PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy - Worth Playing?

Kairi101
26th Dec 2012, 19:47
Is Final Fantasy worth playing? I've looked it up on YouTube and watched some videos about it....It lookes really interesting. I've got mixed replies when I asked my friends at school who played this, some yes, or some no. Any suggestions?

Zench-XIII
26th Dec 2012, 19:50
Play some of the games and judge by yourself.

member_10690369
26th Dec 2012, 20:36
The first Final Fantasy? Sure it's worth playing but you have to put yourself in the mindset that you are playing a 25 year old game.

member_10628951
26th Dec 2012, 20:41
I could maybe suggest a Final Fantasy that you would really like but a few questions:

Do you like turn based battle systems or more active battle systems?

Are you playing for gameplay, music, character development, story or all four? Other?

What kind of setting do you like? Medieval? Sci-Fi? Steam punk? A little bit of realism?

Just answer those and I can suggest you one of the many great Final Fantasy's.

member_10189072
26th Dec 2012, 20:45
It's a JRPG, so it's pretty simple. :3 Some people will say that if you play one, you've played them all, but that's really in terms of game mechanics. The more recent ones - XII, XIII, and XIII-2 - differ from the previous incarnations of the series. Each game has its own plot and doesn't necessarily need to be played in any particular order (except in the cases of X and X-2 and XIII and XIII-2 respectively). I think if you've looked it up on YouTube and still are curious, you should give it a go - clearly your interest hasn't waned. :3

akjhu_
26th Dec 2012, 20:53
Start with 7. For a beginner it is probably the easiest of all FF, in my opinion. It was my first, and it hooked me into purchasing most of all of the others that I could get my hands on.

housam101
22nd Mar 2013, 20:10
Hi im reletavily new to the final fantasy series ive played ff7 and beat both ff13 and 13-2 and now im looking into playing an older game on my ps3. i was thinking of just starting off with ff1 and ff2 but since they arent exactly connected i was wondering which one should i start off with?

Tekeion
22nd Mar 2013, 20:31
I would recommend starting on final fantasy 9, see is how that was my favorite one in the series. the card game is what got me hooked in the first place. then from there just work your way up from 10-12.

housam101
22nd Mar 2013, 20:51
i will give it a shot hopefully it isnt as childish as it looks. which ff was it where it started off with a group of kids having a snowball fight?

member_10168025
22nd Mar 2013, 20:54
i will give it a shot hopefully it isnt as childish as it looks. which ff was it where it started off with a group of kids having a snowball fight?

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Is the snowball fight Final Fantasy intro.

destruction7
22nd Mar 2013, 21:08
but the rest of the game is good to play!

housam101
22nd Mar 2013, 21:14

i wasnt insulting it i was just thinking of going back to play ff tactics. im thinking of just getting a ps vita and playing dissidia as well and starting my journey into the past on the vita.

member_10168025
22nd Mar 2013, 21:33

i wasnt insulting it i was just thinking of going back to play ff tactics. im thinking of just getting a ps vita and playing dissidia as well and starting my journey into the past on the vita.

To be honest, even though as great of a game as dissidia is, I cannot recommend it if you've never played any FF"s besides FFVII, and the XIII series.

It will ruin a lot of the other titles for you. It ruined like 2 titles for me. :/

housam101
22nd Mar 2013, 22:04
im rethinking going into the older series for ps 1 and 2. since the hd remake of 10 is coming this year ill only go from there and up including final fantasy tactics(excluding 11). i just want to have some usage time for the ps vita if i were to get one.

Hypnotic
22nd Mar 2013, 22:18
All of them are amazing in their own ways but my recomendation would have to be FF8. It has character you will grow to care about and has an amazing card game that gets super adicting when trying to get the character cards and GF cards. It also has something called the junction system which is only in this game and is really fun to mess around with plus you make your weps.

moooka
24th Mar 2013, 04:44
All of the main FF games are not connected, not just FF1 and 2. If you're planning to play the entire series, it may be good to play FF1 first. But otherwise, I recommend FF9 and 8 as they're some of the series' best. You can also try FF4-6, they are also great.

FatSqueek
24th Mar 2013, 10:36
Lost Odyssey

Sweenix
26th Mar 2013, 19:42
9 is the best, by far

alanman178
26th Mar 2013, 19:51
Lost Odyssey

I call that game FF12.5 lol

A very well-written story IMO.

A well-made game all around.