PDA

View Full Version : Dumah/Umah connection?



Preacher
19th Sep 2002, 20:55
How odd... almost the same name... anyone think this holds any significance?

Jeffers
19th Sep 2002, 21:12
I don't think so unless umah travels back in time to be his mum, or Dumah is her human farther. What a horrible thought, I won't follow it any further.....

Jeffers

Lady Kreliana
20th Sep 2002, 03:34
Kain falling in love with his 'granddaughter' would be really.......freaky. :P

I think that the only connection Dumah and Umah really have is their names.

Umah Bloodomen
20th Sep 2002, 21:23
Sheesh...now we are really grasping at straws. :p

Preacher
20th Sep 2002, 21:33
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Sheesh...now we are really grasping at straws. :p

Uh... I wasn't exactly trying to base a theory around that, was I? If you go to the gamefaqs boards you'll see my theories have a lot more to them than similar sounding names.

What I wanted to know why Amy (or the script writers) would choose a name so similar to Dumah? Was it intentional, or were they just out of good ideas for names?

Umah Bloodomen
20th Sep 2002, 21:58
my sarcasm tags. :rolleyes:


Originally posted by Preacher


Uh... I wasn't exactly trying to base a theory around that, was I? If you go to the gamefaqs boards you'll see my theories have a lot more to them than similar sounding names.

Did I say you were formulating a theory here? :rolleyes: No, I don't believe I did. I get it, you must of missed this smiley:

:p

<sarcasm> Looks like sarcasm is still a lost artform. </sarcasm>

I am sure you have a lot of good theories on other boards just as you have had on this one. I don't frequent the gamefaqs board and probably won't start anytime soon, so trying to prove that you are capable of theorizing really holds no place here, seeing that it was never a question of if you could or could not.

Preacher
20th Sep 2002, 23:08
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

I am sure you have a lot of good theories on other boards just as you have had on this one. I don't frequent the gamefaqs board and probably won't start anytime soon, so trying to prove that you are capable of theorizing really holds no place here, seeing that it was never a question of if you could or could not.

meh... you don't know what you're missing. Oh, and I didn't mean to be rude, it's just I always get this negative flaming sort of vibe from you whenever you post a reply to me.

Umah Bloodomen
20th Sep 2002, 23:25
Originally posted by Preacher


meh... you don't know what you're missing. Oh, and I didn't mean to be rude, it's just I always get this negative flaming sort of vibe from you whenever you post a reply to me.


Preacher, I tend to be rather sarcastic...moreso lately (long story as to why on this that I will refrain from getting into at this point). I wasn't kidding when I said sarcasm is a lost artform. Don't take it too personally, that isn't my intention to come across to you in such a "negative" manner.

Most of my sarcasm is generalized anyway, if I meant it towards you, I'd make sure to make that quite clear.

Think this is negative, you should see when I really pull my claws out and dig into someone. ;) :p

Besides, I don't flame, I keep my personal attacks to myself as they have no place in a public forum. <sarcasm>Although my sarcasm has been confused for flaming at one time, but that thread is long since dead. </sarcasm>

Now smile before I get angry...

;)

EDIT Oh and btw, I don't get around to gamefaqs board because I have too many other endeavors to work on and I can barely keep up with this board as it is. :p ;)
I have heard it is pretty cool...perhaps sometime down the road I will get around to checking it out.

Preacher
21st Sep 2002, 00:00
Groovy! :)

Thanks, I'm sorry if I've come off as offensive. And I know what you mean by the sarcasm thing, you suddenly reminded me of this girl I know who's like that. :rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
21st Sep 2002, 00:03
Is that a good or a bad thing? :p

necropotence
21st Sep 2002, 04:04
Are you guy's gonna kiss?

Power reaver
21st Sep 2002, 07:24
Dont start that Necropotence , dont you think we have already strayed enough from the topic of this thread ?

Dumah and Umah , hmmmm , that never really clicked to me ...

Good going Preacher , finally a new thing to discuss about . :D

OK , well my main theory goes like this .

Umah is Dumahs daugther . The human Dumahs daughter , wow this could bring Umah into a more significant role in LOK . Those who want her back in the LOK series , could get what they are looking for .

The Timeline would go like this :

Dumah is born

Dumah gets a child , Umah

Dumah is killed by mysterious blue creature while defending the heart of Darkness .

Umah (probably) follows Dumahs footsteps and becomes Sarafan and dies fighting .

Lots of stuff happens (pre BO - pre BO2)

Umah is turned Vampire by Vorador

She helps Kain

She betrays Kain

Kain kills her , even though he feels for her

100 yrs later he ressurects Dumah , Umahs father , as a Vampire , along with his Bros .

1000 yrs later Dumah throws Raz in the abyss

a few centuries later , Dumah is killed by mysterious blue creature , Raziel (again)

The Irony of it all :

1) Umah could have become Dumahs mother , while actually he is his father , wouldent that make Kain , Dumahs Son in Law !!!:eek:


2) Raz could be Umahs uncle !!! (no relation in blood though , but a kind of Vampire relationship)

3) Umahs sire is Vorador , whos sire is Janos Audron , who is murdered by human Dumah who is human Umahs father .


Ohhh boy , wow this is a great topic .

FierceClaw
21st Sep 2002, 11:16
Wow, and I thought Woody Allen's family tree was complicated!

Sorry, I couldn't resist ;) .

warpsavant
21st Sep 2002, 21:35
LOL

Some guy in the credits, his last name is Dumah I think.

Preacher
21st Sep 2002, 21:38
Really? Cool.

All the sarafan brethren are named after angels, aren't they? I made a great topic on it back at gamefaqs. In fact, I'll try and post a link to it.

Preacher
21st Sep 2002, 21:41
Whew... it was just a 3 topics away from dying! I bumped it though, so read and enjoy.

http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=32493&topic=4089127

warpsavant
21st Sep 2002, 21:42
okay

Angel of Music
22nd Sep 2002, 06:51
Originally posted by Preacher
Really? Cool.

All the sarafan brethren are named after angels, aren't they? I made a great topic on it back at gamefaqs. In fact, I'll try and post a link to it.
Not all of them. Rahab is/was a primordial sea monster. The words Rahab and Leviathan mean the same thing in ancient Hebrew. Also, the angel named Dumah was also called the angel of death. The word dumah also means the stillness and silence of death. I believe that this is what the makers were driving at, considering the city of Dumaheim and it's utter desolation. I am also of the opinion that dumah and Umah share no other similarity. Dumah was such a bit player in Soul Reaver 1, I seriously doubt he will have much of a recurring role. Turel on the other hand.........well, the possibilities are nice to think about.

Rook
22nd Sep 2002, 07:07
Rahab

Pronunciation: (rA'hab), —n. a harlot of Jericho who gave shelter to the two agents sent by Joshua to spy on the city. Josh. 2.


Courtesy of www.infoplease.com

;) :D

TG_Syd
22nd Sep 2002, 07:07
Originally posted by Angel of Music

Not all of them. Rahab is/was a primordial sea monster. The words Rahab and Leviathan mean the same thing in ancient Hebrew. Also, the angel named Dumah was also called the angel of death. The word dumah also means the stillness and silence of death. I believe that this is what the makers were driving at, considering the city of Dumaheim and it's utter desolation. I am also of the opinion that dumah and Umah share no other similarity. Dumah was such a bit player in Soul Reaver 1, I seriously doubt he will have much of a recurring role. Turel on the other hand.........well, the possibilities are nice to think about.

If that is true than why did Dumah get an action figure:D

Angel of Music
22nd Sep 2002, 16:37
Originally posted by TG_Syd


If that is true than why did Dumah get an action figure:D
That is a very good question. But I imagine that the answer is simply because someone would drop some green for it. Action figure or no, Dumah was still a bit player in Soul Reaver 1. IMO, the brethren, other than Turel, were just plot devices. they might become more influential to the story as Nosgoth's history is revealed in the next games, but for now, they don't mean much. They are just part of a false future.

Persephone Coorhagen
26th Sep 2002, 23:45
I'm on your boat, Angel of Music. I think that Dumah and Umah are just really minor characters in LOK. Although, Power Reaver's theory is REALLY cool, and a definite possibility, I don't see it serving a purpose in the plot other than being, y'know, friggin weird. And that really doesn't develop the story line any.

Angel of Music, guide and guardian, grant to me your glory! Angel of Music, hide no longer, come to me, strange angel!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.