PDA

View Full Version : Soul Reaver for other consoles

Embla
20th Sep 2002, 07:48
Now that BO2 is confirmed for Nintendo Gamecube, do you think there is a chance for the Soul Reaver part aswell? I know SR2 is exclusive for the PS2, but for how long? For ever?

How about a port of the Dreamcast version of SR1 to the Gamecube or X-box since it is supposed to have better graphics than the PSX version.

blincoln
20th Sep 2002, 19:24
I think this would be cool, but is probably unlikely, given CrystalD's position of not going back to revisit existing games.

Preacher
20th Sep 2002, 19:27
Soul Reaver 2 wasn't an exclusive for the PS2, it was also available on the PC. The only other consoles I'm interested seeing the Soul Reaver series on is the X-Box.

blincoln
21st Sep 2002, 00:11
It was exclusive to the PS2 in console format. I'm sure no one outside of Sony/Eidos/CrystalD knows the exact terms of the deal, such as how long it has to remain exclusive, etc. Personally I think an X-Box port is unlikely, at least for the time being.

Preacher
22nd Sep 2002, 14:02
Originally posted by blincoln
It was exclusive to the PS2 in console format. I'm sure no one outside of Sony/Eidos/CrystalD knows the exact terms of the deal, such as how long it has to remain exclusive, etc. Personally I think an X-Box port is unlikely, at least for the time being.

Porting? I wouldn't really mind. Frankly I'm more than satisfied with the PS2 version. What I meant was that I'd love to see SR3 for the X-Box.

*drools thinking about graphical possibilities*

stained
25th Sep 2002, 04:44
I think we would all like to see SR3 on the x-box. BO2 was on PS2 and X BOX and i hope they follow that trend with SR3

ZelenGangrel
25th Sep 2002, 18:48
I for one hope they dont.

Look at the difference between Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 2 for the PS2, and which one had more work done on it seemingly.

The PS2 version of BO2 sucked in comparison to the X version.

So if they do that with the Soul Reaver series, I dont want to get the suckier version of the game again.

Preacher
25th Sep 2002, 23:35
The only reason the X-Box version was better was because it was released later. Thus giving the developers time to iron out the many, many glitches in the game. From what I hear they still never got all of them.

And besides, the X-Box is a considerably more powerful console, of course the games are gonna run better. And if the X-Box version gets SR3 first, then the PS2 gets it. Wouldn't that mean the PS2 version would be better as the developers could get rid of glitches that may be in the first version?

So, if it's on the X-Box, Groovy. :cool:

If not, Groovy too, I'm still happy with my PS2. :cool:

Jurjen
30th Sep 2002, 23:14
It might be worth pointing out that the XBox version of BO2 was released simultaniously with the PS2 version. The XBox version wasn't worked on longer in any way.

The PS2 version actually was the original, and the XBox version a port, handled externally.