PDA

View Full Version : LOK series Art Contest Discussion

Chris@Crystal
17th Sep 2002, 22:11
Hello Artists,
Thanks to the great idea by Necropotence, we are having an Legacy of Kain series Art Contest! Any original Blood Omen or Soul Reaver themed art is welcome. It can be drawings, computer art, paintings, sculptures, you name it. You must be able to post it or a photo of it here in the LOK forums. The deadline for the contest is October 15, 2002 and will be judged by some members of the Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver team. Pick your favorite piece of art to enter in the contest, there is only one entree per person.

The prizes are as follows:

1st prize - Soul Reaver 2 poster and SR1-2 promo soundtrack
2nd prize - Soul Reaver 1 promotional stand up and SR1-2 promo soundtrack
3rd prize - SR1-2 promo soundtrack

Post your art in the thread marked "POST ART HERE!"

Good-luck!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Preacher
17th Sep 2002, 22:29
If only I was good at art... :(

necropotence
17th Sep 2002, 23:35
Just draw a picture and post it.

No one else has even posted anything yet. Plus if you remember the rules no ones going to say anything bad about you're work. I made that a rule to avoid people from being to embarised to post their art.

willow
18th Sep 2002, 00:17
*giggles with eeevil delight*

well anyone who needs their pic hosted can email them to me (if you like).

Hey Chris, any chance that we can get the prized signed by anyone available on the staff? I just think it'd be kind of cool :)
(option I suppose... in case someone doesn't like the idea... and they win)

Umah Bloodomen
18th Sep 2002, 00:45
If we already have the soundtrack can we mix and match? A poster or a standup would sure look cool.

Hey, I'll even take a signed Butterfly Lord poster. ;)

**runs away before she gets slapped*** ;)

Ranmyaku
18th Sep 2002, 03:13
Ya know, I just got a new sketchbook and new inking pens over the weekend. Great timing, so now I can test 'em out. :)

I may not be the best drawer, but I'm gonna try something new. This is extremely inspiring after all. I gots lots of ideas for what I wanna draw. *plot-plot-scheme* I feel like Moebius now. :p

Power reaver
18th Sep 2002, 07:22
Iam good at drawing Raz , heck I have taken up Technical Drawing and the Free Hand sketching and shading is my speciality . I have some excellent pics of Raz just standing there , doing nothing . Unfortunately I got no scanner to scan , oh well , I ll go back to being evil now .

Lozza Mate
18th Sep 2002, 11:35
This is all I've got (be gentle :p)
http://home.iprimus.com.au/vieux1/lozza-wraith.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/vieux1/lozza-wraith2.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/vieux1/lozza-raziel.jpg

necropotence
18th Sep 2002, 15:29
Good job Lozza Mate :)

Raz
18th Sep 2002, 15:31
Well, I may as well post my pics... ;)

Be gentle, this is my first time posting any of my work! Now, for your viewing pleasure, here are my sketches... Enjoy! :D

Edit: Having a lil' trouble posting my pics... will try to fix! :p

Edit: Actually, does anyone know a free hosting service which will allow me to link to my images? :p

Riovanes
18th Sep 2002, 16:06
Hmmm... If I could draw anything more detailed than a stick figure, I'm sure I'd do well here... However, hold a SCRIPTING contest, and I'll whomp all y'all!

BAH!!!

Chris@Crystal
18th Sep 2002, 18:26
Umah,
I'll be sending you out a signed 8X10 signed glossy print of the Butterfly Lord, just because you are so cute and flirtatious. ;)

Willow,
If you happen to win I'd be happy to get your prizes signed by anyone you want that still works here. Also if any of you would like to send in your instruction manuals from any LOK games with a self addressed return mailer, I'd be happy to get them signed by anyone you want. How does that sound? Contact me for the address.

Good luck to everyone with the Art contest, i believe I have Sam Newman and Steve Ross from the BO2 team signed on to help judge the pics.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Raz
18th Sep 2002, 18:40
Getting LoK merchandise signed by people related to LoK?! :eek:

That's a "must do" if I ever did hear of one... ;)

Chris@Crystal
18th Sep 2002, 19:32
Just confirmed as a judge for the Art contest, Daniel Cabuco from the Soul Reaver team!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Serul
18th Sep 2002, 19:43
The 15th of October... I should have something done by then. :)

Thanks Chris and of course Necropotence (it was his idea after all) for setting this up! :D

dago
18th Sep 2002, 20:28
i wona enter...but i dont have a scanner...

when does the competition stop???

Persephone Coorhagen
19th Sep 2002, 03:04
Raz - If you want to, you can email your pictures to me and I'll upload them to my homestead space.

Sarah
19th Sep 2002, 06:36
Humilate myself via art? Oh boy--how soon can I begin?
I mean to say--sure, why not? Willow-I will probably be emailing you some thingies, if that's quite all right with you?

Lozza Mate
19th Sep 2002, 07:15
heh, if things continue the way they are, I might not have any compitition! :p

I'm hoping to get 3rd place, my drawing aren't that good compared to some of the artists here

Power reaver
19th Sep 2002, 07:26
Preety good , Lozza . Your 2nd pic has a heck of a chance of winning 1st place .

Uggabugg
19th Sep 2002, 14:46
uh i cant post my images cose i gotta pay my hoast to do so :( can any of you hoast some of the lok images so i can post them?

http://www.comicsportfolio.com/portfolio/member.asp?MemberID=7879&PortfolioID=901¨

if you feel like give critiqe please feel free yo do so :)

Umah Bloodomen
19th Sep 2002, 16:25
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Umah,
I'll be sending you out a signed 8X10 signed glossy print of the Butterfly Lord, just because you are so cute and flirtatious. ;)

I may not be able to contain myself! Yay! **clears a spot on her ceiling for the Butterfly Lord pic***

;)

***goes back to attempting to draw a picture***

necropotence
19th Sep 2002, 17:56
I'm officially asking everyones pemission to be in the compitition. Originaly I was'nt planning on being in it because I needed to judge but now I don't need to. So how about it people do you mind if I join?

Serul
19th Sep 2002, 19:26
Originally posted by necropotence
I'm officially asking everyones pemission to be in the compitition. Originaly I was'nt planning on being in it because I needed to judge but now I don't need to. So how about it people do you mind if I join?

I don't see why not... :)

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Raz
19th Sep 2002, 20:45
Finally, here for all to see, are my drawings! :D

http://www.serul-concepts.com/hosted/raz_hosted_img01.jpg

http://www.serul-concepts.com/hosted/raz_hosted_img02.jpg

http://www.serul-concepts.com/hosted/raz_hosted_img03.jpg

I'd like to say a big "Thankyou!" to Serul for helping me out by hosting them for me temporarily!

Thankyou! :D

Crazy Dragon
20th Sep 2002, 03:31
Lurker speaking up finally. Can't resist giving it a shot with my art.

Dunno where I should post my entrys, but here's the links --->
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=147565
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=205051

Those two are more serious pieces that I really like how they turned out.

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=153003
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=102560

And a couple less serious ones. I have a load of comics and stuff in my side 7 gallery. Some, some people may have already seen over at Rove's site.

Aaaand those are my enteries, so pples enjoy! ^_^

~CD

Uggabugg
20th Sep 2002, 17:44
ok since noone has woulenteared(scuse the spelling) to host ill just post the links then, if its okay with chris?

Raziel 2 (http://www.comicsportfolio.com/portfolio/display.asp?ArtworkID=2591)

this is some of my art. i migth post moore but my hoast page is having sligth problems at the moment.
so what do you think?

Edit: i removed the other dravings. im going with the pic above.

necropotence
21st Sep 2002, 00:16
I like the Raziel 2 drawing.

willow
22nd Sep 2002, 00:54
Instead of doing multiple entries, why don't we keep it a bit more professional and only have one per person. It's not an art exhibit, it's a contest.

Lady Kreliana
22nd Sep 2002, 02:32
Originally posted by willow
Instead of doing multiple entries, why don't we keep it a bit more professional and only have one per person. It's not an art exhibit, it's a contest.

I definitely agree. It's also not fair to the people who may only be submitting one drawing.

Raz
22nd Sep 2002, 09:48
I agree also. I was unsure about how many we were allowed to submit at the start, but seeing as people had submitted more than one, I figured I'd follow suit... :o

...I guess that makes me a sheep! :p

Oh well, now I have to choose which piece to enter! ;)

Serul
22nd Sep 2002, 12:28
Can I make a suggestion Raz? Enter the first picture. It looks the best in my opinion. Of course it's still your choice... ;)

To all that posted more then one picture, just edit your original post so as to avoid confusion. Alright? :)

Reaver of Souls
22nd Sep 2002, 20:58
Maybe it's too late but I'd like to suggest splitting this competition into 2 categories:

1.) Original art (straight out of your head and thought up)

2.) "Your Version" type art (your drawing of a pic that already exists).

That way we can see who is the best at drawing Lok characters from an existing picture, and who is the best at making them from scratch & looking like it was made by CD themselves.

What do you all think?

Raz
22nd Sep 2002, 23:00
Serul:

I will! That's my fave too... ;)

Reaver of Souls:

I don't think we should divide the competition into categories. I think it'd be an added hassle.

Besides, art isn't just what appears on the paper. It's about form, shading and loads of other stuff (can you tell I'm artistically minded? ;)). Lots of people base their art on something which has been done already and I think dividing people into categories would be unfair.

Like I said, at the end of the day the judges should look deeper than what actually appears on the paper... in a way! :)

Reaver of Souls
23rd Sep 2002, 02:38
*Just so you know I am just asking because this doesn't make sense to me, i don't want to start an argument (just saying that because that seems to happen easily around here)*

Raz:

It wouldn't really be a hassle, all you would have to do is sort them into two "piles", considering there aren't that many entries yet. Or you could ask the artist to state if the pic is original or "your version" type.

I'm artistical as well, and the only reason I am not entering is because I don't have a scanner at my disposal :mad:. I know art can be judged not by the apperance, but on different attributes. But this competition is about the best overall picture as far as I know.

How would that be unfair? :confused: I'm not saying don't allow it I'm just saying try dividing it to see who is the best at those two things. Comparing an original pose and a copy of an existing one is very different, the original would most likely be not as good because you would need to look at several pics to figure out what that part of that character looks like from that angle or in that position, and it may look kind of strange when it's finished.

And it's all up to the judges what they look for in the entries, if the want to look at what's on the paper and no deeper then that's what they'll do.

One final thing, it could be judged, like you said, on different attributes. They could do best overall, best original, etc. So that really doesn't seem unfair to me.

willow
23rd Sep 2002, 04:34
No, I think it's best if you leave it as is (the competition that is).
Things are always better when left simple.
Multiple categories like that are unneeded.
Also, with that you will exclude a fair amount of people who don't copy art (like me).

Don't know... just seems like a silly idea to me.

Esoteric
23rd Sep 2002, 06:06
You know, to make an accurate likeness of an already existing character normally requires reference material for any artist. Portraiture is kinda like that normally; you either work from images or live models to get the distinctive details of a persons likeness right. I personally prefer not to copy existing art, but thats just me. However, using reference stuff is kinda needed from time to time. Especially if you need to get the details of so-and-so's medallion or clothing right.

I don't think it is neccesary to divide it into different catagories because it adds un-needed complexity to the contest. Not to mention, it is divisive among the artists themselves. Anyway, I believe that whatever artists win this competition will do so for the beauty/excellence of the art itself. ;)

Raz
23rd Sep 2002, 08:50
Reaver of Souls:

When I first heard about this contest I saw it as a great oppurtunity for all artistic forum members to come together as a whole and see each others work. To then have people split into two categories seems a lil', well, I dunno... silly, I guess. It adds complication to the matter. It's not just as easy as splitting people into different categories. I mean, some may expect a first, second and third prize in both categories. I'm not saying I do personally, but some may... Also, some may see it as an insult to their work. For example, to have people who have done original art and those who have "only copied something". Regardless of whether or not the piece is a copy of an already existing image, it still takes raw artisitic talent to come up with a good final piece. ;)

It's true that I say this because my work is based on existing images, and I put a lot of effort into these pieces. To defend my work is natural... That is why I speak not only with myself in mind, but others who base their work on existing images. :)

I know you're intentions are good, but it just seems too complicated to introduce... in my opinion. ;)

Oh, and I know you're not being funny about the contest... ;)

Willow, Esoteric:

Well said! ;)

Lozza Mate
23rd Sep 2002, 11:30
man, I don't wanna have to choose which piece to enter...

Power reaver
23rd Sep 2002, 14:47
Lozza , I think no.2 is the best , enter it . :)

Sekhmet
23rd Sep 2002, 18:25
Hi! :)

I´ll post the images for Feraz (ninax@netcologne.de) (Isle of Morg (http://www.isleofmorg.de.vu/)) because she has probs to register.

Her comic (http://www.geocities.com/comicseite/surprise.html)
(12 images in german)

http://www.legacyofkain.de/image1.jpg
Her Raziel figure.
Made of fimo and painted with oil colors.

http://www.legacyofkain.de/image2.jpg
Her plush Raziel.

Chris@Crystal
23rd Sep 2002, 20:05
Hello All,
After thinking it over, I've decided that we should limit the Art Contest to one entry per person to make it fair. This thread will stay here so you can post all the art you would want and let the other forum members help decide which one to enter into the contest. The other thread I am starting will be for your actual entree into the contest. Discussions in the second thread will be deleted along with any multiple entrees from an individual. If anyone has any problems with this, please let me know. Thanks.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Chris@Crystal
23rd Sep 2002, 22:26
Looks like we have our first official entree into the art contest. Thanks Raz! Any of you others who posted art here in this thread, go ahead and pick your favorite piece and post it into the other thread marked "POST ART HERE". Thanks everyone for your cooperation in making this run smoothly. If anyone posts on any other LOK related sites, please invite them to come enter the contest.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Raz
23rd Sep 2002, 22:54
No worries Chris! ;)

Chris@Crystal
23rd Sep 2002, 23:23
Hi there,
In response to the questions above about splitting the contest, I'm sorry but I'm not willing to do that. I only have one set of prizes for the contest right now. In the future if we decide to do this again, I will take this into consideration. Just let inspiration be your guide and have fun with it!
If anyone has a problem with this, let me know. Thanks.
~Chris

necropotence
23rd Sep 2002, 23:34
Thank's Chris for ending all the questions about the contest. I started this thing and just wanted to keep it simple. When I said art I was including sculptures and ANY other form's of art say for example a poem, I'd say just post it in the official art thread and if it get's bumped then it just pushed the limit's to far. About the originality the art has to be LOK themed so it won't be totally original but say some one directly copied a picture even if it was really good it probably would be hurt in the competition due to it's lack of originality, so I would'nt worry about that.

Thank's everyone for all the feedback and lets have a good contest.

Umah Bloodomen
25th Sep 2002, 02:14
I plan on entering a computer-designed drawing with portions of my actual drawing (or somewhat of an attempt of drawing anyway...LOL) am I able to incorporate other LOK images into it? (Like screenshots or promotional shots or whatever?) Kind of like what I have in my signature images?

Piccasso I am not and drawing Kain and Raziel is proving rather difficult. :p ;)

Crazy Dragon
25th Sep 2002, 02:15
Okies. I pick this one then:

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/...g.pl?INO=147565

for the contest.

Umah Bloodomen
25th Sep 2002, 02:17
Your link is coming up as a "File Not Found" - not a normal one (as in can't find the site), but one on where you are hosting the image.

EDIT Also, I think the submissions are being posted in the other thread now. This is a discussion thread.

Power reaver
1st Oct 2002, 11:21
I have just seen the latest entries and my reaction is

:eek:

Honestly , even if I did enter I wouldent have a chance against those awesome master peices .

Serul
1st Oct 2002, 14:26
Originally posted by Power reaver
I have just seen the latest entries and my reaction is

:eek:

Honestly , even if I did enter I wouldent have a chance against those awesome master peices .

They are very good. :eek: I'm already sweating bullets :p, not just because of the entries (although I must say they are very good), I'm still not sure if I'm getting my picture finished.

I have a few ideas and all, just need to find the time to make it...

FunkyC
5th Oct 2002, 23:46
Woah, some very nice pictures so far! Being as Im a huge fan of the LoK series, I've just gotta enter :)

Can I ask something though? What exactly is that 'Promotional Soundtrack' prize? Is it music from the Soul Reaver games or something? (Or that trance remix song that was available to download on the official LoK site a while ago?)

Thanx!

Umah Bloodomen
6th Oct 2002, 02:18
Its the actual music from SR1/SR2. (I don't think any tracks are remixed on it). I have a copy and its great!

Sarah
7th Oct 2002, 22:51
Um-well, Willow just posted mine; feeling very daunted-I hate watercolors...I tried to stay away from the normal subjects, and went with a more staid Vampire Hunter slaughtering a vampire...Was off on the scanner a little bit, but anyway!
Thank you willow for hosting it!

willow
8th Oct 2002, 08:48
Anytime.

necropotence
8th Oct 2002, 10:56
Just saw willow's entry very good I like it alot!
Umah I liked your's alot to. All of them are really good I just thought I'd let you guys know I really liked yours.

willow
9th Oct 2002, 03:13
Thanks a lot Necro :)
Unfortunately for everyone that I've hosted images for... I've run out of bandwidth for the day (just for the day though) which sucks (which is why the images aren't showing right now)... everything should be back by tomorrow... *grumbles something about needing a new host* (in a few weeks I'll have one;))

Umah Bloodomen
9th Oct 2002, 07:26
Thanks necro! I must say that Turel looks awesome himself. ;)

Now about that 8x10 signed glossy of the Butterfly Lord.... ;) :p

Esoteric
9th Oct 2002, 13:58
mmmm.... I like the one by frostious, very dramatic. Lovely colouring job. :D This is my fave, I think.

Willows drawing is very nice... heh... shirtless Raz! *reowr*. Great shading.

Also like the one by Sekhmet... I think it's the expressions that got me... hehe.

There are others that captured my attention... but those are the ones I like the best. That's my own opinion of course. ;)

Anubis_Orr
9th Oct 2002, 15:18
The entries are all extremely well done, I may not be able to draw a stick figure but I can still appreciate art :D

I think my favorite so far is Feraz's entry, just captures my attention and I like Janos holding his own heart in his hands, almost looks like he's offering it to someone.

[Edit] Crazy Dragon did you base your drawing on anything (besides LoK of course)? I look at it and it strikes me as really really familiar, especially around the face.

Chris@Crystal
10th Oct 2002, 20:12
Hey all,
Just wanted to let you know I have found some additional prizes, including some fully signed SR2 posters, some SR1 posters, and some small double sided cardboard posters. So we might have more winners then just the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd announced earlier. So get your entrees posted before October 15th. I am blown away so far by some of the art. Good-luck.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Raz
10th Oct 2002, 20:25
I am blown away so far by some of the art.

You aren't the only one Chris! :p

I don't feel I can compete against some of the art that's been posted! :p

Anubis_Orr
10th Oct 2002, 21:48
I have found some additional prizes, including some fully signed SR2 posters, some SR1 posters, and some small double sided cardboard posters

Can you elaborate on "fully signed"?

Chris@Crystal
10th Oct 2002, 22:44
Sure I can elaborate.
The posters I have for SR2 are signed by all the members of the team that are still working at Crystal Dynamics. I just counted 14 signitures on the posters. A pretty rare Soul Reaver item you will not find anywhere else. :)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Anubis_Orr
10th Oct 2002, 23:27
Ok thanks..... thought the voice actors might have signed too, that's why I asked :D

Chris@Crystal
11th Oct 2002, 00:13
Hello again,
Prizes seem to be coming in from all over! I've aquired a brand new Soul Reaver 2 tee-shirt for the top winner in the Art contest. This was only available to the SR2 team, so this is almost a one of a kind item! Deadline for the Art contest is still Oct. 15th, so get your entrees in soon!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

FunkyC
11th Oct 2002, 01:05
More prizes? Goodness, you sure are spoiling us! :D *dances for no reason*

(oh yeah, thanks Umah, for letting me know about the CD prize, it sure sounds good) ^__^

Anubis_Orr
11th Oct 2002, 01:22
Can you post some pics of the prizes Chris?

Umah Bloodomen
11th Oct 2002, 07:49
What about my 8x10 signed Butterfly Lord pic? :p ;)

And no problem, FunkyC.

Dylan
11th Oct 2002, 16:18
Hello people! Some of you might know me from a while back, I posted at the old board under the name "Gargoyle". :)

All entries so far look amazing. I'm currently working on mine, I hope to have it done by tomorrow.

By the way, would "art" also include audio? Would be cool if I could enter a sample of Kain's voice I recorded.

Chris@Crystal
11th Oct 2002, 19:46
Hello all,
Prizes have been coming in from all over the company. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the prizes to post. But if you win a prize, you will be able to see it soon enough! I agree that voice recordings could be considered art, but not for this art contest. If you would like to post it anyways, that would be interesting to hear.
Umah, if I sent you your signed 8X10, what would you do with it?

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Serul
11th Oct 2002, 21:02
It's about time you showed your face around here! :D :p

Can't wait for your entry. :)

Umah Bloodomen
11th Oct 2002, 21:53
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Umah, if I sent you your signed 8X10, what would you do with it?

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Use your imagination. :p ;)

Actually, I have something in mind....you'll get a taste of what I mean later on this evening and/or tomorrow. :p

"All will be revealed in time..." :p

Dylan
12th Oct 2002, 10:16
Good to see you too, Serul! Thanks for letting me know about this contest. How is your entry coming along?

I probably won't make handing in mine today... tomorrow perhaps? Running out of time here! :)

On another note, I'm inclined to grab all these amazing images, and make a permanent page for them somewhere for all to admire.
Would there be interest in this? I'd also need the artists' permission of course.

[edit] I forgot to thank you for your answer, Chris... thanks!

Serul
12th Oct 2002, 11:24
Oh it's coming along OK I guess. I wanted to make a new original picture, but some reason nothing worked for me. So I just decided (a few days ago) that I would color one of my older works and enter that into the contest.

I'm not exectly happy about that but I guess I had a block or something...

Sarah
13th Oct 2002, 17:34
I must admit-Fox's entry made me laugh. Gave a whole new meaning to "Air Reaver".

Dylan
14th Oct 2002, 14:08
Phew! I made it!
I'm not too happy with the result, but at least it's in. :)

Amazing entries, all of them.

I'll make a quick thumbnails page now.

[edit]
Quick indeed! =D

---------------------
Thumb nails page:

http://darkmatrix.mine.nu/hosted/lokcontest/
---------------------

It's just the entries on a page, really. I hope I'm not offending anyone by doing this...

Serul
14th Oct 2002, 15:16
Looking cool Dylan! At first glance I thought it was made in 3D, because the lighting looks very good. :p :D

I like the thumbnailpage, it's a lot more "overzichtelijk"... forgot the english word. :p

necropotence
14th Oct 2002, 17:36
Thanks Dylan for the thumb nail page lets you see them all next to each other really
:cool:

FunkyC
15th Oct 2002, 03:30
Hey Dylan, the thumbnails page looks GREAT, thanks for doing that, its a lot easier to view all the art work now ^__^ *2 claws up*

The deadline is almost here! *runs in circles* I just wanna say good luck to you all, theres some real fine artwork there! :)

Dylan
15th Oct 2002, 09:41
Phew! I'm glad the page is appreciated! :)

I agree, the submitted artwork is just so mindblowing! The guys at Crystal will have a hard time deciding who the winner's will be...

Chris: I intended to keep that page up for a while, please feel free to make use of it or send the url around.

(There is a very slight chance it will be temporarily down in a few days, if that happens, I have a backup server.)

Good luck everyone!

sTepan
16th Oct 2002, 01:21
This is mine pict for the art contest...

... what do you think?

http://users.volja.net/stepan/srsmall.jpg
sTepan

I wish luck to you all!

bye

Chris@Crystal
17th Oct 2002, 19:22
Hey there,
We are beginning the judging on the Art contest and it is pretty difficult. Just wondering what the fans might think. Post which art you think should win, or your top 5 favorites. This will not effect the final judging, but I am just curious of your opinions. Thanks.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Umah Bloodomen
17th Oct 2002, 19:27
Won't that bring about potential biased opinions (perhaps coming from the artists)?

Any word on how long the voting will take. I didn't notice if you set a deadline for it or not. I wanna know who wins da*nit*!

:p ;)

Chris@Crystal
17th Oct 2002, 19:41
Umah,
Nice web site by the way. :)
Our judges are pretty busy, but we plan to meet next week to make the final decisions. As far as you all picking your favorites, it is fine to be biased in my opinion. If you think your art is the best, fine with me. I was just interested in what you all thought. You could just pick you 5 favorites, they don't have to be in any sort of order. I already know which ones I like the best. ;)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Umah Bloodomen
17th Oct 2002, 19:46
Thats cool. :)

As far as thinking mine is the best. HA! Please. LOL I have the art-skills of a toad. Hahahah!

(My thing is graphics and websites) :p

I'll have to go through and look through them again.

Are we listing them here?

Thanks for the compliment on the site btw! I have some more "interesting" plans for it soon... Muahhahaha.

;)

EDIT Alright, I think I'm going to start a new thread for the top 5 lists. That way we won't have to hunt through the discussion for the results and people will see the thread and be more likely to participate. :p ;)

necropotence
18th Oct 2002, 20:06
Hey chris you asked so here are my favorites:cool:

Willow's
Serul's
Esoteric's
:) Necro's
and Stepan's

I liked them all those are just my favorites in no peticular order.

Umah nice site would you like me to E-mail you some other art, I've got lot's laying around.

Umah Bloodomen
18th Oct 2002, 20:11
Psst.... Art Contest Top 5 List in the thread down the hall. :p

Sure you can submit some art to me. The requirements are listed in a thread called submit art to www.chronoplast.net

or you can find them on my site.

Basically, you need to include the title and a short description of the piece and it has to be in .jpg/.jpeg/.gif/.png format only.

The addy is:

submitart@chronoplast.net