PDA

View Full Version : Janos or...?

Anubis_Orr
9th Sep 2002, 11:33
http://anubisorr.members.easyspace.com/razieland.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory..... obviously that's not Raziel's shadow on the wall behind him, so is this Janos' shadow meaning that he is out of his Keep, or does Raziel encounter another Ancient? Or has some have theorized has he gone back in time to a time when they Ancients still populated Nosgoth?

You tell me....
KainPainter your participation would be welcomed.

Also I apologize if this has been seen or discussed before.... but it's the first time that I've noticed it and I do not remember seeing it on these forums before.

Actually I think I'd discount Janos and possibly all of the Ancients if they all have wings like Janos, his wings start from his upper back and continue to his feet, however Raziel's original wings were very similar to the shadow, except they weren't feathered..... perhaps it's a surviving Razelim

Anubis_Orr
10th Sep 2002, 01:02
Actually was just thinking..... and it bears a striking resemblance to this:

http://clientes.netvisao.pt/azra/pics/kain_01.jpg

Credit to Azrael for the pic

Naja
10th Sep 2002, 03:29
I always liked the first pic, but I think that is meant to be Raziel's shadow - just symbolic of his destiny. However, the second pic..... I hope they explain that later on in SR3 or BO3 'cause I haven't the faintest idea! :eek:

Lady Kreliana
10th Sep 2002, 03:37
I think it's symbolic of Raziel being an angel of death.

Anubis_Orr
10th Sep 2002, 10:41
I don't think so.... the shadow seems to be originating from the left side front of Raziel and he seems to be looking at the source of it, and the position doesn't match that of Raziel, although whatever it is looks as though it has Raziel's physique, at this point I think I'm leaning towards an evolved Razelim

Serul
10th Sep 2002, 14:19
What Naja and Kreliana (oops! Lady Kreliana :D ) said...

However the figure in the second pic looks a bit like Kain IMO. :confused:

EDIT: It's based on this pic (http://www.nosgoth.net/Soul_Reaver/galleries/Raziel/RazielOld2.JPG) (thanks to Nosgoth.net for the pic).

garbagefanuk
10th Sep 2002, 19:11
I think ur all trying t put meaning into things that aren't there. I think the first pic is just artwork and it looks abit to much like someone else and the second 1 is just a pic of an ancient vampire.

TG_Syd
10th Sep 2002, 19:40
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
I don't think so.... the shadow seems to be originating from the left side front of Raziel and he seems to be looking at the source of it, and the position doesn't match that of Raziel, although whatever it is looks as though it has Raziel's physique, at this point I think I'm leaning towards an evolved Razelim

Yeah...It looks like he's looking at the figure that's casting the shadow:eek:

Cathain
10th Sep 2002, 19:50
I think it is symbolic of Raziel's true nature, as if the shadow reflects his true form rather than his superficial appearence.

Anubis_Orr
10th Sep 2002, 20:37
KainPainter are you free to comment on this?

Personally it seems to me that a lot of what seems inconsequential in the LoK series later is found to have great significance and impact

Lozza Mate
11th Sep 2002, 09:21
Originally posted by garbagefanuk
I think ur all trying t put meaning into things that aren't there. I think the first pic is just artwork and it looks abit to much like someone else and the second 1 is just a pic of an ancient vampire.

yea, he's got it in one.

Lozza Mate
11th Sep 2002, 09:22
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
KainPainter are you free to comment on this?

Personally it seems to me that a lot of what seems inconsequential in the LoK series later is found to have great significance and impact

yea, you just haven't found any real ones yet :rolleyes:

Anubis_Orr
11th Sep 2002, 10:22
How about the Heart of Darkness? In BO1 it's just an artifact that Kain uses to restore health.... Now that we've met the being it belongs to and who's helped Raziel it has more significance than before.

Or how about the Pillars? They're assumed to give life to the land of Nosgoth but in fact they're a binding force, and the inhabitants of Nosgoth are "ignorant of their true purpose".

Or how about the fact that Turel is missed in SR1? Originally he was slated to die.... but now he can be an ally or enemy to Raziel.

Lozza Mate
11th Sep 2002, 10:42
those were hardly minor items before they were given extra roles. and they were always assumed to be more then what meets the eye.

but what you're talking about at the moment is generaly items of little or no importance at all. there's nothing more anoying about this forum to me than ppl who try desperately to apply extra gravity to every tiny detail in the LOK universe such as ppl who take a look at a weird texture or picture on the wall and say:

"OMG!!! I never noticed this before!!! I think it may have some pivitol role in what's gonna happen!!!"

try not to exagerate everything you see

Anubis_Orr
11th Sep 2002, 11:44
The items themselves are not minor, but their roles have radically changed over the course of Nosgoth

And again, who are you to decide what does or does not have any importance at all?

I haven't exaggerated anything at all, I saw something interesting and posted what I thought it could mean and ask what anybody else thought it meant, I never stated it was one thing or another just what I thought it COULD mean.

And this forum is exactly that.... a public forum where people can discuss whatever they want related to the LoK series. Everything of obvious significance has been discussed..... look at the list of topics right now, they are ALL theoretical musings and questions that people have had.

Lady Kreliana
11th Sep 2002, 16:08
Originally posted by Serul
What Naja and Kreliana (oops! Lady Kreliana :D ) said...

Don't worry, Kreliana or Krel is fine. ;)

Persephone Coorhagen
12th Sep 2002, 03:53
Over analyzing LOK? 0_o ........Is that possible?
I mean, the conclusion of the game is a mystery to us but you guys (Lozza and garbagefanuk) seem to know something going on in the game that the rest of us haven't caught on to since you find it absurd that we're even analyzing it. Please do share with the rest of us...

Lady Kreliana
12th Sep 2002, 04:03
I think so too. If you guys think that discussing this is below your intelligence, then please don't discuss with us. It's that simple, really. :)

Anyway, getting back on subject, the shadow behind Raziel could mean a multitude of things now. It could be symbolic of his destiny, that he's an angel of death, that he's Nosgoth's savior, it could symbolize his ties with ancient vampires (well...if he has one, which I'm sure he does), and many other things.