PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP problems

SwedisH-HerO
8th Sep 2002, 10:28
Hi
I have a problem with Win XP and commandos 2.
Ingame the Screen jumps...Its very annoying ..Does someone else got the same problem?? Or meybe a fix.. Please Someone Help me

I have tried the Nvidia 60hz Refresh rate fix
I got the latest Detonators 40.xx
And the latest DirectX

Mike_B
8th Sep 2002, 10:54
Originally posted by SwedisH-HerO
Hi
I have a problem with Win XP and commandos 2.
Ingame the Screen jumps...Its very annoying ..Does someone else got the same problem?? Or meybe a fix.. Please Someone Help me

I have tried the Nvidia 60hz Refresh rate fix
I got the latest Detonators 40.xx
And the latest DirectX

Well Windows XP isn't a supported OS but that's probably not the problem, since it worked for many others. I think that the drivers are the problem. The latest drivers from Nvidia the 40.xx are beta drivers, they don't have an whql certificate yet. Try uninstalling the drivers via control panel/software select nVidia un-install, then install the 30.82 drivers and it should be running ok.

1shot1kill
8th Sep 2002, 11:49
Also make sure your soundcard drivers are updated, can't remember how many times i have seen people blamed choppy games on their videocard while it was their soundcard causing it.

The refresh rate fix has given problems with some games too, if everything else fails try removing it.

Twitch
10th Sep 2002, 17:56
I got basically what you got in the hardware department but running ME.. I get no screen jump just a danged screen shift when you enter a building forcing you to re-assess your punch, stab or shot to your target. The whole interior moves up and left.

Xcom
10th Sep 2002, 20:50
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
can't remember how many times i have seen people blamed choppy games on their videocard while it was their soundcard causing it.

Choppy performance and screen jumps/flickers are two different things with latter certainly not being related to Sound Card. (If it does relate, I'll eat my shoes :D )

1shot1kill
10th Sep 2002, 22:59
Actually they can, seems to happen alot in games like HL and RTCW, soundcards can give the weirdest problems you can imagine.

Mike_B
11th Sep 2002, 05:27
Originally posted by Xcom
(If it does relate, I'll eat my shoes :D )

I want to see proof of that :p

SwedisH-HerO
11th Sep 2002, 13:39
I just uesd detonators 30.82 i think and it is working superb

It had nothing to do with the soundcard.. so eat your shoes

Twitch
11th Sep 2002, 15:18
Yes 1 Shot is right. Star Trek Armada 1 & 2 both have delicacies in sound card areas. STA 2 even had a feature to allow you to turn off sound card acceleration. Other simulations have this feature too as it is a known cause for stuttering, freeze or crashing. If it was not a contributing factor developers would not have made it toggle-able.

Xcom
11th Sep 2002, 16:34
Originally posted by SwedisH-HerO
It had nothing to do with the soundcard..

That's what I was saying, so I'll wait with the shoes.

Twitch, no doubt that sound card can cause performance issues. But in this very particular case...SCREEN FLICKERS (have you ever seen them, when your monitor flashes because smth is wrong with the refresh rate or it is out of sync?)... sound card is hardly the cause. That was my point.

1shot1kill
11th Sep 2002, 17:16
I'm playing BF1942 now, that game has an option to turn off the hardware acceleration too, the number of problems they can give is high, screen flickers, game not loading, severe fps drop, choppy gameplay, even connection problems can be caused by them and this si just what i can think of right now.