PDA

View Full Version : Hallucinations - Some questions

Danventry
22nd Sep 2002, 17:54
I'm playing Hallucinations again on Normal. 1) When do the undead start to roam around (like the haunts and such)? 2) Do the dead people I find with the vials ever wake up and be undead? 3) On the second floor of the mortician's home, there's a locked metal door. What's on the other side of it, because I thought I heard "undead" sounds last time I played, and I don't want to finally unlock it just to find some undead freak jump at me? 4) Other than the Holy Water on the windowsill at the storage house, the Holy Water on the coffin at the mortician's, and the Holy Water at the first dead guy, where are the other locations of Holy Water, because I'm going to need them? 5) And the locations of the Health potions, other than building edging by the dead guy, the building edging on the street, the storage house's rafter, and Kevel's House?

frobber
22nd Sep 2002, 19:01
> I'm playing Hallucinations again on Normal.

1) When do the undead start to roam around (like the haunts and such)?

They arrive in several waves -- the first wave is about 1/2 way through whatever time you have -- so on Normal, that would be around 9:00pm.

2) Do the dead people I find with the vials ever wake up and be undead?

In one case, yes -- Pinchenden (the security services guy dead in his office bedroom) will "wake up" under certain circumstances (it is possible to discover what the ghost instructs from this room -- so in that case the ghost does not show up, and the dead guy here can wake up -- I didn't want both happening at once!).

3) On the second floor of the mortician's home, there's a locked metal door. What's on the other side of it, because I thought I heard "undead" sounds last time I played, and I don't want to finally unlock it just to find some undead freak jump at me?

The only metal door I can remember is the door to kitchen -- this is just a dummy door -- not even a hallway behind it. Zombies may walk past the building, but there are none inside unless they are chasing Garrett.

4) Other than the Holy Water on the windowsill at the storage house, the Holy Water on the coffin at the mortician's, and the Holy Water at the first dead guy, where are the other locations of Holy Water, because I'm going to need them?

There are also several in the mortician's "prep room" next to his first-floor office. And I believe I left some in the bathroom medicine cabinet -- second floor of the mortuary.

BTW, fire arrows, mines, and other ordnance works wonders on the undead.

5) And the locations of the Health potions, other than building edging by the dead guy, the building edging on the street, the storage house's rafter, and Kevel's House?

Lots of places -- almost every building ledge has one or two. Also, check along the river ice -- there are goodies at both ends (near the cathedral and near where the water leaves the town area).

Danventry
23rd Sep 2002, 03:06
Not Kevel's house, the mortician's. Near the stairs up to the third floor, there's a metal door. With a small window (unbreakable). I figured that's where he kept the dead.

In one case, yes -- Pinchenden (the security services guy dead in his office bedroom) will "wake up" under certain circumstances (it is possible to discover what the ghost instructs from this room -- so in that case the ghost does not show up, and the dead guy here can wake up -- I didn't want both happening at once!).
1) What ghost? I don't remember a bedroom. I probably missed it (I ran through the office, only to stop to read a few things). Instructs? Should I stay next time to see what I missed?
2) When I walk near the huge metal doors near the begining of the game, there's a big, deep voice that says, "Garrett... Don't let fear take your path," or something. Who was that?

frobber
24th Sep 2002, 00:36
Originally posted by Danventry
Not Kevel's house, the mortician's. Near the stairs up to the third floor, there's a metal door. With a small window (unbreakable). I figured that's where he kept the dead.

Just to make sure we're on the same page ...you walk in the front door of the mortuary, turn right and just before reaching the office door, you turn left and go up the stairs. At the top is a short hallway, and after turning right, there is a metal door about 25 feet on the righthand (North) side of this hallway. Right after that is a horizonal window and if you have gotten there early enough (timewise) you may also overhear a conversation between servants who are cleaning up after dinner.

The room inside the window has a simple wooden table and a few dishes lying out. You may also hear the sounds of water spashing and dishes being scrubbed. If you happen to walk by the outside window of this room (the one partly open along the ledge) you may hear the same sounds from there as well.

But these are just sounds -- there are no actual AI inside the room, and the metal door fits snuggly into a wedge-shaped notch in the wall -- but there is no hallway behind it.

The undead and most of the living are injected into the terrain from four locations... the one closest to the mortuary is behind the gates leading to the row of buildings which loom from the North of the mortuary (where the lone guard patrols who irritates the local dogs). Undead will wander by from there, but should not enter the mortuary unless provoked.

There is, however, one zombie in the mortuary -- Solustice, the corpse lying in the open crypt on display in the main room. He is very much disabled (accord to the story), but he will explode properly with an administration of holy water. Also, he will groan like a zombie if bashed with sword.

1) What ghost? I don't remember a bedroom. I probably missed it (I ran through the office, only to stop to read a few things). Instructs? Should I stay next time to see what I missed?

If you got farther into the mission by going through the security office, then the last room through was the bedroon. There is a journal on the floor of this room, and when you read this, the ghost will appear soon after -- unless you have already discovered for yourself where she tells you to go... in which case, she does not bother to appear.

2) When I walk near the huge metal doors near the begining of the game, there's a big, deep voice that says, "Garrett... Don't let fear take your path," or something. Who was that?

The Oracle. But you won't learn much more about this until chapter 3 (which has been written, but not yet built).

Telliamed_
24th Sep 2002, 06:11
Chapter THREE??!!! :eek:

Huntress
24th Sep 2002, 10:54
I'm a little curious about Chapter Two....? Awhile back you had commented it would be released shortly I believe....so is there somekind of estimate as to when we might be seeing it? Just wondering if you were experiencing some kind of delay or perhaps I misunderstood when you were planning on trying to get it finished? Ta and Good Hunting!

SlyFoxx
24th Sep 2002, 11:23
Huntress: "The Innseruction" is nearing the end of the beta testing stage. My guess is about two weeks until release if the final beta version (due very soon if not today) holds up. Then again I'm only Garrett's voice and a tester....so don't hold me or frobber accountable for the above. It'll be here soon enough at any rate. And we will all be happy taffers. :) Hummm then we have to wait for part III. :(

SlyFoxx

Huntress
24th Sep 2002, 18:55
Thanks ever so for the update...that's good news and nice to know it will be showing up in the near future :) and your right...LOL, the wait then for Chapter Three :D Ta and Good Hunting!

Klatremus
17th Jan 2004, 16:29
Can only find 2 of the 4 secrets.Have found the key & stuff behind the lawyer's painting, plus the explosives on the balcony but I'm unable to find anything else. Not quite sure which ones of the 4 hints in the readme I've solved. Probably missing the two easter eggs.

I have found the bonus objective from the ghost about her doll, and the secret exit via the window leading to slow fall and healing potions. Neither of these counted as secrets.

Also missing 150 in loot. Anyone know of any hard loot to find?
Havo gotten 2 fire pokers & a ring at the security officer's

- Klatremus

frobber
17th Jan 2004, 18:44
Klatremus -- You're right about the last two secrets being the Easter Eggs. And they're tough. Here's one hint...

Both have something to do with a clock.

Can't remember enough about loot, except it's not scattered around too much. Maybe somebody has a list by now.

Klatremus
19th Jan 2004, 00:41
Well that probably is a great hint...but no. Have examined everyclock/clock tower in the mission, plus I've searched everywhere for loot. Still 150 short.

Bear in mind that I have the most recent version, with no in-game hints, they're all in the readme. Heard some talk about easter eggs being moved in the newest update.

Oh well, it'll come eventually...at least hopefully

Thanks anyway!

- Klatremus

Peter_Smith
19th Jan 2004, 03:50
It involves action at a distance.
And that's as obvious as I am going to get. Shouldn't have said that. :)