PDA

View Full Version : Chris@Crystal SR3 Extras Suggestion

Time Streamer
18th Sep 2002, 19:19
Althought it's probably too early to say anything about this, but saying this in advance doesn't hurt I hope. It would be nice if any possible extras or such would be placed in a separate bonus DVD along with the SR3 disk. This way they wouldn't eat away the precious space from each other and both the game disk and extras disk could be filled without fear of anything being removed or left out, hopefully.

This way the extras disk could easily include interviews with cast&crew in a more larger scale than in SR2 and other bits of stuff about the making of the game etc...

Anubis_Orr
18th Sep 2002, 19:36
One DVD would be enough for all that, remember DVD's are 4.7GB while CD's are only 700mb, you could probably fit all four games and the extras on one DVD

Chris@Crystal
18th Sep 2002, 22:53
Hi,
I believe that Anubis_Orr is correct, DVDs have lots of space. But I will pass on your suggestion.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Lozza Mate
19th Sep 2002, 07:10
the europian version of SR2 had a lot of extras removed because of the lack of space (europian version needed to contain five languages, while US version was only english)

Time Streamer
19th Sep 2002, 17:42
Thanks Chris. :)

Serul
19th Sep 2002, 19:30
Originally posted by Lozza Mate
the europian version of SR2 had a lot of extras removed because of the lack of space (europian version needed to contain five languages, while US version was only english)

As far as I know there weren't any extra's removed from SR2, other then that BO2 preview movie, if that's what you mean.

Embla
20th Sep 2002, 05:18
Originally posted by Serul

As far as I know there weren't any extra's removed from SR2, other then that BO2 preview movie, if that's what you mean.

Michael Bell talking about playing Soul Reaver...
That was not included in my SR2 bonus material.

Power reaver
20th Sep 2002, 09:15
I got no extras , it just aint fare I tell you . They should atleast put up somethings for download , seeing that its almost been a year since SR2 released .

vegeta
20th Sep 2002, 14:26
i am a big fan of this series even though i've only played soul reaver. i need help in the cathedral. i've turned on one switch
and can't find the other. plus i do not know how the blocks in the rooms should be moved. can someone please help?

Power reaver
20th Sep 2002, 16:22
Welcome Vegeta . Its great to meet a fellow LOK and DBZ fan (as Iam 1 too)

There are links here :

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5785

Good Luck ! :)

vegeta
20th Sep 2002, 19:19
the thread message sats it is an invalid thread what do i do now?
and thank you, i am a very big fan of both, do you follow the SG-1 series?

Power reaver
21st Sep 2002, 05:04
Thats because Chris merged both the SR2 Gameplay help thread (by Umah Bloodomen) and SR Gameplay help thread (by me :D ) as I had asked him to . The new thread is

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3757

Once again , Good Luck ! :)

Reaper007
23rd Sep 2002, 18:08
here is my suggestions for sr3. if u have to, delay the game 10 times, make sure it is the best game in the series so far. put back the the boss creatures, make the game HUGE! 3 cds if u have to, put options like plot twists, multiple endings, dont let people "hack" the game to get to places that were cut out due to bugs(fix them and let us play those areas!). and the most important one of all.............................................

MAKE SURE THE SERIES DOESNT END IN SR3!

Reaper007

Anubis_Orr
23rd Sep 2002, 19:10
Personally I'd rather have it end in SR3 instead of going on for more and more sequels getting more stagnant as it goes along. Or have an end to this particular saga and then go on for more games... I just don't want to see a game with this kind of story ending on a unclosed story like StarCraft or various other games.... I NEED closure! :D

FierceClaw
24th Sep 2002, 08:18
I completely agree. I want CD to let Amy Hennig take all the time she needs to figure out how best to tie up all the plot threads of the series within SR3.

EDIT: Reworded slightly for clarity

Secrets Of Nosgoth
14th Oct 2002, 06:43
If it doesn't end with SR3, then definately no more than one sequel after it. But I doubt that'll be an issue.

I'd love to see what else CD can do for a game similar in nature (epic/action/adventure). Have a fresh start. Kind of like Silicon Knights with Eternal Darkness.

vegeta
14th Oct 2002, 14:37
Originally posted by Secrets Of Nosgoth
If it doesn't end with SR3, then definately no more than one sequel after it. But I doubt that'll be an issue.

I'd love to see what else CD can do for a game similar in nature (epic/action/adventure). Have a fresh start. Kind of like Silicon Knights with Eternal Darkness. WHAT KIND OF JOB DID SISLICON KNIGHTS DO WITH BO1, BECAUSE THE MUSIC, GRAPHICS AND JUST THE WHOLE DAMNED SHOW THAT CRYSTAL DYNAMICS DID WITH SR1 IS SOOO OFF THE CHAIN TO ME AND A LOT OF THE FELLAS I GOT INTO PLAYING IT, WE'RE ALL HOOKED ON AMY :D BY THE WAY WHO DID THE JOB ON SR2ANDBO2

Power reaver
14th Oct 2002, 17:39
SR3 definately needs to end this story , maybe a new Saga can begin afterwards but the Soul Reaver Saga will probably end with SR3 .

ohh and Vegeta , please dont use the caps all the time , it looks like your shouting or something .:)

vegeta
15th Oct 2002, 05:03
Originally posted by Power reaver
SR3 definately needs to end this story , maybe a new Saga can begin afterwards but the Soul Reaver Saga will probably end with SR3 .

ohh and Vegeta , please dont use the caps all the time , it looks like your shouting or something .:) :rolleyes: HEY DUDE!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME I HEARD FROM YOU I THOUGHT SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED ARE YOU OK. ANYWAY, I'LL TRY BUT TYPING IN CAPS IS A NORM FOR ME ;) ANYWAY I HAVE BLOOD OMEN, I JUST BOUGHT IT THIS AFTERNOON. IT DEFINATELY CLEARS MOST OF MY QUESTIONS UP

Power reaver
15th Oct 2002, 05:10
yeah Iam fine , except that I have to complete Huge Assignments and submit them by Monday , other then that Iam just fine .;)

ZelenGangrel
21st Oct 2002, 23:34
Why do people always want a good thing to end? So we can go back to the rest of the crap that's out there.

I dont see anyone ever saying (besides me anyway) that FF should end, and its on its 10th game. SR3 will only be #5 for LoK.

Now I agree that the Blood Omen and Soul Reaver series need to wrap up, but I dont agree the series needs to end. Just continue in a different direction.

keepittrue
22nd Oct 2002, 00:18
Originally posted by ZelenGangrel
Why do people always want a good thing to end? So we can go back to the rest of the crap that's out there.

I dont see anyone ever saying (besides me anyway) that FF should end, and its on its 10th game. SR3 will only be #5 for LoK.

Now I agree that the Blood Omen and Soul Reaver series need to wrap up, but I dont agree the series needs to end. Just continue in a different direction.

Calm down Zelen I believe you are saying exactly what everyone else was saying as well.

FierceClaw
22nd Oct 2002, 09:09
Originally posted by ZelenGangrel

The difference is that the FF games are unrelated in regards to their stories, so people don't have to sit around waiting to find out what happens next. Most people won't mind waiting a long time for SR3 if it means that it will be great, but I don't think too many people want to keep starting new periods of waiting after each game.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Oct 2002, 15:53
And how exactly do you plan on the series "not ending"?

No offense, but it is Legacy of Kain and we are all speculating Kain will eventually succumb to death sooner or later. :p

Perhaps a Legacy of Janos/Vorador/Turelezevir/Moebius/Whoever :p would work I suppose. But there are no guarantees with those seeing the light of day.

TheElderGodofNosgoth
23rd Oct 2002, 18:39
Working on the same thing day in and day out is draining on anyone. The people in CD might not want to continue working on LoK even if the greate majority of the gamers out there want more games. If sequil after sequil came out, such as in F.F. at some point LoK would just become a disapointment.I would not want to work on the same gaming series for a decade. A nice tight ending to LoK is what most gamers want and I support and I want that too.

ZelenGangrel
24th Oct 2002, 18:27
Why does Kain's legacy have to end with his death? A legacy is something that happnes that carries on after that person's death.

For instance, what would you consider Vorador's legacy? All the stuff that happened while he was alive, or all the implications his life had that changed everything in the world because of it.
:cool: