PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo ***waves a little flag***

Rook
8th Sep 2002, 19:54
Well, after a few months of playing around with my t-shirt "business" (printing a series of my own cartoon characters on shirts) I finally sold my first shirt yesterday. I might have done more business long before now, but I'm a horrrrible perfectionist, and I've spent far more time fiddling around with the characters to try and make them look better than I have trying to sell them. Oddly enough, the character on the shirt that sold (a funky blue dragon) was one that I was considering getting rid of because it's more than a little on the gaudy side. Guess I'll have to keep him now...:rolleyes: :)

Anyway, I'm kinda happy...:)

Naja
8th Sep 2002, 21:22
I'm happy for you! *BTW, did you post pics of any of your shirts, like the dragon one or any others you have? If so, where? If not, could you? TY!*

Embla
8th Sep 2002, 21:42
Congratulations Rook.
And yes, it would be nice with some pics.

Riovanes
8th Sep 2002, 21:43
Congratulations, Rook! Always told you that you had talent... Maybe now you'll listen, eh?

BAH!!!

Rook
9th Sep 2002, 02:55
Thanks a bunch, fellas!!

I don't actually have any of them posted anywhere, though I was using one of my leprechaun characters as my signature for a time. Up to this point, I've tried to avoid putting them anywhere where they might be seen by a lot of people all at once, precisely because I'm a perfectionist and I have issues with their current condition. In fact, the t-shirts that I've printed up so far are only tests, and honestly not of the quality I would prefer to actually display or sell. But the lady that bought the dragon one was fairly adamant about wanting it, so that was that. I'll see if I can grow a spine and post a pic or two here shortly...:rolleyes: :D

Meanwhile, anybody have any suggestions for names for cartoon characters?? I posted a thread in the General Off Topic Forum asking this awhile back, but I didn't get many replies. Any suggestions are appreciated...Thankyaz!

oh, and...http://216.40.241.68/contrib/dday/blush.gif

Naja
9th Sep 2002, 03:31
It's kinda hard for us, or at least me, to come up with a name for a cartoon character. I probably could if I knew what it looked like, so could you either post it or at least describe what the character(s) look like?

Rook
9th Sep 2002, 03:53
;)Okay, try this...

http://www.sigrealm.com/sighosting/Rook/FireDragon.gif

Edit: Switched characters. Couldn't stand the other one. I'm still working on this one, by the way, so he looks a bit rough. :D

Lady Kreliana
10th Sep 2002, 03:22
Awesome, congratulations!

Riovanes
10th Sep 2002, 05:00
How about "sunny?" He's all yellow, and has that cool red detailing going on... Kind of like the sun? I don't know...

BTW, that dragon is incredibly cute. Have you ever considered tattoo work? It looks sort of like something someone would put on their shoulder or something.

BAH!!!

Naja
10th Sep 2002, 05:18
How about Ralph? Or George? Or Gregory? Or Sammy? (he is in an S shape, after all) Nah, too mediocre huh?

How about Sebastion? Or Sylvester? Too overdone, huh?

Hm.... I dunno....:confused:

I wanna help, but I can't think of names right now... 'Sunny' sounded better than mine.:(

Rook
10th Sep 2002, 05:32
Thanks again!:D

I've actually had quite a few people ask for copies of the fire dragon (and his water dragon counterpart), and a few of the others, so they can get a tattoo of it. I have yet to see one actually tattooed on anybody, though. That would be kind of cool...

I hadn't thought of it before, but "Sunny" sounds like a good name for him.:D

http://216.40.241.68/contrib/dday/blush.gif

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions, Naja!! If not for this character, I might use them for some of the others. There are quite a few, after all. Thankyaz! :cool: :D

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Sep 2002, 18:58
Name him Melvin. :D

necropotence
15th Sep 2002, 19:52
Hey, Rook I don't know where you live but I live in the U.S. and I do oil painting's but on the side I've done tattoo's panel work if you take some panel's (pen&ink,color) to a tattoo shop they will give you good money for them although it's best to go through a publisher. So you don't get screwed!

Rook
17th Sep 2002, 10:02
I've actually done a few tattoo designs for people (apart from the cartoon characters, that is), but I never have gotten around to taking them to a tattoo shop myself. I basically did them for free anyway, since I hate asking for money. I'll probably always have a lot of work and still be too self-conscious to ask for any kind of payment. I don't really have to worry about other people screwing me. I do that pretty well all by myself.:o http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen002.gif

Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Name him Melvin. :D

Or Mel, for short.:D Thanks for the suggestion, Roxy!

Power reaver
17th Sep 2002, 12:08
Great job .

i think the name Sunny is great .

But if you want an animeish type of name for your chars , Iam your man .

I think Syryu would do for your dragon . (Isnt Ryu japanese for dragon , Iam not sure)

If you make a smaller version of him (something like Yoshi) you can name him Chibiryu (Chibi means small , still not sure about the Ryu though)