PDA

View Full Version : Mod prob. - No peeps

Hand-E-Food
20th Sep 2002, 03:31
I've been trying to write my own missions, but I cannot get peeps to automatically board my station. What more do I need to do to get them on-board automatcally? Here's an example of the code I'm using.

:PortBuilt
If
Port_Count > 0
Then
Set Salt_Hog_Every 40
Set Salt_Hog_Max 4
Set ArrivalInterval 0
Disable
End

AlphaOmega
22nd Sep 2002, 04:11
Check the modding section at StarTopia Post for tips. Be sure to check out all listed websites and email their owners if you are really stuck.

cryptophore
23rd Sep 2002, 20:26
I dont konw about the commands you use, but if you want to just stream them in via your port, you can make a trigger to place_peep them every few often, as long as their count is below some threshhold.

Hand-E-Food
24th Sep 2002, 05:24
I was hoping not to have to resort to that.

What do you do -- or don't you do -- to get peeps to board the station?

Pinky the Cow
24th Sep 2002, 08:15
Originally posted by Hand-E-Food
I've been trying to write my own missions, but I cannot get peeps to automatically board my station. What more do I need to do to get them on-board automatcally? Here's an example of the code I'm using.

:PortBuilt
If
Port_Count > 0
Then
Set Salt_Hog_Every 40
Set Salt_Hog_Max 4
Set ArrivalInterval 0
Disable
End

It's my first encounter with this kind of line, try discarding it.

Hand-E-Food
25th Sep 2002, 01:31
Didn't work. ArrivalInterval defaults to zero anyway.

Quoted from the Mod Guide:

ArrivalInterval - If set to zero, uses the <peep>_every system. Otherwise, how many seconds (on average) between non-scripted peeps joining a queue for station entry. If a peep joins a queue but is of a disallowed type, the interval will appear longer because they won't make it onto the lift. Setting the <peep>_ratio variable for that peep type to zero prevents this.

If a peep joins a queue but is of a disallowed type...

Do you have to do anything to allow specific peep races?

Hand-E-Food
26th Sep 2002, 05:47
I've fixed it.

peeptype_every
peeptype_ratio
peeptype_max
arrivalinterval

These variables are the only case sensitive variables I've ever come across. I guess this is because they have a deep and meaningful relationship with the game mechanics. As long as you write them in lower case, they work. If you change their case, it changes it in the game and the automatic peep generator can't find it anymore.

Thanks for your assistance.