PDA

View Full Version : 1 screenshot and info...

amievil?
13th Sep 2002, 18:31
for everyone who is wondering just where the heck part 2 to hells motel is, im still building it. i got pretty burned out on the motel so i finally fired up dromed2 and began work on part 3. here is the first screenshot of that level( please note that this area isnt finished in the least, its just a start) this is a shot of the few streets surrounding the manor where you'll spend your evening... this fm should be released only slightly behind part 2, because its smaller, and easier for me to design. part 2 is my own worst nightmare :) bascially to refresh everyone, there are 5 parts to this series. the first one was released in may called hells motel part 1. the reason why the briefing is so long in these fms is becuase i wanted to write a more complete storyline than the usual read. sorry for the long wait for part 2, but when its finally released remember that part 3 will be close behind so there wont be as much lag in the next. part 4 and 5 are both big levels, and i havent begun any work on them at this time except the storyline.

the screen shot: http://www.angelfire.com/my/thiefshots/index.html

Gumdrop
13th Sep 2002, 22:40
Nice screenie there. I particularly like the choice of colour for the sky. :)

amievil?
14th Sep 2002, 01:32
Originally posted by Gumdrop
Nice screenie there. I particularly like the choice of colour for the sky. :)

the sky, seeing as i couldnt get it to work, is the exact replica of the first level of t2. i just used it since i liked it anyway. i just copied down everything they had in for the level and put it in mine. shame shame heh. that particular street is no where near finished, it was basically to show that i was working on something for t2 at last!

the weird thing about this part of the series is that you start out inside the manor, you dont have to "break in" :D

Balrog
14th Sep 2002, 09:32
Nice shot, Mr Evil. Roll on part 2, I enjoyed your part 1 a lot!

BrokenArts
14th Sep 2002, 17:27
I have to agree with GumDrop, nice sky there Amievil :) I find when there is a decent sky to look at, I look at it more. Just for the whole eye candy thing.
It is looking good. :) Glad your getting used to T2 Dromed, can't wait to see this when it is finished. :D

amievil?
14th Sep 2002, 20:18
im almost finished with the streets now.....im afraid im gonna finish this fm too fast :D

basically the manor sits on top of a hill overlooking the city, and the street below it goes down pretty far. on one street to the right of this one is the area you see in the pic. of course already that screen shot is outdated but you get the general idea. the streets are mainly there for looks though, you wont be able to explore the buildings at all....thats what part 4 is for :)