PDA

View Full Version : Human Sarafan Souls

Darakari
14th Sep 2002, 22:42
I was playing Soul Reaver 2 again for the thousanth time, and I noticed that when you impale the Sarafan Lieutenants with the Blood Reaver, the Blood Reaver absorbs their blood, and their souls float off into space. Although seeing their souls not get absorbed may seem like a little thing, I really appreciate the attention to detail that the game designers added to their graphics.

Seeing their souls float away keeps people from debating about whether the Soul Reaver did or did not absorb their souls so that the souls would be available when Kain resurrects them.

Rook
14th Sep 2002, 23:16
I love all the little details in SR2. I've played through that game more times than I can count. I also have a game save right before going back in the Stronghold at the end, and I've played through the whole end sequence God only knows how many more times. It still gives me chills! Everything about that game rocks!

I don't see how anyone would think that the Soul Reaver would devour their souls anyway. It was disabled by Moe. But, you're right, it is nice to have something like their souls escaping visually present so there isn't any confusion. :cool:

NoobSaibot
14th Sep 2002, 23:40
Its not that the soul reaver was diabled, it is that it was still the Blood reaver at that time. Raziel's soul had not been put into the Reaver yet. It was designed only to take its enimies blood originally.

Rook
15th Sep 2002, 00:50
Ok, I didn't really word my reply quite as I had intended.:D My point was that the Soul Reaver was a non-issue at that point, because Moe had disabled it. And, of course, the Blood Reaver Raz had did not devour souls (yet). Therefore, it's nice to see the Sarafan souls make a clear escape so that there is no confusion to the strange tune of Well we never actually saw their souls get away. Maybe they didn't and the disabled Soul Reaver somehow got them anyway.:rolleyes:

:D

garbagefanuk
15th Sep 2002, 18:03
Is it just me or didn't anyone else not find it annoying the fact i couldn't just absorb there souls out of spite to Kain. They just float off even if ur sucking at them. If there gonna be souls at least treat them the way everyone elses soul acts and float around so i can have my lunch :)

Serul
15th Sep 2002, 21:11
But was the (Blood) Reaver truly disabled!? Afterall it did enhance Raziel's abilities and sucked up all the blood from his enemy's... :eek:

It seems that it only affected the Soul Reaver at that moment...

Right, now I was going to put a rather silly theory here, but as I was typing it the less it started to make any sense. So, uhh... I didn't post it... :D :p

Darakari
15th Sep 2002, 22:39
If you would have been able to absorb the souls of the Sarafan Lieutenants, then it would have changed the timeline.

Kain would not be able to return the souls to their bodies to resurrect them as vampires several hundred years later.

Exactly how many hundreds of years passed between the time that Wraith Raziel killed the Sarafan Lieutenants and the time that Kain resurrected them as Vampire Lieutenants?

Umah Bloodomen
15th Sep 2002, 23:08
Originally posted by Darakari
Exactly how many hundreds of years passed between the time that Wraith Raziel killed the Sarafan Lieutenants and the time that Kain resurrected them as Vampire Lieutenants?

I think it is safe to assume that the Sarafan Brethren were resurrected approximately 900 - 1000 years after their deaths at the hands of Wraith Raziel.

Their deaths occured 500 years prior to BO1. BO2 occurred 400 years post-BO1. I would assume that Kain discovered how to go about raising the bretheren within the 100 years post-BO2.

TG_Syd
16th Sep 2002, 03:24
How the hell was Kain able to find their souls!?!?!?!!?!?!?:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Anubis_Orr
16th Sep 2002, 03:29
He probably didn't have to, he found their bodies. So when he imbued each of their bodies with his soul it drew back their souls back into their bodies, there is probably some residue of the Sarafan elite's souls left in their bodies and Kain's gift draws those souls back from the other realm.