PDA

View Full Version : Bring 'em on!

Specter
14th Sep 2002, 01:58
I just bought a new computer! Its a Dell 2.8GHz Intel Pentium 4 with 512 megs of RAM. 80 gig hard drive, Leadtek A250 Ultra Ti4600, and an Audigy Platinum EX Sound Card! Damn, I can finally tackle any game out there! Bring em on! Especially Thief 3, thats the biggest reason for my purchase! ;-)

amievil?
15th Sep 2002, 00:44
how much did you pay for that one??

yes id say that you can handle most any game :D

now imagine me with what i have now....350mhz, 64 mb ram, 4 gig hard drive :( yes its getting to be a tad slow(99 model)

Specter
15th Sep 2002, 17:34
Well, it wasnt cheap, but thats ok. It ran me about 4500$ CND. Expensive yes, but will I need to upgrade for a while? I certainly hope not! My old one is almost as old as yours. Its a 475MHz with 64 megs of RAM.

Xcom
15th Sep 2002, 20:53
Originally posted by amievil?
now imagine me with what i have now....350mhz, 64 mb ram, 4 gig hard drive :( yes its getting to be a tad slow(99 model)

I, too, am not very far ahead of you.

Komag
15th Sep 2002, 22:31
Originally posted by Specter
Especially Thief 3, thats the biggest reason for my purchase! ;-)

I hope not, because if that's really true then you should've waited until Thief 3 comes out in over a year or so and only pay half the price!

amievil?
16th Sep 2002, 00:06
Originally posted by Specter
Well, it wasnt cheap, but thats ok. It ran me about 4500$ CND. Expensive yes, but will I need to upgrade for a while? I certainly hope not! My old one is almost as old as yours. Its a 475MHz with 64 megs of RAM.

wonders how much 4500 canadian is in u.s....

sounds very high, i wont be able to afford anything close to that. but you definetly got a nice toy :D

komag- better 4 gigs than none :D actually for 350 mhz mine isnt too slow. my problem is i have no memory and no cd burner. i cringe at d/ling say calendras legacy becuase of the huge file size will eat up what little space i have left. next computer i get i want something like specter has if i can afford it(or something close)

edit: i meant to adress xcom, not komag misread the posts

Specter
16th Sep 2002, 02:41
Though Thief 3 is the one of the biggest reasons for my purchase, it isnt the only one. Any new game that is coming out will require a better computer than my old one. Im looking forward to LO:MAC and SWAT: UJ as well as some others that are already out, like Ghost Recon.