PDA

View Full Version : BO1/SR1/Fighting Force compilation for PSX is out **now**!

blincoln
10th Sep 2002, 21:39
As TG_Syd notes in this thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3898

the BO1/SR1/Fighting Force 3-game set is now available from EB:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=227948

This is a great chance for all of you who've been having trouble finding BO1 or SR1 to snag a copy. It's for the Playstation, but PC users can play them under emulation if they don't mind a bit of configuration.

TG_Syd
10th Sep 2002, 22:21
yuuuuuuuuuup...

edit: I keep forgetting to tell u this but great site dude!:) :D :p ;) :cool:

Naja
11th Sep 2002, 02:23
Yeah!!!! I'm so gonna get that!!! Oh, btw, why do they have BO2 Kain on the box? I think that's a cruel joke!

willow
11th Sep 2002, 05:56
hmmm... I have both BO and SR for Playstation... but will I buy this anyway? Probably.... why? Because I'm a dork.

blincoln
11th Sep 2002, 07:03
Thank you, TG_Syd =).

Naja: I think it's because they want to catch the eye of people who've played the second game (but not the first), and because the existing rendered images of BO1 Kain look a little dated to put on a box now. They'd have to track down the original models, beef up the polygon count, apply new textures, all that good stuff, and that would be a bit much for a $10 game.

Willow: me too!

L_Master562
11th Sep 2002, 21:32
God, my Bo1 copy for PsX is broken. Though, a replacement is good enough for me to re-complete my LoK game collection. Yeah, I don't really have the spare money, but this is a replacement Bo1!!!!

Naja
12th Sep 2002, 00:32
blincoln: You're right; it is a bit too much trouble. But I think it will catch the eye of people who haven't played LOK at all, too. Well, now that I think of it, clips from the fmv's of Kain aren't THAT dated - I think that they are still pretty good; if you get the right one, that is. Oh, well. Its already been done.:rolleyes:

Lady Kreliana
13th Sep 2002, 03:01
Willow: Don't feel bad, we're all dorks here ;D

TG_Syd
13th Sep 2002, 18:17
I have one thing to say, FIGHTING FORCE SUCKS @$$!!!!:mad: :mad:

NoobSaibot
13th Sep 2002, 18:39
What does fighting force have anything to do with LOK?? I could understand that they had to fill the third slot, but why not put one of Eidos's bigger game series like Tomb Raider or Commandos? Well whatever, although I do have all the LOK games I will more than likely get this, if only for back up copys of the two great games.

blincoln
13th Sep 2002, 21:59
I checked at the EB stores in my area, and they didn't know when they were getting them in stock, so I just ordered from the ebgames.com website.
I suspect that they included Fighting Force to introduce people to other Eidos games. They *do* publish other franchises =).

necropotence
14th Sep 2002, 01:46
Hey I bought it. :cool:

TG_Syd
14th Sep 2002, 02:19
Originally posted by blincoln
They *do* publish other franchises =).

Yah and they all suck
:D :D :) :) ;) ;) :p :p

Lady Kreliana
14th Sep 2002, 04:35
For the most part...yes, yes they do. Long live LoK!

NoobSaibot
14th Sep 2002, 09:18
Originally posted by TG_Syd

Yah and they all suck
:D :D :) :) ;) ;) :p :p

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But we will always have LoK. The best of the best amoung a bunch of the worst. Sorry Eidos but its true.

necropotence
14th Sep 2002, 10:36
I agree accept for Deus ex. It pale's in comparison to any LOK game but it's still good.

Apocrypha Roxy
18th Sep 2002, 02:19
If you think buying a game you already have is dorky, then you will find me SICK. I save the BOXES to my games - in near-mint condition, with all original documentation, and they're all lined up neatly in a row on my top shelf by my bed. I own SR2 for both PC and PSX - I wanted the extra features, after all. I like the intro screen for the PC better, though, since it's real eye candy with the rotating camera in William's Chapel shifting from Material to Spectral & back. The PSX one is kinda blah...

Sick? Yes. Do I care? No. :rolleyes:

BTW The only other good series, in my opinion, that came out of Eidos is Thief and it's sequel, and soon to be #3 in production. THAT is a good game. Give me Garrett anytime! :o :D

Tomb Raider was nice while it lasted; it's not that it's bad or anything, it's just that after a while I'm bored jumping and playing with cap guns. The first 2 are the best in the series, the stories got worse while the graphics got better.

At least I get to hear Michael Bell as Grandpa Borjoyzee in Giants. Giants has got to be one of the most comically brilliant games I've played...

Ranmyaku
18th Sep 2002, 03:09
OOooooooo..... I'll have to go check out my local EB games later. Even tho I already have both BO and SR (however, I don't have the manual for SR....) I'll prolly buy it. I am dork, here me roar! :D

I've never played Fighting Force. Once I get the set I'll have to check it out for myself tho.

necropotence
18th Sep 2002, 04:50
Like I said I bought the compilation but fighting force made me hide in a corner it scared the %#^ out of me Was that game popular at one time? Why did they package it with BO SR? Hmmm....

On a side note I never had BO I played it at a friend's house and the cut scene's did'nt work so I never saw the intro. The Sarafan Stronghold look's like it did in SR2! Same stained glass window's and everything, amesome and then Malek come's running in after messin with Raziel and Moebius it fits so well.

blincoln
18th Sep 2002, 07:05
Apocrypha Roxy: me too! On all counts =). Hahaha, I thought I was the only one.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
18th Sep 2002, 22:23
I bought it, though I already have BO1 and I never wanted Fighting Force. But I lent somebody my copy of SR1 awhile back and they never returned...now I have no way of getting in touch with them. But no matter, I got another copy now thanks to the compilation. I just finished SR1 for the first time since....well before the PS2 came out. Good memories! Too bad I forgot to save during the last hour of play, I did so much, and if I want to replay the ending scene I have to play all those puzzles and walk so far.... oh well, it'll be worth it for the music alone.

I'm so happy I got SR1 again. I forgot how good it was, and how great the music sounded.

Edit: About them publishing other games and them sucking... I disagree. You got TimeSplitters, Thief, & Deus Ex. Plus the new Tomb Raider games are sounding very promising (coming from a person who never cared for the TR series, it's a good compliment).

Recently I've been thinking that Eidos publishes some of the best games, and has some of the best developers working for them. Too bad Looking Glass Studios went under. They were soo good (thief, and that scary FPS that I never got to play but everyone says is really really good too).

blincoln
21st Sep 2002, 00:08
For the curious, the discs in this collection are identical (file-wise) to the original releases. The main difference is that the discs themselves have black-and-white label art instead of the colours from the previous editions.
For $30, you can't go wrong if you don't have them yet =).

willow
22nd Sep 2002, 12:14
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
If you think buying a game you already have is dorky, then you will find me SICK. I save the BOXES to my games - in near-mint condition, with all original documentation, and they're all lined up neatly in a row on my top shelf by my bed. I own SR2 for both PC and PSX - I wanted the extra features, after all. I like the intro screen for the PC better, though, since it's real eye candy with the rotating camera in William's Chapel shifting from Material to Spectral & back. The PSX one is kinda blah...

Sick? Yes. Do I care? No. :rolleyes:

I've got a one up on you ;). Not only do I save boxes, I also save all literature and flyers that come in them. I keep them in the boxes and I keep the boxes in storage (well some... most are on a protectiveish shelf). I also do this with consoles and games (I have every box from every console I've ever purchased... I have every major release since the NES).

here's some proof (I've been doing this for awhile... another vampire game =F)
http://www30.brinkster.com/thirdpersona/castlevania.txt
The box is in almost perfect condition (aside of some slightly worn edges and a little itty bitty crease on the front).

The Amazing Rando
22nd Sep 2002, 17:08
Well, I am much like many of you here, with the collecting of games. I still have to get SR2 on PC tho. I also am thinking about a GC, it does have some good games, but I hate that really tiny controller. bleh

Willow, you aren't showing the instructions for Castlevania. Sinner:p I also have that game and the box. The box ain't perfect, but it's still in really good shape. I have the box for my NES around somewhere, but I'm not positive where. Ah...memories.

Apocrypha Roxy
22nd Sep 2002, 17:42
Originally posted by willow

I've got a one up on you ;). Not only do I save boxes, I also save all literature and flyers that come in them.

Of course I save the literature and flyers that come with them! I have them in a cupbord on my 'puter desk specifically for that! :D

Man, you should see my box for Red Orb's Prince of Persia 3D - absolutely perfect, with only a slight crease on the front flap because that's how it was when I bought it - the last copy on the shelf. The box is absolutely beautiful, as is the game (very good graphics for a '99 production).

I even used to have the pictures and icons from the website (which isn't around anymore, but was really pretty). Screenshots and everything.

Plus I have Winamp skins for Thief, LoK, and Alice - and have the boxes for the original games with the literature.

blincoln
22nd Sep 2002, 20:10
Haha, rad. Do you have a TurboGrafx w/CD-drive and a copy of Dracula X, Willow?

Secrets Of Nosgoth
22nd Sep 2002, 21:01
I once had an emulated version of Dracula X. It had no sound so it was annoying to play. Besides, the music was why I wanted to play that game. It was better than SotN if you ask me.

To show my nerd-y-ness I drive a Saturn and have two Sega Saturn bumper stickers on the back of it. I also have Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight, which is just like SotN but has much better music (plus the good SotN track too), but worse graphics and slow down.

On another non-Eidos topic, Dracula X is planned to come out for the PS2 as another Konami classic game like the Casltevania x8600 (or some number like that, I'm sure someone here will correct me on it).

On a completely unrelated note, I have to brag that I bought Windows XP and Office XP Professional for a grand total of $15! Thanks to a deal with Microsoft and the University of Nebraska!

willow
23rd Sep 2002, 08:00
blinc, well I have a TG but it no longer works.... *sigh* I have to find a newer working model.

And I wish I had Dracula X..... but alas peripherals and hard to find games are either dirt-cheap... or ridiculously expensive... and the latter more so than the former.

Hell I paid $90 for a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn.
Was it worth it? Yes.... yes it was *hugs his insanely rare PDS game*...

Roxy, like minds then eh? ;)

blincoln
23rd Sep 2002, 15:56
The TurboGrafx was awesome. It's too bad they had such a lame pack-in game. Keith Courage in the Sanctimonious Zone! Its only redeeming feature was that by the end your laser sword was half as long as the screen.
I had the same problem with finding rare games when I used to collect them more actively.
SoN: It would be cool to see a re-release of Dracula X. I know a lot of people were disappointed that Konami remade Akumajo Dracula 68000 or whatever it was called first.
I have the regular SotN game, but I have the actual Nocturne in the Moonlight soundtrack CD from Japan =).