PDA

View Full Version : the most DEVINE song ever made

Godfather
21st Sep 2002, 15:20
Everytime Enya sings the song "May it be" I become absolute silent. It is pure heaven. It's even greater that it is linked to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring", but that is less important. How do y'all feel about this song?

Is this song a masterpiece or what? And what song makes you very silent ... what song is the absolute most divine one?

dhama
21st Sep 2002, 15:38
Now your talking my language Godfather, in fact I love anything Enya does. ;)

A piece of music that that also makes me silent is "Bailero" - from songs of the auvergne by Canteloube; exquisite ;)

DaveJ
21st Sep 2002, 16:01
Can't say I'm familiar with the Enya one.

Janes Addiciton - "I would for you."

Raider Sunrise
21st Sep 2002, 16:09
I like Enya too, but not that much. I'd say she's okay.

The song that makes me silent is The Cranberries-The Icicle Melts.

DaveJ
21st Sep 2002, 16:11
Originally posted by Raider Sunrise
I like Enya too, but not that much. I'd say they're okay.

They?

Enya is a person... of the female variety.

Kurtis Trent
21st Sep 2002, 16:16
Err Enya's ok. I only like a couple of her songs. ;)

Raider Sunrise
21st Sep 2002, 16:22
Originally posted by DaveJ

They?

Enya is a person... of the female variety.

Oops, sorry!! I was thinking about the Cranberries while I was posting... I'm editing it. :o

TombRaiderChik
21st Sep 2002, 17:56
i love all of enyas songs! most of her songs, only time for example, have some kind of disturbing beat i guess u could say to it. its something that in a way i dont wanna listen to but i have to because its so disturbing...i know doesnt make sence right? :p

Godfather
21st Sep 2002, 18:43
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
i love all of enyas songs! most of her songs, only time for example, have some kind of disturbing beat i guess u could say to it. its something that in a way i dont wanna listen to but i have to because its so disturbing...i know doesnt make sence right? :p

Try to think of it without the beat. I guess you would fall asleep then. That beat you are talking about is the spine of the song; it indicates the rhythm (= most difficult English word to write down) of the song to which Enya has to sing.

dhama
21st Sep 2002, 20:21
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik

Ah yes, the 'disturbing beat' :D actually you may feel like this because most of Enya's tracks are very emotive; you don't so much listen to them, you feel them. You may be interested to know that Enya inspired my second album 'Oceanic' and you can hear it here (http://www.dhama.co.uk/oceanic.htm) if you so desire. ;)

Cyber_Punk_303
22nd Sep 2002, 08:46
Download

Enya: Sail Away

I think that song is almost holy... It really evokes something. It's so graceful and mysterious, and the lyrics are really deep!!!

Download songs by:

Loreena Mckenitt
Enya
Dead Can Dance

Dead Can Dance make some of the most glorious music of all time. You can hear God in their music. It's beautiful.... I have the Dead Can Dance cd called Aion or something like that... But it. It's great! They have male singers too that are just as great as the ladies (for once!)

Cyber_Punk_303
22nd Sep 2002, 08:51
The Cranberries are my FAVORITE band. The songs by the Cranberries that make me silent are: Electric Blue Eyes, Never Grow Old, Song number 9 on the "No Need To Argue" cd... and.. DREAMS!!!

Another song that'll take you to another world is:

Drowned World by Madonna. If your depressed, listen to Drowned World really loud.

Anyone other Cranberry fans in here? I saw them live a while back. They were amazing. Doloris was absolutely surreal. Her voice was better live than on the cd's!!! And her voice never quivered unusually, or shook, or cracked, and she never seemed out of breath. I felt so alive at that concert! WHOA they ROCK!!!

Raider Sunrise
22nd Sep 2002, 09:22
The Cranberries are my favorite too!!!! And, song number 9 on 'No Need To Argue'.. do you mean Ridiculous Thoughts??? I really love that song!!!! It absolutely rocks!!!! 'No Need To Argue' is my all time favorite CD. :)

And you are really lucky to see them live!!!! I wish I could too... Do you have any photos from the concert or something???

DaveJ
22nd Sep 2002, 09:27
Shouldn't that be DIVINE?

dhama
22nd Sep 2002, 10:16

oh stoppit!! :D we all no wot he ment :p

purple rain
22nd Sep 2002, 11:29
nashville by liz phair
"i wont decorate my love...."
that's divine to me

Aquarius
22nd Sep 2002, 14:21
The version of 'Silent Night' in which God is talking about 9/11.

There are a lot of others, but that one is just..........

10,000 miles - Mary Chapin Carpenter
Original Sin - Elton John
Only Time - Enya

Forgot one, it's on the radio right now, so that's how I'm remembering it.

You - Jane Krakowski

Godfather
22nd Sep 2002, 14:57

Yes, it should! But, honestly? I think you need some new pair of glasses, DaveJ! :D

DaveJ
22nd Sep 2002, 15:02
I don't wear glasses.

I can spot a spelling error at 2,000 paces very well without them.

TombRaiderChik
22nd Sep 2002, 15:24
Originally posted by dhama

Ah yes, the 'disturbing beat' :D actually you may feel like this because most of Enya's tracks are very emotive; you don't so much listen to them, you feel them. You may be interested to know that Enya inspired my second album 'Oceanic' and you can hear it here (http://www.dhama.co.uk/oceanic.htm) if you so desire. ;)

thanks so much for the link!! im actually really curious on how shes inspired! thanks a bunch:)

Miss Croft
22nd Sep 2002, 15:52
I'm not much of an Enya fan but I gotta agree with you there Godfather. *puts on her big "I'M A MASSIVE LotR FAN" badge*

But I'd say I usually go silent to the FFX theme tune by Rikki. I just love it!!! (small note - when I first read about it, I thought it was sung by Rikku (a character in the game for those who dont know) so I was desperate to hear it...but was very disappointed)
But anyway..*puts on another big badge saying "I'M #1 FFX FAN!"*

*Badges get too heavy and Miss Croft goes plummeting through the earth*

Godfather
22nd Sep 2002, 16:33
I don't wear glasses.

I can spot a spelling error at 2,000 paces very well without them.

Spelling error ... wait a minute! *checking on the word in question* No! No spelling errours! Are you sure you haven't been dreaming? :p

DaveJ
22nd Sep 2002, 16:35
"Taxi for Godfather....theres a Taxi outside for a Mr. Ken Godfather....."

Godfather
22nd Sep 2002, 16:46
"Taxi for Godfather....theres a Taxi outside for a Mr. Ken Godfather....."

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, you've gotta be talkin' to me coz I'm the only one here. You talkin' to me? :p

DaveJ
22nd Sep 2002, 17:10
No no no!
Its that hilarious scene in the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" movie, right?
Cinema history, that.

Godfather
22nd Sep 2002, 19:32
No no no!
Its that hilarious scene in the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" movie, right?
Cinema history, that.

Isn't there going to be a sequel of that movie soon? I think it's going to be called: "Rambo and Bullwinkle"? :D

SuzieCroft
23rd Sep 2002, 20:35
Divine songs?

Um...

Just about anything by Enya.
And the love themes from FFIX and FFX, "Melodies of Life" and "Suteki da ne" respectively.
FFX - the Hymn of the Fayth. I just LOVE plainsong!

Um...

Jon bon jovi - It's my life
(Stop looking at me like that, scary scary peoples...)
John Lenno - imagine
Mint Royale - Don't falter (though that's more sentimental than anything...)

Um.

Solaris
23rd Sep 2002, 21:39
welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
we got everything you want
honey we know the names
we are the people that can find
whatever you may need
if you got the money honey
we got your disease

chorus:
in the jungle
welcome to the jungle
watch it bring you to your knees, knees
i wanna watch you bleed

welcome to the jungle
we take it day by day
if you want it you're gonna bleed
but it's the price you have to pay
and your a very sexy girl
thats very hard to please
you can taste the bright lights
but you wont get them for free
in the jungle
welcome to the jungle
feel my, my, my serpinetine
i, i wanna hera yous-cream
welcome to the jungle
it gets worse here every day

ya learn ta live live like an animal
in the jungle where we play
if you got a hunger for what you see
you'll take it eventually
you can have any thing you want
but you better not take it from me

chorus

and when your high you never
want to come down, YEAH!

you know where you are
your in the jungloe baby
you're gonna die
in the jungle
welcome to the jungle
watch it it bring you to your knees, knees
in the jungle
welcome to the jungle
feel my, my, my serpentine
in the jungle
welcome to the jungle
watch it bring you to your knees, knees
in the jungle
welcome to the jungle
watch it bring you to your
it's gonna bring you down
HA!

rocconorth
24th Sep 2002, 05:29
I'm really like Enya as well. Some of my favoUrites include....the title track from "Watermark, "River" (same album), and Carribean Blue (is it two r's or two b's DaveJ:p?) The last part of C-Blue when she's singing over that repeating four bars is some of the most beautiful music I've heard. Basically, I really like a lot of instrumental music (I know Enya's "stuff" is not all instrumental, but much of it is). Anybody else out there like George Winston? For those of you not in the know...he plays piano instrumental music and it's just wonderful if you're into that sort of thing. His rendition of "Pachabel Canon in D" is fabulous. My favorUrite of his though is a song called "Thanksgiving." That song probably moves me more than any other song I've ever heard. I think it's amazing when a song without words can cause so many emotions. It's a true testament to the power of music.

Prelude
24th Sep 2002, 12:08
So this is the fourth annual meeting of the fan club; Association Roundtable Society of Eyna. (which indecently stands for ARSE)

Music that moves me has to be Nina Simone, I always listen to her when I want to just sit quietly and think. Her voice is captivating and I lose myself in the piano accompaniment (how’s that DaveJ) Now that’s what I call music.

Aquarius
24th Sep 2002, 17:32
There's this song too that is so fantastic. I don't really know the name, but it's on the radio right now, and it's one of the few songs where I actually listen to the lyrics instead of the rhythm.

I think it's called something like, 'It's Not Easy To Be Me' or 'Superman'. I don't know the name, but I love the song!

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 17:34
Two thumbs up for Nina Simone here from me too.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

rocconorth
24th Sep 2002, 19:09
Originally posted by Aquarius
There's this song too that is so fantastic. I don't really know the name, but it's on the radio right now, and it's one of the few songs where I actually listen to the lyrics instead of the rhythm.

I think it's called something like, 'It's Not Easy To Be Me' or 'Superman'. I don't know the name, but I love the song!

It's called "Superman" and it's by a group called "Five For Fighting". I really like that song as well. Buy the album "American Town". "Superman" isn't the only good song by this group.:D

LARAMANIAC
24th Sep 2002, 21:09
I loooooooooooove Enya - Paint the Sky with Stars album is absolutely fantastic!!! I love dhama's music too it is brilliant - thank you again dhama!! The soundtrack to the movie Braveheart is wonderful too - the whole album keeps me actually listening - if you know what I mean - in particular the track entitled Attack on Muron!! It always stops me in my tracks and makes me absorb it!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

rocconorth
24th Sep 2002, 23:52
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
I loooooooooooove Enya - Paint the Sky with Stars album is absolutely fantastic!!! I love dhama's music too it is brilliant - thank you again dhama!! The soundtrack to the movie Braveheart is wonderful too - the whole album keeps me actually listening - if you know what I mean - in particular the track entitled Attack on Muron!! It always stops me in my tracks and makes me absorb it!!

Wow!!! I'm so with you about the Braveheart Soundtrack. I actually considered that for my favs, but I kind of put soundtracks in another catergory (I don't know why?). Anyway, I love the movie and the soundtrack. I don't listen to many soundtracks, but I always find myself going back to that one. Excellent taste. Were you the one who listed "The Game" as one of your favoUrite movies as well? It's funny how some people have such simiar tastes in a wide range of areas. If I wasn't married to Prelude I'd give you a call:p;)! *Prelude smacks Rocconorth in the head*...."Ouch!!! I was only joking dear.":p

JohnnyZ
25th Sep 2002, 11:46
britney Spears - i'm slave 4 u
:)

Prelude
27th Sep 2002, 12:34
Originally posted by rocconorth
It's funny how some people have such simiar tastes in a wide range of areas. If I wasn't married to Prelude I'd give you a call:p;)! *Prelude smacks Rocconorth in the head*...."Ouch!!! I was only joking dear.":p

Hey that's ok rocconorth honey dear, or should I say President of ARSE, you go ahead, DaveJ and I are quite happy over here listening to Nina Simone, huh Dave. ;)

(only joking MM)

DaveJ
27th Sep 2002, 12:41
I could put "Sinnerman" on an endless loop in the car and be happy.

LARAMANIAC
27th Sep 2002, 18:47

Wow!!! I'm so with you about the Braveheart Soundtrack. I actually considered that for my favs, but I kind of put soundtracks in another catergory (I don't know why?). Anyway, I love the movie and the soundtrack. I don't listen to many soundtracks, but I always find myself going back to that one. Excellent taste. Were you the one who listed "The Game" as one of your favoUrite movies as well? It's funny how some people have such simiar tastes in a wide range of areas. If I wasn't married to Prelude I'd give you a call:p;)! *Prelude smacks Rocconorth in the head*...."Ouch!!! I was only joking dear.":p

Yes twas moi that listed The Game as one of my all time favourites Rocconorth - as you said it always amazes me too that we seem to find such common ground!!! However I would never dream of stepping on Prelude's tootsies!!! ;)

Goose Master
28th Sep 2002, 20:14
Yeah Dagger of Xian that is a good choice in music the best bit of the song is the opening WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! and the guitar work is good to but i think guns and roses have gone down since bucket head joined. But to the point i belive that there can only be one and that one is TRIBUTE! tenacious D are the best all there songs are so good and Tribute is also number 1 on Kerrang. Smells like teen spirit and born to be wild are also classics and great.

rocconorth
30th Sep 2002, 07:31
Under certain circumstances I think "The Chauffer" by Duran Duran could be the most devine song.:eek:

(Completely serious ML:))

Godfather
30th Sep 2002, 10:27
Hey, how bout Queen with "Bohemian rhapsody" or The Eagles with "Hotel California" or the Muppet Show Song? :)

Prelude
30th Sep 2002, 11:18
Under certain circumstances I think "The Chauffer" by Duran Duran could be the most devine song.:eek:

(Completely serious ML:))

;) you minx

(you are of course correct)