PDA

View Full Version : Raziel's Nexus stone

necropotence
21st Sep 2002, 04:21
IF.......

Raziel get's a hold of Mobius staff or the nexus stone and the blood reaver he would be invinceble. That would be awesome!

Power reaver
21st Sep 2002, 05:20
BO2 and SR2 spoilers !

Moebiuses staff disables the Vampires and strangely the reaver , while the Nexus stone grants invincibility from the reaver . Theres quite a difference in the 2 . If Raz got a hold of Moebiuses staff , the wraith blade would be disabled , thus weakening him . But if he got hold of the Nexus stone , there wont be much of a difference , he already has the SR , what will the Nexus stone grant him invincibility to . The only thing which is possible is that the Blade wouldent feed on Razes soul , but that isnt much of a problem to me , I hardly notice it .

necropotence
22nd Sep 2002, 17:32
What I ment was at the end of SR2 Mobius used his orb and disabled the wraith blade (while he had the blood reaver) remember Raz was invinsable if he could use the staff its effects unceasing would make him unstoppable.

Riovanes
23rd Sep 2002, 03:54
Power Reaver, I think it's a little late in the game (no pun intended) to be worried about spoilers. By now everyone on these forums has likely beaten the games, or at least encountered our discussions on how we've torn the crap out of them ourselves, so let us not worry about the spoiler bit, ya?

And necro... Raz was already invincible with just the Blood Reaver, in case you missed that lame excuse for a boss fight at the end of SR2 where you chewed through the remaining Sarafan.

This brings up a question... Why is everyone so hellbent on making Raziel godlike? I mean, heroes are only interesting when they're flawed (because perfect people tend to piss us off), and video game characters are only fun when they're not invincible. Seriously, think about how lame a game like Doom would've been if you could NEVER DIE. What would the point have been? Woo-hoo, lookee, I can point and shoot, point and shoot, and no one can hurt me... I've been doing this for seven hours now. Fun.

Maybe it's just me, but the new gaming generation (as in those of you under 18... I know the under 18's fit in my generation, but dangit, I'm 20, gotta separate myself somehow!) seems obsessed with unkillable, godlike characters, who can survive being in the center of the sun and shoot rays of incredible cosmic death from their nostrils that will annihilate even the eldest gods in a single stroke... Where's the fun in this? Games are only fun when they're challenging... A game you can blow through without trying is just lame, and therefore a character capable of doing that is, by association, lame as well.

Gah... This reminds me of those empty-headed l337-fools that think they're bad because they can cheat at online games, become invincible, and kill everyone on the screen... Then they gloat about their hollow victories...

Death on invincible ANYTHING...

BAH!!!

Power reaver
23rd Sep 2002, 08:06
Power Reaver, I think it's a little late in the game (no pun intended) to be worried about spoilers. By now everyone on these forums has likely beaten the games, or at least encountered our discussions on how we've torn the crap out of them ourselves, so let us not worry about the spoiler bit, ya?

True , but I nearly spoiled BO2 for Darien_Spectre Sometime back , so I didnt want to take any chances :rolleyes: .

What you are saying is correct , some people (online players for instance) like to cheat and win , with no fun . Games get boring soon when you do such things . I go mid way in your under 18 catagory though . I do want godly attacks in games , I just want them to look way cool but also want the enemies to require more of a beating though . For example , you can take DBZ , the characters go on and on with godly attacks , but the enemies come out unhindered . What I want is something like that , I dont want to invincible throughout the game , but I want attacks that will make you gap at the screen . :D

Riovanes
23rd Sep 2002, 14:46
Heh, that's perfectly understandable, then. I'd be all over Raziel throwin' a Big Bang Kamehameha or a Final Flash... Just as long as it didn't nuke everything on the planet...

Maybe if we gave him a cosmicly-endowed spork...

BAH!!!

necropotence
23rd Sep 2002, 23:16
Rio,

This post was only written to say that for instance if Raz get's up off the floor! Goes kills Moebius, takes his staff, goes back in time, grabs the blood reaver from Janos and than starts asking some serious questions. Then everyone would have to answer his questions!

I agree with you I don't want some all powerful hero I was just saying it's possible. OK?

FierceClaw
24th Sep 2002, 08:15
I don't think DBZ-style stuff would fit in with LoK too well ;) . I just want more variety in the attacks since there's so much combat in the games.