PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite gil farming method in XIII?

iambasho777
3rd Jun 2012, 11:47
Let's admit it, gil is a pain to come by and we need waaaaaaaaaaay too much of it. I didn't stop to farm scarletites/perfumes in chapter 12, and now I'm really hurting from it. I know that that is the most effecient gil farming method, at over 1,000,000 gil an hour. From what I've read, the next best is repeatedly doing mission 24 which averages 600,000 gil an hour. Oretoise farming is the least reliable, and the most varied, ranging from 300,000 to 800,000 gil an hour depending on your luck and method. Which of these do you all like best, and why? Or have you found a different method for gil farming you like more?

YoshiKatYoko
3rd Jun 2012, 12:04
12 million of my gil are from Adamantoise in the Eden area. If you are used to killing Tortoise consistently (by killing both legs), then this is not too hard to accomplish at all. I sometimes farm gil from Shao Long Gui's Gold Nugget.

member_10687105
4th Jun 2012, 05:51
Oretoise farming actually rivals Ch. 12 Sacrifice Farming once you get the battle time under 1:30. That's definitely my preferred method.

t~

PAT2K9
4th Jun 2012, 06:49
I used the Adamantoise in Eden to farm all of my Gil.

YoshiKatYoko
4th Jun 2012, 09:24
Tiornys

IS that with summon, or no summon?

member_10687105
5th Jun 2012, 01:01
IS that with summon, or no summon?

No summon, no shrouds. Counting respawn time, the Eden Adamantoise yields 1.125 mil/hr at 1:30 battle times, and better than 1.2 mil/hr if you can average less than 1:20.

t~

snix
5th Jun 2012, 06:11
I do the 4 Adamantoise circuit run on Pulse. Given it's prevented me from completing all the missions for a long time since they turn into Gui's after, but I've found it best for me.

YoshiKatYoko
5th Jun 2012, 09:23
tiornys

Nice. I'm currently doing 1.5 mil per hour. It's actually a matter of luck in getting Platinum Ingots. There's not enough room for a Connoiesseur Catalog in my Accessory slots.

iambasho777
5th Jun 2012, 10:05
What is your guys' strategy? I've tried several, but can't consistently duplicate any other than summon + cold blood + Sazh's blitz spam

YoshiKatYoko
5th Jun 2012, 10:57
I use Vanille as my Adamantoise killer, so I'll be posting my strategy

Vanille: Tier 3 Bella Donna Wand (should have about 2500 MAG minimum to kill a leg with Death)

Accessories: Magistral Crest x2, Gaian Ring, Genji Glove

Fang: Tier 3 Dragoon Lance (should have about 2500 STR minimum)

Accessories: Kaiser Knuckles x2, Gaian Ring, Genji Glove

Snow: Any weapons

Accessories: Gaian Ring, Connoisseur Catalog, Collector's Catalog, Sprint Shoes

Paradigms: VAN/FANG/SNOW

Recuperation: SYN/SYN/MED (default)

Tri-Disaster: RAV/RAV/RAV

Tri-Disaster: RAV/RAV/RAV

Espionage: SYN/SAB/SAB

Devastation: COM/COM/SAB

Cerberus: COM/COM/COM

Battle Transcript (yep):

- Cast Faithra/Protectra on Vanille and Protectra on the others, while Fang bestows Haste.

- Build chain and stagger while refreshing in between Tri-Disaster.

- Cast Death and switch to Cerberus for boosted damage. You should kill the leg already. Retry if you didn't kill the leg.

- Repeat process on the other leg. If Fang and or Vanille goes to Yellow, heal with Recuperation.

- Once the Adamantoise falls down, switch to Espionage and recast Faithra on Vanille and Bravera on Fang.

- When all debuffs (Imperil, Deprotect, Deshell, Curse, Slow) stick, build chain ang stagger upto 999%.

- Here, Daze will help you boost your damage (x2 multiplier), thus you can end the fight.

Tips:

- Having no Haste on Snow post-stagger (it will blink because of Auto-Haste) will make you time your attacks and sync with Daze.

- Always keep Vanille and Fang in green so they can activate Adrenaline.

member_10687105
6th Jun 2012, 07:42
I use Arthellinus's strategies, shown here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ssbWK3yhY&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ssbWK3yhY&feature=share&list=PLA9BEEBC35ADF976A)

Stage 3 gives times around 1:30, while stage 4 is consistently under 1:20.

t~

iambasho777
8th Jun 2012, 17:35
I use Arthellinus's strategies, shown here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ssbWK3yhY&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ssbWK3yhY&feature=share&list=PLA9BEEBC35ADF976A)

Stage 3 gives times around 1:30, while stage 4 is consistently under 1:20.

t~

I just want you to know, YOU SIR/MA'AM ARE A LIFESAVER!!! I had given up on finding a good oretoise farming strategy, but that link has literally tripled my gil output over farming mission 24. Other than earlier today, that is, when I killed 7 in a row without a single drop... lol. But seriously, thank you for that. I now am 90% done with accessory upgrading and halfway done with weapons. I will finally get that platinum trophy!