PDA

View Full Version : Show your support for Nell McAndrew!

MissLara2U
23rd Sep 2002, 00:32
FORMER LARA MODEL SUPPORTING CANCER

Former Lara Croft model Nell McAndrew is donating a blue and white striped bra for a charity auction to raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The Celebrity Survivor competitor joins pop temptress Kylie Minogue and soap diva Martine McCutcheon in donating their supporting undergarments for the October 8th Auction.

The Board of Sponsors of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is dedicated to increasing awareness of breast cancer issues, especially the importance of early detection of breast cancer. For more information on upcoming events and to support this worthy cause, please drop into http://www.nbcam.org

note to TR news webmasters. please feel free to use this article on your own websites. the more, the merrier! thanks!

M.

--
www.tombraiderchronicles.com
www.tombraiderforums.com

Kurtis Trent
23rd Sep 2002, 00:38
Thats Great!! I hope some day theres a cure............

TombRaiderChik
23rd Sep 2002, 00:49
thats soo awesome!!!! :)

i hope they find a cure at some point too :(

in 6-8th grade me adn a few of my friends did a breat cancer awareness thing at my school. we had a night where we talked about it and then we raised money and sold pink ribbons...if the kids payed 1 dollar then they got to wear w/e they wanted to the next day or that day (we went to a catholic school) and we raised over 1000 i think. its not much but we had a small school. we also sold dafodills during the month of may :)

MissLara2U
23rd Sep 2002, 00:57
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
In 6-8th grade me adn a few of my friends did a breat cancer awareness thing at my school. we had a night where we talked about it and then we raised money and sold pink ribbons...if the kids payed 1 dollar then they got to wear w/e they wanted to the next day or that day (we went to a catholic school) and we raised over 1000 i think. its not much but we had a small school. we also sold dafodills during the month of may :)

TombRaiderChik - you did an amazing thing there! scale doesn't matter. well done!

M.

Kurtis Trent
23rd Sep 2002, 01:00
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
thats soo awesome!!!! :)

i hope they find a cure at some point too :(

in 6-8th grade me adn a few of my friends did a breat cancer awareness thing at my school. we had a night where we talked about it and then we raised money and sold pink ribbons...if the kids payed 1 dollar then they got to wear w/e they wanted to the next day or that day (we went to a catholic school) and we raised over 1000 i think. its not much but we had a small school. we also sold dafodills during the month of may :)

Thats wonderful that your school did that. Great job. :):):)

TombRaiderChik
23rd Sep 2002, 01:08
well actually my school didnt it was just me and my 3 friends w/ the support of my science teacher and health teacher...we had to write up a note y we wanted to do it to my stupid principal and she almost sed no.
sorry just had to clear that up lol cuz im sure my school wouldve done nothin bout it.
we also had a book of our friends and family members names who have cancer, died of it or their cancer went away.

Kurtis Trent
23rd Sep 2002, 01:12
Well, either way its great. :p

TombRaiderChik
23rd Sep 2002, 01:13
lol thank u :)

Prelude
23rd Sep 2002, 11:12
Thanks for the information MissLara2U, it’s always nice to know that the fight is still being fought and that people are still devoting there time to such a worthy cause. I have lost 2 family members to Cancer, and my Mum, Sister and myself have all had the big C. The statistics are that one in three people will at some time in their life have Cancer or pre-cancerous cells. I don’t want to bring anyone down or frighten anyone, but think about how many people there are in your household and then think about that statistic. This is not something that affects ‘other’ people it affects us all. It’s a serious thing and anyone who does anything to help the fight deserves thanks and gratitude in my book. I just wanted to say that.

DaveJ
23rd Sep 2002, 12:14
Thanks ML2U..... a very worthy cause.

Prelude, you are absolutely right, sadly.

CatSuit&Ponytail
24th Sep 2002, 14:14
It certainly is long past due for a cure, I think.

I actually assumed we would have left Cancer in the 20th century....