PDA

View Full Version : Boy...where did everyone go?

Rengar
14th Sep 2002, 03:37
Looks like the new forum is back to normal, again......slowly fading away....Hmm...maybe it because of me?

Maybe I'm the one that keeps the forum going :p

Whenever I take a leave of absents.....so does everyone else.

Hey....what does this Spoiler button do?...

Let's see?......Guess I won't know until I hit the send button.

I finally got BG2....and I have to say, it is a lot better than BG1....I also found some unoffical fixes for it.....maybe I'll go buy the expansion pack.

http://members.rogers.com/mrkevvy/fixes.html

Canyon Wolf
14th Sep 2002, 05:22
I wonder where people went myself...

While you're at it, why don't you try some of the user-created characters, too? They're pretty good and adds some more diversity to the gene pool. Yes, BG2 (mmmmmmmhm) is WAY better than the first one.

Moggraider
14th Sep 2002, 18:07
I'm still here. And yeah, I'd try those user-made characters if I wasn't too lazy to play through the game again.

Canyon Wolf
15th Sep 2002, 04:06
Well, I don't have much of an option. I played a female (naturally) and wanted to try out the famed romance subplot. But there's absolutely no way for me to get stuck with that freak Anomen. *shudders*

uSernaMe
15th Sep 2002, 06:32
I think everyone is leaving because there are so few interesting topics lately. That's why I hardly check this forum anymore. Nobody fights anymore. People have matured without me. Man, that would be cool to have another fight or "riot" like we had when we switched to the not eidos forum. There was some great comedy in those topics.
-Chris

Canyon Wolf
15th Sep 2002, 16:27
Sad days, huh?

3car
16th Sep 2002, 15:31
Hi-

You know how we are. Get a little wild and crazy then everone has to recuperate from the hang-overs.

With the Holiday season nearing, things'll take off again.

As for me, too busy for much internet. In fact, I oughta be doing something else right now.

I need 6 minutes when I only have 5.

sigh

SirCanealot
16th Sep 2002, 23:24
This place isnt the Eidos I knew. It holds nothing for me.

Moggraider
17th Sep 2002, 06:39
Not even monkeys?

Amazeroth
17th Sep 2002, 12:09
Hmm, if even Sir Canaelot leaves, then this board is truly dead =/
Oh well
I strongly suggest you not to buy the expansion pack for BG 2 360... it sucks major, I wonder how I ever managed to beat it.

SirCanealot
17th Sep 2002, 17:48
Bah. I basically have left...

Is Thrones of Bhall that bad? I was going to pick it up when I saw it and had money in my pocket.

Amazeroth
17th Sep 2002, 22:13
Well... I wouldn't bother playing it
It has like 10% story and 90% dungeon crawling and what's story is as predictable like a run-of-the-mill hollywood movie.

Go play some decent game like Jagged Alliance 2 instead. :)

Rengar
18th Sep 2002, 23:31
I have JA2.....but I got tired of it. It's basicly an X-com revamp, And X-com burned me out a long time ago.

Personally I'm waiting for "No one lives forever 2", Deus Ex 2....and maybe Vice City, if it makes it to PC...

Hey, I just saw the commercial for Kingdom Hearts, not a bad commercial.

As for the expansion....it's too late....I already got it. Apparently there are a lot of fixes in the Expansion pack, not that it matters, I have a feeling that the previous link I left has the fixes already.

mitochondria eve
20th Sep 2002, 15:34
I know I haven't been here in a while. Like anybody really cared. I just started to check back and found nothing interesting. I might check back more often but I don't know.

N00dles
20th Sep 2002, 18:13
It's been a while....Besides a small post or two, I havent been here for about 2 months...

Then again, there aren't any interesting topics left...

Moggraider
20th Sep 2002, 21:30
People make topics, man. They don't just sprout up to be plundered and then left behind. Take action.

vakusuma
21st Sep 2002, 04:18
Yep. Right.

Amazeroth
22nd Sep 2002, 00:08
360 did you also play JA: Deadly Games? This one has a very cool level editor and what's much better multiplayer support. It rocks (IMO) if you don't mind poor graphics. But then, I never played X-Com so I dunno whether that one has multiplayer as well

Rengar
22nd Sep 2002, 22:28
No, I got JA2 at best buy in the discount shelves....Think it was 9.99. It's not a bad game.....but I think X-Com was better, because they did it first..... I believe if you search the internet under abandon games, you'll might find copies of Xcom, "Enemey Unknown". It was under a different name for England, (which is the original) but I forgot what they called it....UFO Defense or something.

And It's not multiplayer, this game came out before the internet was popular. But there was an internet (shareware) released more recently where you could play through E-mail. Never tried it though.

http://www.game-revolution.com/download/pc/strategy/email_games_x_com.htm

Xcom
12th Oct 2002, 11:19
Originally posted by Rengar
And X-com burned me out a long time ago.

I did no such thing :o :D

Dell
12th Oct 2002, 17:40
Hey! Hey! Dell is back after an enforced absence...who shall I fight with? Hmmm? Sir Canealot made a good start of a really good feud with his statement about my posts being stupid! How about it Cane...you pompous person, you!

Ah...3car....how comes the new house? Tell me about it please! Oaks fascinate me. If you don't have a name for the place yet, how about letting us suggest some names for you? Show us some pictures of your place??????

Hellow mitochondria eve....ME...I still think of you as Sam, just can't help it!

uSernaMe, how are you? I had some birthdays, but growing up? Me? Never happen, never ever.

Have to agree with you friend Moiggraider. People make the topics and keep things interesting...all the people have to take a part in making the effort!

So get to it people...old forums never die, they just smell that way.

vakusuma
12th Oct 2002, 23:24
I don't know, Dell. Since you left this forum has been pretty much dead. Like, 5-10 new replies and that's pretty much it.

Oh wells.

Moggraider
13th Oct 2002, 01:40
Rally the troops!

Dell
13th Oct 2002, 23:56
Beat the drums! Tallyho...the fox! Speaking of which there seems to be a lot ot negative attitude displayed here...let's get upbeat here and find something interesting to discuss....

*she drops a clever curtsey and twirls a curl on her forehead*

Goku Noble Warrior
18th Oct 2002, 21:42
I'm still here lurking about the shadows.
What do you mean by enforced absence?

Canyon Wolf
21st Oct 2002, 02:21
What Dell meant is that she's been living without internet access since she's moved from England. Seems that all's right with the world now. :)

Dell
18th Nov 2002, 21:46
And Dell has internet access now, but is using a slow-motion laptop antique...but I am definitely here!

Now come on everyone...get with it. You post topics and for better or worse I will definitely comment. OH, that sounds like a threat...

Arkron
18th Nov 2002, 22:16
Well, I'm still alive (sort of), just very busy with college.

vakusuma
20th Nov 2002, 08:47
I'm alive, but all the work makes me wish I'm dead.

Oh well.

Tomorrow we're going to start on the Great Grandson of the Great Transport Homework, Part Eleven. Joy.