PDA

View Full Version : Which Circle member?

Time Streamer
8th Sep 2002, 13:27
Which of the Circle of Nine you'd like to be, or more precisely, which Pillar's powers you'd like to wield?

I'd choose the Pillar of Time so I could master the time travel and the other things included with it.

Serul
8th Sep 2002, 17:36
Either the Piller of Time or the Pillar of Dimension. Travelling through time or to another dimension should keep me from getting bored. ;)

garbagefanuk
8th Sep 2002, 17:50
Easy. Guardian of death, for when i have death all ur little time travel and dimention tricks shall not keep me at bay. Ur soul is mine :p;) (plus i'm totally morbid on this stuff. death seems cool)

Rook
8th Sep 2002, 18:42
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sprachlos/sprachlos040.gif Spare me, please! Spare me! I'll pay you! ***trembles in fear of Garbagefanuk's power***

I think I'd want to be the Guardian of the Pillar of Dimension. Or the Pillar of the Mind, then I can make everybody nutz, too. ;)

:D

Lady Kreliana
10th Sep 2002, 03:25
I'd want to be the Guardian of Balance or Time. Having the power to manipulate time would be so much fun. (No, I don't like YOU...lets expel you from history. >: D) I'd like to be balance because that's the most powerful guardianship. You're the guardian of everything when you're balance.

garbagefanuk
10th Sep 2002, 19:17
Ur not the guardian of death like me :D as arial found out no-one is beyond death (except raziel) git! :mad:

Umah Bloodomen
11th Sep 2002, 16:19
I'd definately have to go with Dimension or Time guardian as well. So many perks to those positions. :p

Jeffers
11th Sep 2002, 21:53
Originally posted by garbagefanuk
Ur not the guardian of death like me :D as arial found out no-one is beyond death (except raziel) git! :mad:

LOL!!!!!!!!!

I think I would like to be the pillar of mind.

I could then try and work out how to time travel with all my inexplicable wisdom, or could just corrupt the time guardians mind with lots of little suggestions until they give me free passage, or death with wisdom of life so I could be beyond his reach. :D

Now if only Nosgoth worked like that.

Jeffers

garbagefanuk
12th Sep 2002, 01:46
Hey. even the guardian of death wasn't beyond death and u think abit of wisdom will help u escape me?!? I AM EVIL

EVIL!!!

And i have a groovy pie with which i shall rule the universe. Fear me.

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 03:45
Funny, because Mortanius wasn't necessarily evil...he was possessed by something evil, but the question of him being evil prior to that is still up for debate.

Hell, Linda Blair wasn't evil until the Devil possessed her in The Exorcist ;) :p give these people a break, eh? :p

At least Morty didn't puke all over himself...it would be cool to watch his head spin around though. LOL!

Jeffers
13th Sep 2002, 22:17
Originally posted by garbagefanuk
Hey. even the guardian of death wasn't beyond death and u think abit of wisdom will help u escape me?!? I AM EVIL

EVIL!!!

And i have a groovy pie with which i shall rule the universe. Fear me.

A Little bit of knowledge can go a long way.

For example, I may no the one hiding place in the whole of nisgoth which is reachable to everyone but nobody else knows where it is.

So how would you find me?

Jeffers

garbagefanuk
13th Sep 2002, 22:56
Originally posted by Jeffers

A Little bit of knowledge can go a long way.

For example, I may no the one hiding place in the whole of nisgoth which is reachable to everyone but nobody else knows where it is.

So how would you find me?

Jeffers

Theres a reason why u know this place. U are apprently in another dimntion called nisgoth while us poor mortals (or vampires or guardians are stuck in boring old nosgoth :p ur so lucky to have ur own nisgoth dimention :D

Jeffers
14th Sep 2002, 15:57
So I am, I woundered why it was so quiet here.

Well, that just proves my point, nobody would be able to find my, not even the guardian of death.

Nisgoth is so similar to nosgoth you know. http://geocities.com/ijemail/emb.txt

NoobSaibot
14th Sep 2002, 23:30
Tecnically(SP?) there are ten gardians. You can tell what I am getting at, I would like to take over for Janos and Raz as the Reaver 10th Gardian.:D :D And I would really like to have the wraith blade after raz is turned into it and the blade on his arm is released.

Hash'ak'gik
23rd Dec 2002, 20:11
Pillar of the mind so I can control and read all your minds!
Mwahahahahahahahahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaaaaa!!!

CyberFish
26th Dec 2002, 01:23
If in Nosgoth... Probably Death. Being able to raise the dead and commune with spirits would be interesting.

In Real Life, having knowledge of events to come (Pillar of Time) or the inner workings of people's minds (Pillar of the Mind) would be more useful.

chuffy
26th Dec 2002, 13:50
i'd go with the piller of nature. it would be good to be in control of the whole land.

chuffy

FireSnake
4th Jan 2003, 16:51
I want to be the Guardian of Nature...
... then I can call all little cute birdies to sit on my palm...
AND THEN I'D SQUISH THEM!!! HAHAHA! Joke.

Scathach
5th Jan 2003, 18:18
Conflict! To have the power to make wars and kill without anyone question! To be regarded by all as the ultimate warrior!

Malek was a wuss, and a brainless moron. I would make a better Conflict Guardian as I have brains and won't let other people tell me what to do!

By the way, HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, I'M NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

FireSnake
6th Jan 2003, 15:02
Hello and welcome here. ;) Enjoy Your stay. :D

Scathach
8th Jan 2003, 20:34
Hello and welcome here. Enjoy Your stay.

Thanks FireSnake, I'm sure I will.

You know, a bonus of being Time Guardian would be that you would never really die, you'll always excist in the time streams and thus will always be able to have an influence on the future, look at Moebuis, he was killed in BO and is still messing everyone around!

FireSnake
8th Jan 2003, 23:49
Well, that's because we see it from our point of view.
Actually Moe lived only once and when Kain killed him, it was dead end, life over, nada, zero, zip... well he did "live" on as a spirit but that can't be called life actually.

But true - he did have the opportunity to turn everything down to "H and double hockey sticks" while he lived. :P

Being the Guardian of Time would be really wicked.
I always considered Azimuth, Moe and Morty as the most dangerous parts fo the puzzle. Fame and power drives one mad, turns eeeeeevil. Giving humans such great powers as Time, Dimension and Death was like REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad idea... nobody actually had any other options...
Moe is the most powerful of them, even the powers of Death or Dimension don't seem to match his ability to foresee and manipulate anything.

Umah Bloodomen
9th Jan 2003, 04:04
There is no evidence that Moebius is actually a spirit. True, he does appear as one, but Raziel was more than eager to test the theory of Moebius' spirituality in SR2, however the cunning Time-Streamer ducked out before Raziel had the opportunity. (Implying that Moebius was merely hiding his true form).

Being the Time-Streamer, as Scathach pointed out, would mean that it is possible that an incarnation of Moebius' physical self is still streaming throughout the threads of time, even though he did die in one point of the time stream.

FireSnake
9th Jan 2003, 08:17
Oh...
Hmm...
I'm confused. :(
Can You help me out?

I don't get it - is that spectre Raziel saw in the Sarafan Stronghold in the Ruined Aerie (SR2) really Moebius' spirit or not?
I thought that he ran away because he was afraid to be devoured by Raziel. Or are You saying that it might have blown his cover? If he really wasn't a spirit, then who was he?

And what did You mean by that incarnation? :confused:

Thanks in advance, this theory is quite amusing. :)

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
9th Jan 2003, 08:34
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
There is no evidence that Moebius is actually a spirit. True, he does appear as one, but Raziel was more than eager to test the theory of Moebius' spirituality in SR2, however the cunning Time-Streamer ducked out before Raziel had the opportunity. (Implying that Moebius was merely hiding his true form).

Being the Time-Streamer, as Scathach pointed out, would mean that it is possible that an incarnation of Moebius' physical self is still streaming throughout the threads of time, even though he did die in one point of the time stream.

1. Moebius appears to be a spirit to Raziel and us (the gameplayer's) through most of SR2.

2. Moebius makes the following comment to Raziel (BO ERA +100 Years)

Kain's lies have addled your mind. Leave this place and trouble this spirit no more!

Raziel responds with this statement:

If you are even a spirit. You've forgotten, I have a way to tell for sure. If you're willing to risk it.

It is this point where Raziel pulls back his cowl appearing as if he is readying himself to devour Moebius' martyred spirit.

Moebius vanishes.

Now let's look at this. Earlier in the game, Moebius faces Raziel without his precious staff, risking his own existence. This shows that Moebius has nerve. During this scene that I just pointed out, Moebius is clearly the coward. We also know that Moebius is quite the manipulator and just appearing as if "he doesn't want his soul reaved" isn't as indepth and/or as cunning as what we normally see from him.

Enter the other incarnation of Moebius, and the true power of a Time-Streamer.

Moebius fell at Kain's hands in the altered future of BO (after William was slain). Moebius had even commented before that he had predicted his own death. Moebius' binding to his Pillar was terminated then. He was no longer the Time Streamer, and his Pillar was restored upon the return of his hourglass.

The past though, still existed at this time. (SR2-era). The events still played themselves out normally (Vorador slaughtering the Circle la de da da). 3 Guardians still lived during this time, unaffected by anything the future that Kain had altered, held. (The Guardians of course were, Mortanius, Malek and Moebius). We know for certian what 2 of these individuals were doing at the time of the Circle's demise. Again, these were the remaining survivors, which means they were alive.

Moebius is a cunning one I will give him that. He is still alive and in the flesh at this time, and guising himself as a spirit.

EDIT I am theorizing over another speculation. I will edit this space accordingly.

FireSnake
9th Jan 2003, 10:33
Heheh, thanks. :)

A very interesting theory and probably correct too (as I said before and as all You know that in the world of LoK nothing is too simple and nothing is as it really seems).
Crud, I fell for Moe's trap again if this is true. :p

The only thing that bothers me now is - how is Moe disguising himself? :D

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
9th Jan 2003, 10:36
He does have ancient powers on his side, in the form of Mon Calamari beneath the Pillars.

FireSnake
9th Jan 2003, 11:19
LOL :D

I thought he watched "Tom & Jerry" and later on dipped himself in a barrel of flour. :p
Lol. Okay, sorry for the slight offtopic-ness. Just wanted to hear that theory. :)
Back to the Circle members then.

- Matthew

Losturel
22nd Jan 2003, 04:36
I wish I could be the Conflict Guardian....But with the Soul Reaver in my hands, BWAHAHA!. Just imagine me with this kind of power.
No one could stop me.

WraithStar
15th May 2004, 00:53
If you could be a Guardian of any of the Pillars, which would you choose? I don't mean a specific character from the series, I mean which Pillar would you like to be atuned to? I included an option for "other" if you want to design your own pillar:)

LOK kain is the greatest
15th May 2004, 01:08
Death. hands down. just seems to fit me.

Luv KITG

AndaPanda
15th May 2004, 01:14
Mind. Do we also get the abilities the Guardians from the games have? Cause I'd love to read minds, communicate through telepathy, bend people's will... He he *evil laugh* :D

WraithStar
15th May 2004, 02:18
Originally posted by AndaPanda
Mind. Do we also get the abilities the Guardians from the games have? Cause I'd love to read minds, communicate through telepathy, bend people's will... He he *evil laugh* :D

Yeah, sure, why not?:) I had to think a while (I know, I know, I'm the one who asked the question to begin with) but I think I would be the Guardian of Dimension.

AndaPanda
15th May 2004, 02:41
Originally posted by WraithStar
Yeah, sure, why not?:) I had to think a while (I know, I know, I'm the one who asked the question to begin with) but I think I would be the Guardian of Dimension.

I need answers! Um, reasons! :p

I'm very courious. :o

BigKevSexyMan
15th May 2004, 02:53
None of these seem to fit any of those characteristics. But I will choose an element(which is a combination of two of those pillars). Wind.

WraithStar
15th May 2004, 02:54
Okay AndaPanda, answers you shall have. Concerning whether or not you get the powers, I was thinking basically if you were chosen by a Pillar to be its Guardian, which Pillar would it be? So you would get all of the benefits that come with the job in this hypothetical scenario. Why I chose Dimension: You really want the convoluted reasoning? I warned you... Here goes. I had it narrowed down to Mind (I would like to explore and discover and learn things), Death (What's not to love?) and Dimension. The idea of shifting to alternate realities and being able to open portals to summon creatures won out. I don't know why, but I'm just drawn to it:D . By the way, my favorite character class in Nox is the Conjurer, if that means anything to you.:)

EDIT: Glad to see someone made use of the "other" option. I was worried nobody would take it seriously:)

AndaPanda
15th May 2004, 02:57
Tee hee, thanks WS. Those are pretty good reasons. :D

kakarot
15th May 2004, 04:11
Death Guardian.

From what I've seen Mortanius was a far more powerful guardian than the others.. other than possession atleast he could defend himself.

evil_sharkey
15th May 2004, 05:10
ENERGY!! I don't know what the energy guardian was like in BO1 yet, but I think it would be awesome to have control over something so diverse. Energy comes in many forms: heat, light, chemical, electrical, nuclear, magnetic, motion, etc. I could defy gravity, bend metals, disintegrate things, freeze, broil, irradiate, blind, deafen, shock, and/or irradiate things. Sure, I couldn't resurrect, dimension jump, mind read, time travel, or any of those other good things, and other guardians (States, Nature) might be better than me at some of those things, but I'd have wicked TK. Imagine using nuclear radiation on enemies. They wouldn't even know what was killing them. *evil snicker* Oh, the possibilities.:D:D "Now you will have hot flashes, cold toes, and staticky hair and hear Outkast songs from nowhere! BAA HA HA HA HAAA!!"

p.s. This particular ability lies close to my heart. It's near what my own characters use.

p.p.s. Hee hee! Umah called Squiddy Mon Calamari. I'm not the only one.:p Yay!

Dark_Raziel01
15th May 2004, 05:31
i dont realy know i gess i would death

Omni_Sephiroth
15th May 2004, 07:43
Definatly Demention or Time, i can just see to so much in those positions :)

card
15th May 2004, 08:32
hmm can't decide between time (i really love it :p) and mind.. both? :p

Sheyda
15th May 2004, 12:32
I chose Mind Guardian, as it would enhance all mental and psychic abilities. I agree it would be interesting to travel through time and dimensions, but I think it would be fun using psychokinesis on everything, communicating with telepathy and using telepathic suggestion you could control almost anyone. With the power of the mind you could also will yourself to teleport, though I think that is mainly to do with dimension.

If it wasn't up to me to be placed as one of the guardians, I think I would most likely be assigned as a Balance Guardian, as I have this way in finding order and equality in and between everything, I guess. My star sign also suits it; Libra. LOL

Smoke_Z
15th May 2004, 18:03
I only have a small idea of what powers the pillar guardians have, I'd have to play BO before deciding for certain.

I create the Pillar of Authorship. *laughs like a megalomaniac* The ultimate power! No one could question my authority!

*Smoke puts her Ego back in its pretty box and meekly hides in the corner.*

KainOFthehylden
15th May 2004, 19:35
Balance....its pretty to interesting to be the center of all earth
I mean when am in a good mood the earth is fine and qiuet and when am in a bad mood the earth is corrupted......:D

Redeemer/Destroyer
15th May 2004, 19:37
I picked Balance too.

Laxely
16th May 2004, 14:11
It has to be nature, ahh to walk with the beasts, talk to the trees (that's why they're coming to take me away) and above all never to be bitten by a mosquito ever again. Bliss.

unimatrix2612
19th May 2004, 19:22
I can't pick any particular Pillar principle, so I'll pick two :p I'd like to go for the principles of States and Death, the pillar principles which are aligned with elemental Water (my element. . . mu ha ha ha ha)

KainOFthehylden
19th May 2004, 19:36
What are the specialities of the States Guardian anyways??

AndaPanda
19th May 2004, 19:50
I'm playing BO right now and I still have a long way to go until I "meet" Anarcrothe, but you can check out the info on www.darkchronicle.co.uk (http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/archive/anarcrothe.php). That's some pretty good stuff. :)

KainOFthehylden
19th May 2004, 19:52
Originally posted by AndaPanda
I'm playing BO right now and I still have a long way to go until I "meet" Anarcrothe, but you can check out the info on www.darkchronicle.co.uk (http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/archive/anarcrothe.php). That's some pretty good stuff. :)

Thank you:)

BTW am really happy you finally found BO1...I hope you enjoy playing it:)

AndaPanda
19th May 2004, 20:04
You're quite welcome. :)

Oh yes, you can't believe how happy I am! :D I love this game! The graphics are crap, like everybody warned me, but there's just so much you can do! All sorts of spells, forms, secrets, weapons.. And this game is SO LONG! *happy dances* Where's my gamepad? I think it's time for a few more hours of BO! Muhahaha! :D

4thSurvivor
19th May 2004, 20:25
Conflict for me.

EDIT - Didn't see we were on page 3 already. hurray for useless replies!

Zephon88
27th May 2004, 17:47
What ezactly is is pillar of states? i mean what does it mean "states'?

Umah Bloodomen
27th May 2004, 18:54
Originally posted by Zephon88
What ezactly is is pillar of states? i mean what does it mean "states'?

From my good friend, Merriam-Webster
Main Entry: 1state
Pronunciation: 'stAt
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English stat, from Old French & Latin; Old French estat, from Latin status, from stare to stand -- more at STAND
1 a : mode or condition of being <a state of readiness> b (1) : condition of mind or temperament <in a highly nervous state> (2) : a condition of abnormal tension or excitement
2 a : a condition or stage in the physical being of something <insects in the larval state> <the gaseous state of water> b : any of various conditions characterized by definite quantities (as of energy, angular momentum, or magnetic moment) in which an atomic system may exist
3 a : social position; especially : high rank b (1) : elaborate or luxurious style of living (2) : formal dignity : POMP -- usually used with in
4 a : a body of persons constituting a special class in a society : ESTATE 3 b plural : the members or representatives of the governing classes assembled in a legislative body c obsolete : a person of high rank (as a noble)
5 a : a politically organized body of people usually occupying a definite territory; especially : one that is sovereign b : the political organization of such a body of people c : a government or politically organized society having a particular character <a police state> <the welfare state>
6 : the operations or concerns of the government of a country
7 a : one of the constituent units of a nation having a federal government <the fifty states> b plural, capitalized : The United States of America
8 : the territory of a state

As an alchemist, Anarcrothe (and his predecessors) had the ability to alter the state of matter. Alchemy during the middle ages was a practice that enabled people to convert metal into gold. While this was the main purpose of alchemy, many historians have since claimed that the practice of alchemy extended into other areas of chemical change, essentially putting the alchemist on the same level as a modern-day chemist.

Zephon88
27th May 2004, 20:19
Thank you very much Umah i was looking for a sentence or something but hey! your ansewer works too.

CyberFish
30th May 2004, 00:39
As plenty of people have already said, the guardians of Time and the Mind have the great benefit of being able to see into the future or read people's minds.

I'm surprised no-one picked the Pillar of States, though... as a master Alchemist, you'd be able to turn base metals (like lead) into gold. Instant millionaire.

evil_sharkey
30th May 2004, 06:42
I'm surprised, too. As States guardian, you'd be able to do more than make gold. You could turn water to acid, blood to bile, oxygen to chlorine, coal to diamond, sword steel to soft tin, etc. Heck, you could probably make nitroglycerin and gasoline.

Zephon88
30th May 2004, 16:40
LoL that would be useful (being able to make gasoline) the way prices are going up right now

Fury
31st May 2004, 23:53
I would have to choose the Pillar of Death *Big Evil Grin* hahahahahahahaha hehehehehehehehe hahahahahahahahaha
(that was weird maybe I was taken over by some unknown force lol :D)

Darkmaster
4th Jun 2004, 19:45
I would be the Guardian of the Mind or Nature,the only two with the most benefits in the real world.

Solin
4th Jun 2004, 23:37
Dimention of course, all those worlds......
Time has the advantage for the power hungry which i am not.

khorne
1st Sep 2004, 08:58
um. demension or time

Redeemer_and_Destroyer
1st Sep 2004, 16:37
Hmmm... Guardian of the Pillar of Mind, the ability to read peoples minds and turn them crazy... finally everyone will see the world the way I see it, you shall all share my madness :p

Either that or the Pillar of Death, bringing people back to life for my malicious ways... hehehe!

Also 10th Guardian! HA!

LOKFanatic Taker
22nd Feb 2005, 03:39
I would personally hope to become the Mind Guardian, I'd have a field day with those powers every day. Don't get me wrong, Nature would be nice if you could make roses that spit poisonous blood that arouses people.

I'm surprised, too. As States guardian, you'd be able to do more than make gold. You could turn water to acid, blood to bile, oxygen to chlorine, coal to diamond, sword steel to soft tin, etc. Heck, you could probably make nitroglycerin and gasoline.

With this idea, can Umah or some other moderator change a vote from Mind to States? I think that what Evil_SHarkey had probably the best d*** idea ever. I wouldn't mind getting mad at someone, and suddenly change all the oxygen in their blood into chlorine. Being a vampire with that power would make me a Dark God like Kain and Vorador :D

kain-the-great
26th Feb 2005, 01:00
i would be demention and have an army of demons at my call muahahaha :p .... demons demons demons galore. fire demons poison demons lightning demons, gas demons, and bunny demons :p .