PDA

View Full Version : hey ricknmel! im gonna play squeeky's secret now :D

amievil?
21st Sep 2002, 22:55
the time has come for me to play my first t2 fm...i choose SS :D(ill let ya know how i do when im done)

amievil?
21st Sep 2002, 23:52
i finished with a dnf... couldnt find enough loot to end it..got stuck coming back up from the tunnel and couldnt go back up. that was one big rat! freaked me out. the overall mission was quite dark but wasnt too bad. the grave yard was pretty creepy and weird. good first effort ricknmel! i remember you saying once something about squeeky is supposed to do something?? anyway just wanted to let ya know i finally played your level(and it was my first t2 fm :) )

Deadfall
22nd Sep 2002, 03:11
Maybe I can help you out with the loot you missed. The loot problem seems to be with the hard to see rings. Although there were some loose coins under some crates upstairs too.

Where the gold rings are:

-One is on the table with the plant on the second floor.

-Another is in the grassy tunnel next to the mushroom.

-Another is scattered next to the entrance to the graveyard.

amievil?
22nd Sep 2002, 15:39
i found all the rings, i missed the coins in the crate room. i knew there had to be something in there besides crates :)

RicknMel
27th Sep 2002, 02:28
Wow..I feel honored to have created your first T2 FM experience. However...... most are much better, so don't base your T2 FM opinions on Squeeky! :p

Yes...loot placement was horrific in this one. My next one was much better ..."Rescue!" .... hint hint ;)

Several things I don't like about Squeeky:
Too dark
Bad loot placement
No ambient sounds
Poor texture alignment
Little replayability
etc.....

I think "Rescue!" addressed most of those issues ;)

Anyways...Regarding Squeeky "doing something".....
That is in my 3rd FM "The Wheel" which has been stagnent for awhile. All Squeeky does in "Squeeky's Secret" is make you think.. "Damm.....thats one big rat!" :p

Thanks for playing it....I thought it was long forgotten by now :)

clayman
27th Sep 2002, 21:15
What a coincidence.....Squeeky is next in line for me today in my chronological replaying of all FMs. Finished Geller's Pride last night, and now comes the big rat. I remember those little rings hid in odd places, so reading the loot spoiler above didn't make me cover my eyes. I also remember(or was this just in beta testing, rick?) to leave the rat alone; strange things can happen. One good thing about all this replaying, it really is a nostalgia trip; I remember when ricknmel had less than 1000 posts on the old forum, and was building this FM. :)

RicknMel
28th Sep 2002, 12:24
hehe...ahhh...those were the days huh :D

Yeah... Squeeky is full of bugs if you touch him. He might float away....or he might drop to about 12" under the ground so just his back is showing and still walk around.
I gave up trying to fix him because I wanted to get moving on my second project, so I just made an objective to NOT mess with him. ;)

...If Squeeky is next.....that means Rescue is coming up too. I think I released them only a week or two apart. Neither one took very long to make. Have fun! :)

amievil?
28th Sep 2002, 21:29
hey hey dont be so hard on yaself ricknmel. its really not a bad fm, it is too dark on the outside but otherwise i didnt really have any complaints. that hard spot i couldnt get back up wasnt too big of a deal, i have a similar place in hells motel 1 that people had probs with.

too far back and forgotten? blashphemy! release date means nothing to me, i play em ALL! currently playing calendras cistern for the first time and well you all know how good it is. but anyway for a first effort squeekys secret is pretty cool :) ( i promised you rick along time ago that when it came time for me to start playing t2 fms id play yours first ;) you probably dont remember me saying that but i stuck by me word )

*chants* finish the wheel, finish the wheel...:D

clayman
28th Sep 2002, 23:12
I agree; don't be so hard on yourself. The too dark thing is solved by a couple of taps on the + key. I liked the loot placement, particularly the ring on the end table, I think I missed that one long ago. :)

I also stirred up a ruckus in this one; I tried to blackjack the very first guard that comes toward you at the beginning and my blackjack went right through him. Whiff, whiff, swing/miss....I was intrigued so I followed him to see when he sync-ed up with the game; some AI are not really "there" until they get to their destination. Sure enough, when he got to the building entrance, he suddenly decided to not like me following him with my nose up his a55, crouching along and goosing him. So he gave chase. I left him behind by confusing him in a merry-go-round the graveyard(which also alarmed the poor dude patrolling in there). Later at the end of the mission, when I quietly climbed the steps to the third floor, the girl up there and a guard(I think the same one from the beginning) were running around yelling and screaming. He was really mad and chased me all the way out of the building; she kept running from the 2nd to the 3rd floor. I figured he had went and told her what I had been doing to him outside and she got scared the boogeyman was coming. I couldn't kill him on Expert, so I just went back and hung out with Squeeky for a while(and took a bathroom break). After ten minutes, I decided to go back in. She was still running around(whap, zzzz), but the guard was upstairs facing the desk, and ocasionally leaning forward in that "I heard you, where are you?" searching pose they do. I Ko'ed him, cleaned the loot, then went back to get the ring outside the graveyard. Endgame. I doubt anyone else has had that sequence of events happen in this FM, so that pretty much shoots down your "no replayability" theory, rick. :D ;)

Business at Midnight awaits. :)

amievil?
30th Sep 2002, 01:52
Originally posted by clayman
I agree; don't be so hard on yourself. The too dark thing is solved by a couple of taps on the + key. I liked the loot placement, particularly the ring on the end table, I think I missed that one long ago. :)

I also stirred up a ruckus in this one; I tried to blackjack the very first guard that comes toward you at the beginning and my blackjack went right through him. Whiff, whiff, swing/miss....I was intrigued so I followed him to see when he sync-ed up with the game; some AI are not really "there" until they get to their destination. Sure enough, when he got to the building entrance, he suddenly decided to not like me following him with my nose up his a55, crouching along and goosing him. So he gave chase. I left him behind by confusing him in a merry-go-round the graveyard(which also alarmed the poor dude patrolling in there). Later at the end of the mission, when I quietly climbed the steps to the third floor, the girl up there and a guard(I think the same one from the beginning) were running around yelling and screaming. He was really mad and chased me all the way out of the building; she kept running from the 2nd to the 3rd floor. I figured he had went and told her what I had been doing to him outside and she got scared the boogeyman was coming. I couldn't kill him on Expert, so I just went back and hung out with Squeeky for a while(and took a bathroom break). After ten minutes, I decided to go back in. She was still running around(whap, zzzz), but the guard was upstairs facing the desk, and ocasionally leaning forward in that "I heard you, where are you?" searching pose they do. I Ko'ed him, cleaned the loot, then went back to get the ring outside the graveyard. Endgame. I doubt anyone else has had that sequence of events happen in this FM, so that pretty much shoots down your "no replayability" theory, rick. :D ;)

Business at Midnight awaits. :)

haha nice story :D i had a similar experience with that first guard but managed to knock him out? i thought something was funny when i was swinging and he wasnt going down but finally he did. i also had a weird experience in calendras cistern the other night, in lady c's house the gaurd inside....well i set the alarm off somehow and the guy was searching for me after i figured out how to get in. needless to say he got stuck in a table so i was going around grabbing loot and taunting him. he was like "next time ill see blood" haha... i left him stuck in the table after cleaning out the house. this is one big fm, ive been playing it for a week and havent finished but 3 of the objectives so far....