PDA

View Full Version : Similar games such as Tomb Raider ...

Godfather
20th Sep 2002, 14:52
I've been meaning to ask y'all this question before, but I never got around to it. As DaveJ said (and maybe he's right about it) the only modern videogames I know these days are Tomb Raider and Max Payne. But I would very much like to expand my knowledge of the gameworld.

So, I'm asking y'all this question:

What great action-adventure game (so no shooting of zombies all the time or something stupid like that) preferably presenting a beautiful, strong woman in the lead with the same fantastic 3D-graphics and the same thrilling atmosphere such as any Tomb Raider-game released so far or Max Payne and which isn't too hard to play (such as the new Wolfenstein-game) or which isn't a first-person shooter, but where you can actually see your hero or heroine (so the opposite of a first-person shooter) is really worth buying and playing over and over and over and over again?????? Important: it has to be for sale in my country too. So please, don't come up with any games of which you know they were created in your country and which (for some stupid reason) weren't released on a global scale?

Phew ... well, that's it! I'll be expecting any answers from y'all soon!

btw: does anybody know when the new Max Payne is going to be released ... and whether in the first place there actually is going to be a second Max Payne-game?

Raider Sunrise
20th Sep 2002, 15:08
A friend told me that there is going to be another Max Payne game but I don't know for sure... It may be wrong. But I sure hope there will be another!! :)

DaveJ
20th Sep 2002, 15:21
Heavy Metal:Fakk 2
Star Trek Deep Space 9: The Fallen
Urban Chaos
No-One Lives Forever
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Alice

Not all the above fulfill your criteria (you sound like you want a TR clone....bad move), but they are all games any game fan should try once.

DaveJ
20th Sep 2002, 16:14
Considering your love of cinema, I'd heartily recommend Metal Gear Solid too (and MGS2 if you have a PS2).

The controls are a pain to start with, but for gameplay experience its about the best there is.

If you just want to play video games to see "hot chicks" you're gonna be disappointed ultimately.

Cyber_Punk_303
20th Sep 2002, 21:43
YEAH!!! Metal Gear Solid!!!

I suggest:

1. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (sure, they complain about Lara's handling, but when it comes to Indy, he's even harder to control and no one says anything)!!!

2. Outcast

3. Heretic 2: Yes, there's zombies n stuff, but's it's so fun and cool!!! AWESOME locations, wicked spell effects, good controls, and ya... Good overall.

Godfather
20th Sep 2002, 22:23
Originally posted by DaveJ
No-One Lives Forever

Isn't that with a beautiful woman in the lead as well? (Gosh, do I sound desperate or what? Sorry 'bout that, huh? I just like the view of a woman in the lead. I've seen too many fake Rambo-****ty-movies and I'm sooo tired of it that I want almost nothing else but beautiful women in action)

Seth
20th Sep 2002, 22:37
Originally posted by Godfather
with the same fantastic 3D-graphics

All Tomb Raider (AoD an exception) games use the same game engine used in 1996's Tomb Raider 1.

DaveJ
21st Sep 2002, 08:15
No-One Lives Forever is FPS.

If you want to stare at a womans arse whilst playing, put a picture of one up beside your monitor.

If you think the graphics in TR are "fantastic" you'll have eye-candy enough to look at in any of the other games suggested.

Jorge22
21st Sep 2002, 10:32
Yes, there is going to be a new Max Payne. Maybe next year...

Apart from that, I recomend Alice. Heavy Metal Fakk is too adolescent, nothing like TR although the gameplay is similar, just like a second rate TR.

DaveJ
21st Sep 2002, 12:05
Originally posted by Jorge22
Heavy Metal Fakk is too adolescent, nothing like TR although the gameplay is similar, just like a second rate TR.

You're confusing the hell outta me here. Its like TR or it isn't?
Its 3rd person, has a female lead, includes lots of ass-kicking, and rudimentary puzzle-solving. Now which game was I talking about?
;)

It has stronger language than a TR game and is rated 15+.

Godfather
21st Sep 2002, 15:25
ok, that's all I wanted to know. I'll go for "Heavy Metal Fakk" then. Is that the right title of the game? What does Fakk mean? It sounds like some other dirty word, but that's written differently ... :D

DaveJ
21st Sep 2002, 16:10
FAKK = Federation Assigned Ketogenic Killzone.

Jorge22
21st Sep 2002, 18:40
Well, the ambiance isn't quite like TR's. The animation is comparatively rudimentar. So is the storyline. What are you going to do? There's no TR like TR!:D

DaveJ
21st Sep 2002, 20:07
As it is powered by the Quake 3 engine, the graphics are light years ahead of TR's.

I do bemoan the lack of CGI FMV's in it though..... :(

Jewell
21st Sep 2002, 22:16
Urban Chaos