PDA

View Full Version : Online Names/Meanings?

cowboy from hell
20th Sep 2002, 19:48
I am curious about your online names and what they mean. Are they a reflection of yourself or are they a tribute to something you love?

For example, my name (cowboy from hell) was taken from Pantera's first major label release. The title of the album is Cowboy's From Hell and that is the name of the title track as well.

If your name is fairly obvious then don't worry about explaining it;)

Kurtis Trent
20th Sep 2002, 22:07
Well, does mine need explaining? :D :rolleyes: :D :p

Godfather
20th Sep 2002, 22:17
Originally posted by Kurtis Trent
Well, does mine need explaining? :D :rolleyes: :D :p

Same here ...

TombRaiderChik
20th Sep 2002, 22:56
ditto kiddo

:p

Aquarius
20th Sep 2002, 23:09
Aquarius - 11th symbol of the Zodiac, the water-bearer. Strangely, although it's the water-bearer, the aquarius symbol is actually a representation of the sky. And also is represented by Uranus, god of the oceans.

Very interesting! ;)

AmO
21st Sep 2002, 00:14
my initials, and i noticed they spell what i am nearly always looking for in the games i play. AmO
:D :eek:

Solaris
21st Sep 2002, 01:01
Dagger Of Xian- Dagger in TR2. :D (just for those who dont know)

I wanna change it...maybe to my sign since its a trend;)

rocconorth
21st Sep 2002, 03:15
Well my screename is combination of a few things. The first part "rocc" is derived from my great love for collecting rocks. During my early childhood I became fascinated with all things rocky. Whether it was sedimentary, metamorphic, or quarry I could not get enough of the great wonder that is rock. The second part "o" is taken from my favoUrite Shakespearian play 'Othello'. Although I love all the works of the "bard" I found this story the most compelling of them all, and therefore I honor it by including it as part of my SN. Finally, "north" is taken from my experience in the great white north of Alaska. I spent 2 years there photographing Grizzly and Kodiak bears while making a documentary for MTV. The show would have been the first incarnation of the "Real World". The idea was to put nature photographers in the great outdoors and watch how they co-exist with nature and each other. In the "confession" tent, us photogs would whine and complain about camera lenses and who had the biggest one. In the end, the show never aired and MTV went with the alternative idea of video taping idotic college age students fighting about who ate the last bag of chips (crisps if you prefer Prelude). So really, there's not much of a story with how I came up with my SN.:p

PS. The proceding was complete and (n)utter BS. The real story is far more entertaining, but far too secret to mention here. Reserved for the inner circle only.

Raider Sunrise
21st Sep 2002, 07:51
Well, I've always liked the word 'sunrise'. I think it sounds...I don't know, nice (for lack of a better word :p) I started using Sunrise as a nickname about three years ago, and when I wanted to register here, I just added a 'raider' to it. :) And it sounds far better than my real name if you ask me :) ;) :D :p

Jewell
21st Sep 2002, 21:56
Jewell is my middle name, i was named for my Nanna who's first name is Jewell
i've always used it for an online sn, mainly b/c i like my middle name
and yes, it is and always has been spelled w/ 2 ll's
:D

the_internet_king
25th Sep 2002, 19:55
i got mine off the simpsons lol :o

THE True Lara
25th Sep 2002, 20:56
No, my name isn't an ego trip. It was actually my brother who signed me up for the Edios forum as I was being a little unsympathetic about his spending hours in his forums. And well, that's the name he gave me. Ever since TR came out people have been commenting on the me/Lara coincidence, hence my silly signature, and reoccuring in jokes between friends.
So there you go.

Dagger, I love your Lara gif in your sig!

Rocconorth, I love rocks and the bard as well! -My fav's have always been Hamlet and the scottish play ;)

rocconorth
25th Sep 2002, 21:35
Originally posted by THE True Lara

Rocconorth, I love rocks and the bard as well! -My fav's have always been Hamlet and the scottish play ;)

You must be an actor! Someone once told me about saying the title of "the scottish play" in the theatre. Well we're not there so here it is...."Macbeth". I hope we're not all cursed now.;)

Dark One
25th Sep 2002, 23:43
I'm a writer and my ID here is the name of the first real character I created. One of these days I will write his story. I'm just kind of afraid to think like him.

Island Girl
26th Sep 2002, 01:16
I choose my name simply because I was born and raised on one of the Hawaiian Islands, and in my entire life (won't say how old) I've only left this rock to go to the mainland (we call any part of the whole U.S. the main land because we are actually not connected to it, wierd I know :) ) twice in my adult life! So I've basically spent my life here. And there you have the meaning of the name (hehehe):D

Love & Aloha

EddyBones
26th Sep 2002, 01:56
Good books, good character; I know that it's spelled with an 'e' not an 'a'...

THE True Lara
26th Sep 2002, 07:01
Originally posted by rocconorth
You must be an actor! Someone once told me about saying the title of "the scottish play" in the theatre. Well we're not there so here it is...."Macbeth". I hope we're not all cursed now.;)

I think alot of actors these days have eased up on the superstitions, it used to be that it was bad luck to say it anywhere, nowadays usually the 'outsiders' ;) only get included when they say the name inside the theatre. -Often because a couple of actors have spent the last 5 mins trying to get them to say it just so they can make them turn around 3 times and spit into a bucket! :D

AngieCroft
26th Sep 2002, 09:09
"Angie" is my real name.
"Croft" is addition.
The name was the idea from 2 friends. They called me "AngieCroft" after shooting fotos from me as lara.

LARAMANIAC
26th Sep 2002, 11:24
My family and friends think that I am a total maniac about Tombraider so hence the name! ;)
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

LeeO
26th Sep 2002, 18:55
My first name and last initial! There's inventive. I was going to change it... but I can't really be bothered.

infinite_sadness
26th Sep 2002, 18:58
well....

I like Smashing pumpkins

Prelude
27th Sep 2002, 01:09
Shall I..........

Naaaaa

Goose Master
28th Sep 2002, 20:30
I made my name goose master as i am the master of all geese and on all the other forums im on i got a name with somthing to do with an animal or goose in.

DaveJ
29th Sep 2002, 08:38
Originally posted by infinite_sadness
well....

I like Smashing pumpkins

I love to do that!

My online name contains the letters used in my 5 digit access code to The Pentagon.
Just re-arranged.

Lara Croft Online
29th Sep 2002, 08:55
If your name is fairly obvious then don't worry about explaining it

Ok I won't :D

V_Croft
29th Sep 2002, 14:23
"V" stands for my first name (Vaso). "Croft" is one of my nicks. I have played TR3, 4, and 5 together with a friend of mine, so we decided to have the following nicks: She would be Lara and I would be Croft - lol. So is the "V_Croft"...

LadyLC
29th Sep 2002, 14:42
very boring--initials and residence
;)

Deekman
29th Sep 2002, 17:05
Cap'n Deek Skusting.
Explanations elsewhere if you look hard enough.

Jade
29th Sep 2002, 18:29
like the colour, like the rock, like the name.

BeKs
29th Sep 2002, 22:50
Erm .... i chose this cause its my name :p Maybe i should come up with something groovy and put it in brackets LOL Dont want to be all left out. Something that maybe sums up who i am ...

1. Beks (Crazy_Mad_Redline_Rider)
2. Beks (Kinda_Wierd_but_heart's_in_the_right_place_(they are mean to be in a box in the wardrobe right?)
3. Beks (erm_im_quite_boring_really_aren't_i?)

:p

Prelude
29th Sep 2002, 23:07
Ah bless you Beks, I always thought you named yourself that becos you drink a lot of the beer!!!!!! (only joking love ;) )

BTW yeah that's where I keep my heart as well :D

troublewolf
1st Oct 2002, 04:31
Trouble is my nickname, I had it for years and I love wolves so troublewolf! The tag line is a saying I've said after years of being in retail (LOL):D

Nena
4th Oct 2002, 03:01
I was always called that when i was lil and im still called that.So thats it well i know is borin but ppl still are curious.:p :D :) :rolleyes:

Solaris
5th Oct 2002, 18:31
Originally posted by THE True Lara

Dagger, I love your Lara gif in your sig!

Thank You!:D

and Thank You Chronicles5!:D

Sneily
11th Oct 2002, 13:14
Weeelll, it's a bit strange... my nick in Finnish is 'etuna' so I had to try to translate it. It's not actually a real word except that it is... but in wrong meaning.... Well, anyway it's snail -> sneil -> sneily... And why so? 'Cause My computer's too slow :p

Polar_Andromeda
16th Oct 2002, 23:35
Well, I got polar when I was trying to come up with a nick for yahoo, and it suggested polar to go with my first name (andromeda) and I liked it. Since then, I've pretty much used it everywhere.

TheBoo
17th Oct 2002, 01:57
My nick was foisted on me by my friends at work; derived from the cartoon bears of Jellystone Park (remember Yogi bear and Boo Boo bear?). I have no idea how it happened, but it stuck.:)

Navel Raider
17th Oct 2002, 04:10
My online name?
I´ll tell you a curiousity, hence my online name.
I like charming, beautiful, intelligent (it´s important too) women.
Real or virtual ones (it counts the ones from videogames).
And as I like beautiful women, I also like... ...FEMALE NAVELS.
CHARMING FEMALE NAVELS!!
(Unpierced and no tatoos in the belly, please!)
As Lara Croft is (one of ) the most sexy virtual women of the world (correct me if I get wrong), Lara´s navel is so sexy, Lara´s navel is a dream, ooh-la-la!!!
I joined the words Navel and Raider (from her game´s name) to call myself NAVEL RAIDER, the supergamer internaut who likes women who have physical, mental and spiritual beauty (and sexy navels... :D :D :D :D :D :D ).
If someone liked my description, send me a Private Message, please.

rocconorth
17th Oct 2002, 04:39
Originally posted by Navel Raider
My online name?
CHARMING FEMALE NAVELS!!
As Lara Croft is (one of ) the most sexy virtual women of the world (correct me if I get wrong), Lara´s navel is so sexy, Lara´s navel is a dream, ooh-la-la!!!
I joined the words Navel and Raider (from her game´s name) to call myself NAVEL RAIDER, the supergamer internaut who likes women who have physical, mental and spiritual beauty (and sexy navels... :D :D :D :D :D :D ).

Come on!!! Somebody send this guy a PM and put him out of his misery.

DaveJ
17th Oct 2002, 08:05
Would you?

GoranAgar
17th Oct 2002, 08:27
I have another button here I could try. But maybe it is just cultural misunderstanding on my part.

Godfather
17th Oct 2002, 11:43
My online name?
CHARMING FEMALE NAVELS!!

Gosh and me thought I was obsessed with Lara Croft ... ;) :D

Lord Croft
17th Oct 2002, 13:16
There..... think of it what you want.

http://www2.arnes.si/~jrom/pics/ajtattoo.jpg

THE True Lara
17th Oct 2002, 13:34
please tell me she wrote that on in biro.... :rolleyes:

Polar_Andromeda
17th Oct 2002, 14:20

I don't know if you've noticed, but Lara's navel is pierced in certain games.

Jewell
17th Oct 2002, 20:54
which games?

DaveJ
17th Oct 2002, 21:07
TR3.

The plastic figure one could buy of her in Area 51 clearly has a pierced navel too...I'm looking at it....right now.

Jewell
17th Oct 2002, 21:11
oh, yeah that would make sense
you see, i have yet to own TR3
thanks for tellin me, i was wondering