PDA

View Full Version : Alas All Females With Blonde hair....

Miss Croft
10th Sep 2002, 18:53
Im getting really sick of these lookalike competitions. I love entering them, I just find it a little unfair for those of us women who have blande hair. Could lara just do a brief stint at being blonde to give us a chance???

Guess I'll have to keep dyeing it for lookalikes :rolleyes: :D suppose it's my fault in a way for entering but just for once i'd like to be given a chance. couldnt they try a blonde lara category lol? Guess i should stop whining before somebody slaps me

ps: ever noticed that nearly everyone says something like "All my friends say i'm exactly like Lara coz i look like her and I like bungee jumping and gun shooting" etc etc???

DaveJ
10th Sep 2002, 19:34
I've got a nicer arse than Lara.

THE True Lara
10th Sep 2002, 20:12
Originally posted by Miss Croft

ps: ever noticed that nearly everyone says something like "All my friends say i'm exactly like Lara coz i look like her and I like bungee jumping and gun shooting" etc etc???

erm, without being rude, what's your point?

JMo, uses the same reasoning to justify parading herself around as Britain's Lara Croft.
You learn to ignore people like that, as the proof of the pudding is in the eating; not one of them would survive a week in the jungle, let alone read hiroglyphs, whilst back flipping into a sealed tomb.

I'd love to make a reply to DaveJ's post but words just desert me....

Lil Lara
11th Sep 2002, 00:13
Lol. This topic is interesting.

I don't think that Lara would look quite as nice with blonde hair...but I see what you are getting at.

Yeah--I'm sure everyone resembles Lara in one way or another if they try enough.. :rolleyes:

I've always wanted to dress up as Lara..but I look nothing like her and sadly have blonde hair. I dislike my hair. It's in icky dark blonde. I want it to be dark brown soo bad, not to look like her, though. :p

TombRaiderChik
11th Sep 2002, 02:23
uh actually at the competition at adventurersplace.com there are quite a few people there who are blonde haired or light brown. is there a rule that u absolutely have to have brown hair for these competitions? im sure there are lara look-a-likes w/ blonde hair!! :0 lok at jill de jong she has naturally blonde hair(but i cant picture it since she does have bown hair at the moment lol)

DaveJ
11th Sep 2002, 07:53
Originally posted by THE True Lara

I'd love to make a reply to DaveJ's post but words just desert me....

Please try harder.....

AngieCroft
11th Sep 2002, 07:54
:D
http://angie-croft.de/newspics/sam.jpg

thanhkim
12th Sep 2002, 20:13
No I think Lara is charming with lovely brown hair. If you want to go and look more like Lara change your hair to brown like her's.

LadyLC
12th Sep 2002, 20:15
all my life, the standard for being drop dead beautiful was usually bestowed upon those with blond hair & blue eyes--I mean, you had to search far & wide for a brunette Barbie doll, in fact, every doll seemed to have this colour combination. Along comes Lara, who like myself, has dark hair and brown eyes, and now those with fairer colouring find that it's a bit unjust, yet I think, yeah, a brown-eyed brunette at last!

I'm not trying to rile anyone up with this, just trying to point out that whatever you're colouring, the icons are going to change in time, and if it doesn't seem fair that your current one has the opposite to you, don't fret about it. You're who you are, and it may be time for someone else to feel that much more accepted, even if it's only by a programmers dream.

Anyway, I'm getting far too philosophical, so I'll close by saying;
DaveJ, do you have any proof?:p

thanhkim
12th Sep 2002, 20:17
Originally posted by DaveJ
I've got a nicer arse than Lara. Really your funny man

THE True Lara
12th Sep 2002, 23:59
Originally posted by lc,england

Anyway, I'm getting far too philosophical, so I'll close by saying;
DaveJ, do you have any proof?:p

....you shouldn't have asked that.........

:eek:

DaveJ
13th Sep 2002, 07:54
http://216.40.241.68/contrib/tweetz/moon.gif

THE True Lara
13th Sep 2002, 11:41
.....I warned you....

infinite_sadness
13th Sep 2002, 21:01
blond??? you're kiddin' right?

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Sep 2002, 09:49
It's not blonde, and it's not brown. In the games it's Auburn. And Angelina's is almost black in the movies.

One more point......"look-alike" means look alike. ;)

DaveJ, you are buff in the buff. :D I still have that fold out you did for "Boys on Top" magazine. ;)

AngieCroft, that's hysterical. :D

LARAMANIAC
14th Sep 2002, 12:13
My arse beats yours any day DaveJ!!!!! http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/otn/animals/shakin.gif
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

DaveJ
14th Sep 2002, 12:18
Your arse is a little red x?

LadyLC
14th Sep 2002, 16:26
Originally posted by DaveJ
http://216.40.241.68/contrib/tweetz/moon.gif

definitely less angular than Lara's, but you lose points for the sunburn;)

DaveJ
14th Sep 2002, 18:10
I visit a nice lady in a nearby village on a regular basis, and she tans it for me.

LARAMANIAC
14th Sep 2002, 19:57
My arse is no longer a red x!!! Lets take a poll - DaveJ's arse or LARAMANIAC's arse???? I know where my vote is!!! ;)

DaveJ
16th Sep 2002, 07:52
Ewwww!
You have a monkey's butt!
At least its not one of those sore looking orange monkey arses....

Zendragon
16th Sep 2002, 19:06
Just as a note...for our look-alike contest, I don't care about hair color, hair style yes, but color no...

Zen

Prelude
18th Sep 2002, 16:25
ROTFLMAO!!! Man this thread is funny!!!!

But anyway getting back to the point, I agree with Ic,England. It’s about time there was a dark haired female heroine, I spent many years bleaching my hair so I could be blonde thinking it would give me more respect and make me more appealing, now I’m older and wiser I realize that respect comes when you earn it and not from your hair colour!!!

Of course now I’m older and wiser I still have to dye my hair to cover the grey!!!!

Miss Croft
18th Sep 2002, 17:23
I retract my earlier statement. having Lara dye her hair would ruin the appeal she has as people wouldn't be used to her and she probably wouldn't suit it anyway.

As for the people who think blonde haired people are considered more attractive, I have to disagree. I know many people and read lots of articled saying how people actually consider brunette peole to be more attractive. Blondes are considered dumb and don't get much respect of some people.

Still, I think this is a funny thread!

My vote= DaveJ

AmO
18th Sep 2002, 19:33
sorry Laramanic; but i gotta vote for dave's butt, its much cuiter and no tail :D

and as for the blonde Lara, forget-about-it

Sugar Sprinkled Starfish
23rd Sep 2002, 19:19
"Im getting really sick of these lookalike competitions. I love entering them, I just find it a little unfair for those of us women who have blande hair"

What about Redheads?

BeKs
23rd Sep 2002, 22:39
Agree with Prelude here LOL

I spent AGES dying my hair blonde up untill about 4 years ago. I look back at photos now and think What on EARTH was i thinking of?? I looked HORRIBLE LOL.

Normally whatever your born with suits you, my hair goes lighter in the summer and i wouldnt dye it blonde ever again just because it doesnt suit me!

As for surviving in the jungle etc etc. My Lara Bio on Adventurers Place is full of things ive done that im proud of, like flying a plane and shooting rifles. Im not rich - i was in the Air cadets which was considered the SADDEST thing ever LOL. I did the best things while i was in there and im proud of it.

This doesnt make me Steve Erwin, in fact we had an Earthquake yesterday and i nearly wet myself with fright and sat in the doorway for 20 mins (would have slept under the table if i could have LOL) Im proud of who i am and what ive done, and my natural hair color and the fact im a big chicken at heart LOL

Prelude
23rd Sep 2002, 23:42
Originally posted by BeKs
Agree with Prelude here LOL

I spent AGES dying my hair blonde up untill about 4 years ago. I look back at photos now and think What on EARTH was i thinking of?? I looked HORRIBLE LOL.

He he, yeah me too exactly!

What's this about this earthquake, everyone was talking about it today, and I never knew about it. What time was it, I was up until about 3 in the morning and I never felt it??? :confused:

Then again I probably wouldn't have noticed, the earth aways moves for me ;) no what I mean, wink wink.

rocconorth
24th Sep 2002, 06:13
Originally posted by Prelude

He he, yeah me too exactly!

What's this about this earthquake, everyone was talking about it today, and I never knew about it. What time was it, I was up until about 3 in the morning and I never felt it??? :confused:

Then again I probably wouldn't have noticed, the earth aways moves for me ;) no what I mean, wink wink.

We're not going to get into this battery thing again are we?:p The funny thing is the Earth hasn't moved for a while here in California... and we're known for having them. I have a feeling the Earth will move very soon though. Just a feeling I have.

BeKs
24th Sep 2002, 09:44
Okies here is the info on my little shake up taken from BBC News website (cant find it now or i would link it)
NOTE: I LIVE in Dudley LOL

Large parts of England and Wales have been hit by an earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter scale.
Buildings shook for up to 30 seconds in parts of the West Midlands, Wales, North Yorkshire, London, and Wiltshire.

The tremor began at approximately 0054 BST and its epicentre was around Wolverhampton and Dudley in the West Midlands.

There was minor structural damage but no reports of any injuries.

If you can understand ive never experienced an earth tremor, and 4.8 SCARED THE CRAP OUTTA ME!!!! LOL

THE True Lara
24th Sep 2002, 09:49
My mate in Lichfield had the shock of his life, his whole room was shaking and shelves and what not.
Whilst down south, didn't feel a thing.
Ah well.
Missed the excitement again.

Prelude
24th Sep 2002, 11:03
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sprachlos/sprachlos013.gif Well I live about 25 miles from London and still nothing, zip, squid didly. The strange things is, I live about 15 minutes from my sister and she felt it and I didn't. I guess I probably just thought it was normal, I really should cut down on my drinking! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sprachlos/sprachlos002.gif

DaveJ
24th Sep 2002, 11:05
It woke me here in Leeds when it happened....the bed was shaking (no comment) but I just dozed off again, assuming that it was my wardrobe in the spare room collapsing....again.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5927