14th Sep 2002, 23:38
They really should bring back the post counter. :(

1shot1kill
15th Sep 2002, 12:45
You just keep on 'spawning' Thorup, maybe you should buy Quake. :D

ragsy
16th Sep 2002, 02:20
I'm not sure 500 is right

cause I was looking at the top posters and Xcom is one of 'em but only half a dozen are senior members and one who had about 672 posts wasn't a senior member.....

unless he/she had their post count pushed from the old forum, then maybe they don't count toward senior member status

ragsy
16th Sep 2002, 02:26
Xcom

given that you know all the postees in this thread as members from the old forum, who are all (in reality) Senior members.

To save us worrying our selves anymore what about changing us to Seniors :)

ragsy
19th Sep 2002, 06:11
I might become a senior before Xcom even reads this thread :D

Thorup
19th Sep 2002, 09:24
Originally posted by 1shot1kill

Why?

Xcom
19th Sep 2002, 15:56
Originally posted by ragsy
I'm not sure 500 is right

cause I was looking at the top posters and Xcom is one of 'em but only half a dozen are senior members and one who had about 672 posts wasn't a senior member.....

unless he/she had their post count pushed from the old forum, then maybe they don't count toward senior member status

No, 500 is pretty much right. I am not sure whether it was like this from the beginning. Look again at Top10 posters, pages 1 and 2. Everybody beyond 500 is a Senior Member while someone with 497 posts (at this moment) is a plain Member. Sometimes, this title is changed by an admin.

given that you know all the postees in this thread as members from the old forum, who are all (in reality) Senior members.

Nobody, really :p

To save us worrying our selves anymore what about changing us to Seniors :)

Can't do, sorry. But, you'll get there, eventually, as you so noticed yourself. ;)

Ps: this forum didn't show new replies. :confused: That's why I didn't bother to check this thread.

Mike_B
19th Sep 2002, 16:41
Originally posted by Thorup

Why?

(Re)spawning is getting back in the game after you got killed (= fragged) in a game like Quake or Unreal Tournament or other.

1shot1kill
19th Sep 2002, 19:08
Just in every fps and some other games too...

Thorup
19th Sep 2002, 19:28
okey. yes I remember that they used that expression in Perfect Dark too.

ragsy
20th Sep 2002, 02:00
Another user had the Status of "Roont"

Any idea what that is Xcom?

Also check out Willow (http://forums.eidosgames.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=314) 688 posts and just a member

Xcom
20th Sep 2002, 02:38
Another user had the Status of "Roont"

Any idea what that is Xcom?

Something that user has entered in his status field while he had the chance and there are more people with custom titles. There was a time (coupla days after the opening of this forum) when RedLegg was experimenting with the software and enabled custom status for members and forgot to disable it afterwards (he did disable it but only after few hours). Some people noticed that; so they used the golden opportunity to enter custom text. And they have it ever since. And don't ask me why it hasn't been restored back to normal because I don't know.

I also don't know about Willow and what's the story with his status or counter but that's an exception, I guess.

Longshot
20th Sep 2002, 02:40
Originally posted by Thorup

I think you ment spamming. ;)

[BI Another user had the Status of "Roont

I moderate the Desperados forum on the Infogrames UK site, and they have been using vBulletin Version 2.2.1 for about a year now.

Anyways on that board you can change the status of your Custom User Text to whatever you want. E.G. King of the World or Roont.

I haven't check to see if this feature is turned on for this board or not, but that sounds like what it is.

1shot1kill
20th Sep 2002, 06:42
Originally posted by Longshot

wow you really think that? :rolleyes:

I moderate the Desperados forum on the Infogrames UK site, and they have been using vBulletin Version 2.2.1 for about a year now.

Anyways on that board you can change the status of your Custom User Text to whatever you want. E.G. King of the World or Roont.

I haven't check to see if this feature is turned on for this board or not, but that sounds like what it is.

You can do that on every forum i have seen so far.

Thorup
20th Sep 2002, 08:14

so? whatever. I don't care. I am not that good in english

1shot1kill
20th Sep 2002, 12:09
Read the forum rules, no spamming allowed. :)

Longshot
20th Sep 2002, 12:31

wow you really think that? :rolleyes:

I posted that cause it was obvious that Thorup didn't know the differance between Spawning and Spamming.

You can do that on every forum i have seen so far.

Again it seemed that ragsy didn't know about this.

We all can't be all knowing like you 1shot. ;)

iakovos
20th Sep 2002, 13:00
Is there a consideration to reinstitute the post account? In other words to make it visible again?

Iakovos :)

Xcom
20th Sep 2002, 16:23
Originally posted by iakovos
Is there a consideration to reinstitute the post account? In other words to make it visible again?

No.

Rapid
20th Sep 2002, 17:00
Thorup this is a family site, be careful with that kind of talk. Besides, you can't keep just irresponsibly spawning -- think of all those illegimate children running around your town!

Thorup
20th Sep 2002, 20:45
Somebody please close this thread:rolleyes: