PDA

View Full Version : Saved Games hold secrets?

warpsavant
14th Sep 2002, 23:18
Anyone ever check out the saved game icons for BO2? They are these little Kain busts on top of Pawns (chess peice). They are kinda funny. Just thought I'd point that one out. =) Just browse the memory card files you can see 'em.

Preacher
14th Sep 2002, 23:33
Yeah I noticed that too. Kain didn't seem to be controlled or anything in this game. You think it's a little hint Eidos is trying to give us? Playing the pawn...

Darakari
15th Sep 2002, 02:34
I noticed that too. The Kain icon does look exactly like a pawn piece with Kain's bust on it.

Maybe Kain's obsession with the edge of the coin is the very 'independent' act that someone else is waiting for. Raziel, Kain, and all the LOK gamers have been pondering who the "evil" forces are that seem to be manipulating things to their advantage. Maybe there are also some "good" forces that want balance returned to Nosgoth, and it is a part of their plan to see the "true destiny" of Kain and Raziel come to pass. Maybe this time loop has been repeated for numerous repetitions, hence Kain's "we have always met here" speech. Perhaps it is the goal of other forces to restore balance and end this continual repetition. We assume that it is Raziel's destiny to become the Soul-Reaving Blade, but what if that is not his true destiny. What if Raziel was initially trapped in the blade intentionally by other forces, and the whole time loop thing is the consequence of that imprisonment. What if the time loop was history's way of dealing with Raziel's imprisonment, so that time would continue to repeat until Kain found the "edge of the coin", a way to restore the balance of Nosgoth by releasing Raziel from his prison, and thus breaking vicious circle of time. Maybe Raziel still sees the wraith blade on his arm because he and Kain have both made decisions that lead toward the destruction of this time loop, but further historical change is still necessary before Raziel will be totally freed from that horrible fate.

Umah Bloodomen
15th Sep 2002, 02:47
Times like this I'd love to see the infamous Chess match. ;)

Hell, I think it would be cool to include a playable version of the chess match on one of the future games. :p

**sighs about her wishful thinking, but bats her eyes all cute-like anyway in hopes the wise and wonderful Butterfly Lord hears her prayers*** :p ;)

Lady Kreliana
15th Sep 2002, 05:54
I think the chess game might be a neat little mini game for BO3. :)

Preacher
15th Sep 2002, 18:04
Human #1: "Ha! Checkmate, Kain!"

(Kain uses immolate)

Human #1: Aaaagggghhhhhh!!

Darakari
15th Sep 2002, 20:58
Please refresh my memory . . .

. . . the infamous chess match is something that was cut out of BO1, that you were supposed to play within Vorador's Mansion.

Is that right?

Umah Bloodomen
15th Sep 2002, 22:04
You are correct Darakari.

According to Blinc's site:

The chess match was a board with real people on it, which Vorador had set up to challange Kain. Kain had to figure out which piece to move using the Control Mind spell, and, if he made a mistake, the pieces would come to life and attack him. The correct move was a classic chess checkmate.

Now this would be a cool add-on for a future installment if they can work the bugs out from before. :)

Chris@Crystal
16th Sep 2002, 16:12
This sounds like it would be nice, but the chess game never really quite worked properly. That's why it was cut at the last moment from BO1. Perhaps something similar could be created for an upcoming game, we'll see. Sounds like a good secret or mini-game to me.

**Hears a prayer, turns to see Umah bats her eyes, and blushes**

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Umah Bloodomen
16th Sep 2002, 17:09
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
This sounds like it would be nice, but the chess game never really quite worked properly. That's why it was cut at the last moment from BO1. Perhaps something similar could be created for an upcoming game, we'll see. Sounds like a good secret or mini-game to me.

**Hears a prayer, turns to see Umah bats her eyes, and blushes**

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Yay for the Umah! ;)

Time Streamer
16th Sep 2002, 18:06
Umah, you're becoming great in flattery. ;)

warpsavant
16th Sep 2002, 18:42
SR2 save games have these little Reavers they are cool too. All of Blincs saves are showing up as blue boxes with sharks on 'em. I wonder if the PC version has the same Kain bust or if thats a PS2 exclusive? LOL

A chess game, or completeing a puzzle that requires a classic checkmate, is great for people who know chess, Im not sure how it'll go over with non-chess people. :)

"Fall onto your knees for the Butterfly Lord!"

Ranmyaku
16th Sep 2002, 20:12
I'd love to see a chess mini game in a future installment. :D I loved to play chess in elementary school and was on the chess team for years. Got a bunch of medals, but I was never first, always second or third....

*falls to her knees and pays homage to the Butterfly Lord*

Preacher
16th Sep 2002, 23:10
Originally posted by Ranmyaku
I'd love to see a chess mini game in a future installment. :D I loved to play chess in elementary school and was on the chess team for years. Got a bunch of medals, but I was never first, always second or third....

*falls to her knees and pays homage to the Butterfly Lord*

I was in the chess club for a little while, but they kicked me out because every time I was about to lose I always pulled out my "secret weapon" the nuclear bomb. Which was basically knocking every piece of the board then claiming victory.

Umah Bloodomen
17th Sep 2002, 22:20
Look at that...everyone trying to do what Umah has already accomplished. :p ;)

It's good to know who is true with her homages. ;)