PDA

View Full Version : Texturing Techniques?

Danventry
8th Sep 2002, 23:39
Alrighty, I'm on the texturing stage of my FM. I am NOT an interior designer type person. How would I go about making my textures, colors, etc look pleasing to the eye? Is there any tips or site on interior designing that anyone knows of? I know that sort of sounds lame, but I really want to make up for the space of the FM with the content and look of it all. Like OCOD from Komag's last contest. It looked beautiful, but it still was a small space. Anyone with ideas?

amievil?
9th Sep 2002, 00:17
a little bit of advice....use textures that make sense to the area they are in. the descriptions of the textures are pretty comprehensive. add borders to the top and bottoms of the walls using air brushes(you can also use solid brushes for that but i wouldnt unless its like baseboards or something)...

align, align, align. if you dont know how to align the textures, click on the texture you see in the 3d window, then look at the bottom right side of the editor and click align. when that comes up play with it til you get it right.

last peice of advice is get familar with what textures are in what families. im not saying memorize them, just get a good sense of what you want.

Komag
9th Sep 2002, 06:01
Originally posted by amievil?

last peice of advice is get familar with what textures are in what families. im not saying memorize them, just get a good sense of what you want.

That means you should get one of the nice convenient texture viewers out there - very handy :)

Danventry
9th Sep 2002, 12:44
I looked for one briefly and didn't find any, I thought I was imagining it. Can u give me a link?

THEthief
9th Sep 2002, 14:42
Hmm...I tried that last night (aligning textures), but it changed the passage that I was working on from gray (texture color) to green!! :o

Did I do something wrong? :confused:

ChangelingJane
10th Sep 2002, 03:12
You have to either turn on "light bright", or re-light after you realign textures. Its yet another one of them funky DromEd glitches ^_^

THEthief
10th Sep 2002, 22:50
Originally posted by ChangelingJane
You have to either turn on "light bright", or re-light after you realign textures. Its yet another one of them funky DromEd glitches ^_^

Oh...Thanks!! :)

amievil?
12th Sep 2002, 02:49
Originally posted by Komag

That means you should get one of the nice convenient texture viewers out there - very handy :)

i didnt say i didnt have thief media edit :D

danventry, try um www.thief-thecircle.com/dromed

(click on tools on the right side) for thief media edit which lets you look at all the textures and stuff.