PDA

View Full Version : i have a question about web site building

Tombraidachick
19th Sep 2002, 02:26
when i want to put a mail to link in what do i do i want it so when the people click on the address it goes right to write mail (im using tripod, if that makes an difference)

GoranAgar
19th Sep 2002, 09:57
The code is:
<a href="mailto:mod-agar@gmx.net">Email me</a>

Tombraidachick
19th Sep 2002, 14:50
Originally posted by GoranAgar
The code is:
<a href="mailto:mod-agar@gmx.net">Email me</a>

thanx but when i click on it it opens up into outlook express. i want it to open up into like write mail how it does on aol...

GoranAgar
19th Sep 2002, 17:41
The code is correct. It is your browser's fault. Everyone has to tell his browser what his email program is. Of course Microsoft can not imagine that anyone would want to use something other than Outlook so it is set to Outlook by default, but stranger things happened. So tell your browser in the Internet Options what email client it is supposed to use.

Tombraidachick
19th Sep 2002, 18:11
Originally posted by GoranAgar
The code is correct. It is your browser's fault. Everyone has to tell his browser what his email program is. Of course Microsoft can not imagine that anyone would want to use something other than Outlook so it is set to Outlook by default, but stranger things happened. So tell your browser in the Internet Options what email client it is supposed to use.

the only other choice is hotmail.... i want aol.....