PDA

View Full Version : conversation freezes irregularly

Xcom
22nd Sep 2002, 00:18
Ok, I have following situation:

When you douse a torch, conversation starts. A guard (ActorOne) should say some stuff, then approach a button and frob it. (This frobbing will result in igniting of the torch).

Problem:

After frobbing the button, the guard just stays there (near the button) and doesn't return to his original location. However, when you douse the torch again, the guard DOES return to his very original location after completing conversation actions. The 3rd time, the guard is stuck near button again. 4th time is okay and so on. :confused: I need him to return to his post every time.

Objects I used:

Torch (w/ AnimLight script) cd linked to Inverter
Inverter cd-linked to ConvMarker
ConvMarker cd-linked to the guard

Button cd-linked to the Torch

Any ideas?

Telliamed_
22nd Sep 2002, 05:46
Well, there is the "Return to origin" in Ability settings. But as I recall, this is a quirk or pseudo-scripts that they don't reliably reset the AI to his previous state.

So I'd just add an explicit "return to where you normally stand" instruction to the pseudo-script.

Incidentally, you can also do this by adding the metaproperty "M-SecureDoor" to the torch, then giving the AI a Suspicious Response as a pseudo-script. Slightly easier to deal with than conversation-voodoo. It only works on torches (and doors, of course) though. For some reason, the metaproperty does nothing for electric lights. :shrug:

Here's the suspicious response script I did once...

Play sound/motion,
notice
item SuspiciousObjectType

Script message
Suspicious
SuspiciousObjectID
SuspiciousObjectType

Goto object
SuspiciousObjectID

Wait
search, scan

Add/Remove Metaproperty