......

fear ye not, you're perfectly safe; after 2 hours of walking round the one in March I still couldn't find the forbidden planet stall.... :( :rolleyes:

DaveJ
11th Oct 2002, 11:40
We've got a Forbidden Planet store here in Leeds...off there now in fact!

I usually go to the big shows to get the rarer stuff that FP don't have.

THE True Lara
11th Oct 2002, 12:30
The nearest FP's to me are Bristol and London! :rolleyes: :(

and as for the shows, I go for the atmosphere, ...and to see what all the 70's cult tv stars look like thse days ;)

DaveJ
11th Oct 2002, 14:09
I see Claudia Christian is going to be there.


Probably looking for the one fan she hasn't copped off with yet.....

THE True Lara
11th Oct 2002, 14:44
hummm... if only I knew how to reply to that comment......

CatSuit&Ponytail
16th Oct 2002, 13:14
Time to pull out my copy of "English for Dummies", eh? ;)

moose562
17th Oct 2002, 19:24
i heard that the disc world author terry pratchett is there in november or december signing his new book! :) FP in Oxford St that is! ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th Oct 2002, 15:41
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo Terry Pratchett is the worst kind of funny! The milk out of you nose kind of funny, he is.

Dr. John Oakland
22nd Jan 2003, 16:37
I know I'm late into this topic, but Lara's house in the game was based on Kedleston Hall, as written about in this article:

http://www.cubeit.com/ctimes/news/2000/10/news0640.html

Meet & Greets are fun :)