PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Accounts on Devices

Mitsuomi
27th Dec 2012, 18:12
There should be a way to delete accounts from devices. My phone is 2 years old. I can easily sell my current phone to afford a new phone. But GC is preventing me from selling my phone to buy a new one. It really isn't fair to the users even though I understand why this is being done. I mean, what am I supposed to do? Sell my phone and just hope the new owner doesn't play GC? At least allow users to contact customer service to allow deactivation of devices. Just telling users not to sell their devices is just not right.

Mitsuomi
27th Dec 2012, 18:42
Or what if People need to RMA a device back to apple or squaretrade warranty and get a new device. The broken device is no doubt sent to be refurbished. Whoever gets that refurbished device will have access to the GC account. There are plenty of other scenarios where this situation plays out. please consider a device deactivation method. It is in everyone's best interest.

Mitsuomi
27th Dec 2012, 19:06
One last thought as a concerned customer. Consider the other side of the coin. There are a large number of used apple devices in circulation. What if a new player wanting to start that just bought a used device and by chance finds that this device is already linked to an account. You, square-enix, will lose the prospect of a new player. If this issue were to be posted as a review on itunes as a warning to prospective new players, you will also lose new players. This may result in a sizeable loss in incoming new players for your game. So, fixing this issue is also in your best interest.